If Creation is correct, then 99% of life is arbitrary and futile. Think about it

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Is that standard agnostic doctrine talking; or you, personally?
I'm not aware of any "standard agnostic doctrine," are you? Fortunately, I'm not obligated to believe unreasonable tenets. I tend to let reason, logic, and morals govern my life, regardless of what major belief systems may espouse. It is a freedom all would do well to ebrace. To think, act, believe that which is true, unencumbered by archaic institutions and superstitions.

As for my response, I tend to follow Hume's maxim.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,914,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not aware of any "standard agnostic doctrine," are you?
No, sir, I'm not.

Looks like agnosticism could use a few, eh?

Or do agnostics just believe what they want to believe and it's every man for himself?
Fortunately, I'm not obligated to believe unreasonable tenets.
That's nice -- and no other agnostics are either, right?
I tend to let reason, logic, and morals govern my life, regardless of what major belief systems may espouse.
Could we stick to agnosticism -- since I'm not familiar with that religion (or belief, or world view, or whatever it is today)?
It is a freedom all would do well to ebrace.
Cool -- are you saying everyone but agnostics are slaves?

I'm not up on the latest mindset here.
To think, act, believe that which is true, unencumbered by archaic institutions and superstitions.
Truth? based on what specifically?
So you do not exist?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,914,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the book, essential Philosophy, Everything You Need to Understand the World's Greatest Thinkers, by James Mannion ...
Being obliged to at least pretend he existed in the real world, Hume wrote extensively about economics as well as philosophy.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, sir, I'm not.

Looks like agnosticism could use a few, eh?
Why? That would make it a Belief System.

Or do agnostics just believe what they want to believe and it's every man for himself?
Agnosticism is a lack of belief.

Could we stick to agnosticism -- since I'm not familiar with that religion (or belief, or world view, or whatever it is today)?
Sorry, I'm sure you would like to pin in as a religion so you can claim parity with it (seemingly a life-long goal of creationists like yourself), but it is not.

Upvote 0

Heaven-Sent

Sep 3, 2010
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let's just talk simply of human Embryos. Evolution can explain why during our development cycle from embryo's to zygotes, blastula, ect... we have structures such as gill slits, tails, and other structures that will not develop or show phenotypically in the newborn human.

They are still teaching in schools embryo's have gill slits? This was proven fraud. No wonder your confused, your being taught lies.

It began with Evolutionist and German zoologist Ernst Haeckel in his 1876 book General Morphology of Organisms. Haeckel fraudulently presented altered, misleading and misinterpreted evidence. Some of the key details of his embryo drawings were wrong - purposely altered to make a case for Evolution where none existed. As for those "gill slits" - In the human embryo at one month, there are wrinkles (flexion folds) in the skin where the “throat pouches” grow out.

You were lied too.

Another example -> Take our appendix. Evolution can perfectly explain why we have these useless organs, and can predict that eventually the day will come when they are absent from our body.

The appendix is not useless or God/Evolution would not have created it. Look on wiki for the uses of the appendix, there is plenty. Yes we can live without it, but you can also live without your hair, finger nails, left hand, take your pick. Are those on the list to go next?

It seems your being confused with people feeding you false information. I hope you do some independent research and prove these suckas wrong.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They are still teaching in schools embryo's have gill slits? This was proven fraud. No wonder your confused, your being taught lies.
There is no fraud. They were called "gill slits" long before evolution was accepted. Why? Because that's what they look like and you don't need evolution to see it.

It began with Evolutionist and German zoologist Ernst Haeckel in his 1876 book General Morphology of Organisms. Haeckel fraudulently presented altered, misleading and misinterpreted evidence. Some of the key details of his embryo drawings were wrong - purposely altered to make a case for Evolution where none existed. As for those "gill slits" - In the human embryo at one month, there are wrinkles (flexion folds) in the skin where the “throat pouches” grow out.
The gill slits, or "pharyngeal arches" develop into gills in fish. Why do you think we have them?

You were lied too.
No, you have been lied to.. but I doubt you care.

The appendix is not useless or God/Evolution would not have created it. Look on wiki for the uses of the appendix, there is plenty. Yes we can live without it, but you can also live without your hair, finger nails, left hand, take your pick. Are those on the list to go next?
There may be some minor functions of the appendix, but do they out way the risk of infection and appendicitis?

It seems your being confused with people feeding you false information. I hope you do some independent research and prove these suckas wrong.
When are you going to take your own advice, I wonder....

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

You were lied too.

YouTube - Richard Dawkins: One Fact to Refute Creationism

Upvote 0

Heaven-Sent

Sep 3, 2010
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Tanzanos, or shall I say Richard Dawkins... So you can make a "Family Tree" from DNA code? That's like say I can find different colored crayons and put them in an order from darkest to lightest and say they evolved from each other. Of course creatures have similiar DNA code. The creator uses the similiar code because it works well. Ask anyone in computer programming, much of their code is similiar. Can you make a family tree out of computer software I wonder.

Reactions: JediMobius
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heaven-Sent

Sep 3, 2010
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
if you found the crayons in layers of rock that successively dated as being older and older the deeper you dug i think you would have a good case

Ah, the geologic column. Once again you have been fooled into believing something to support one's income. How about when there is trees which go through 4 different rock layers that are supposed to be millions of years old?

Note: It just so happens I found a black crayon at the top and the bottom, and red crayons were at the bottom. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Oh well, I'll just throw out the evidence.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ah, the geologic column. Once again you have been fooled into believing something to support one's income. How about when there is trees which go through 4 different rock layers that are supposed to be millions of years old?
that's old news and already debunked.

You are the one who has been fooled. i pity thee.

Geologic Column - Out of Place

Upvote 0

Heaven-Sent

Sep 3, 2010
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
that's old news and already debunked.

You are the one who has been fooled. i pity thee.

Your biasing your belief on someone's write up? Or look at the factual evidence there is hundreds of trees, in many different locations of the world where petrified trees go through all layers of strata. It only takes 1 to disprove the geologic column, yet there is hundreds.

Say your an archeologist digging for dinosaur bones. You come across a Tyrannosaurus rex fossil, wow what a find! Subsequently you find a fossilized tree going from the T-Rex all the way up to the top soil. This debunks any evidence for this fossil to be millions of years old. Yet they toss out that evidence because they wont get paid.

SHOW ME THE MONEY

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your biasing your belief on someone's write up? Or look at the factual evidence there is hundreds of trees, in many different locations of the world where petrified trees go through all layers of strata. It only takes 1 to disprove the geologic column, yet there is hundreds.

Say your an archeologist digging for dinosaur bones. You come across a Tyrannosaurus rex fossil, wow what a find! Subsequently you find a fossilized tree going from the T-Rex all the way up to the top soil. This debunks any evidence for this fossil to be millions of years old. Yet they toss out that evidence because they wont get paid.

SHOW ME THE MONEY

so show me one that cant be disproved, otherwise...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoonLancer

Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Note: It just so happens I found a black crayon at the top and the bottom, and red crayons were at the bottom. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Oh well, I'll just throw out the evidence.

Unless their is a reason for that anomaly.;)

And all examples so far that creationists bring up this i has been the case. Unless you can name a specific instance that has not already been debunked?

Btw saying scientists throw out evidence is false. Its just that the evidence doesent say what you would like it to.

Upvote 0

Heaven-Sent

Sep 3, 2010
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unless their is a reason for that anomaly.;)

And all examples so far that creationists bring up this i has been the case. Unless you can name a specific instance that has not already been debunked?

Btw saying scientists throw out evidence is false. Its just that the evidence doesent say what you would like it to.

A human skeleton was found in a T-Rex stomach.

LIES, oh wait, evolution uses lies as well. They are found in student text books nation wide. No? Research embrotic gill slits. This is still being taught in the text. Stop the lying!

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

A human skeleton was found in a T-Rex stomach.

LIES, oh wait, evolution uses lies as well. They are found in student text books nation wide. No? Research embrotic gill slits. This is still being taught in the text. Stop the lying!
You are not qualified to judge even the most elemental scientific evidences. Science works. Superstition does nothing but propagate ignorance! I believe what science tells me and not the superstitious stories bronze age goat herders who believed the world was flat tell us!

Creationism is nothing more than an insult to the thousands (many are Christians) who strive to increase mankind's knowledge.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,843.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not aware of any "standard agnostic doctrine," are you? Fortunately, I'm not obligated to believe unreasonable tenets. I tend to let reason, logic, and morals govern my life, regardless of what major belief systems may espouse. It is a freedom all would do well to ebrace. To think, act, believe that which is true, unencumbered by archaic institutions and superstitions.

Can you enlighten this ignorant guy?

Upvote 0

Targ

Sep 4, 2010
NSW, Australia
✟8,418.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Go to Youtube, search for the user potholer54, and watch the video "Dinosaur and polystrate trees debunked". This video adequately addresses the issue of polystrate trees. Quite simply, there are no trees buried through millions of years worth of strata. Buried through thousands of years worth of strata yes, this is quite feasible and observable, but not buried through millions of years of strata as creationists have claimed.

Upvote 0