Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This video presents quite a problem for the old earth evo-minded individuals.
...soft dino tissue.

Thanks for showing this.
I don't think any evolutionist who usually visits this forum would dare to discuss the issue. I really like to know some insights about the questions mentioned in this video.

Did we really find soft tissues (biomaterial) in old fossils? If so, what is the explanation?

Upvote 0

Dr GS Hurd

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
✟18,509.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think any evolutionist who usually visits this forum would dare to discuss the issue. I really like to know some insights about the questions mentioned in this video.

Did we really find soft tissues (biomaterial) in old fossils? If so, what is the explanation?

I already have addressed this. Here is the first article from 2004: "Dino-blood and the Young Earth"

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did we really find soft tissues (biomaterial) in old fossils?

They found some organic molecules. No tissue, though:

In biology, tissue is a cellular organizational level intermediate between cells and a complete organ. A tissue is an ensemble of similar cells from the same origin that together carry out a specific function. Organs are then formed by the functional grouping together of multiple tissues.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tissue_(biology)

It has long been known that organic molecules can survive many millions of years in the right conditions. In fossils, we've located heme (a fragment of hemoglobin) and some collagen (the stuff that toughens connective tissue). No ensembles of cells, though.

Interestingly, when the heme was tested, it's immunological properties were most similar to that of birds, not modern reptiles. Which is precisely what evolutionary theory predicted.

If so, what is the explanation?

The hemoglobin itself had fallen apart, but the heme remained, largely because of the iron content. But back in Darwin's time, it had been predicted by Huxley (on anatomical grounds) that birds evolve from dinosaurs. The evidence from the dinosaur heme confirms Huxley's prediction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dr GS Hurd

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
✟18,509.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Private
The most recent "dino meat" article was by two YECs;

Mark Hollis Armitage, Kevin Lee Anderson
2013 "Soft sheets of fibrillar bone from a fossil of the supraorbital horn of the dinosaur Triceratops horridus" Acta Histochemica, Volume 115, Issue 6, Pages 603–608

It was an embarrassment to the journal editors, and reviewers that it was ever published. The errors start with the incompetent fieldwork, and end with incompetent lab work. One of the professional reviewers was Mary H. Schweitzer. She really blew this one.

Kevie wanted to debate this with me, but he scuttled.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for showing this.

The evo answer is typically...apparently it can survive. Which really isn't good enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
The video is easy to summarize. Scientist find soft dino tissue in many fossils..not a few. If the dino's died out 65+ MY's ago...it shouldn't be there.

What exactly did WHO find, and why shouldn't it be there?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you willfully ignorant? I gave you a link to the first of my articles exposing the creationist frauds about "Dino Meat."
Sorry if this offends you, but I have no time for the talk origins pages of biased attacks.
For example you labeled the pages as...frauds...as if the YEC's are purposufully presenting lies. Get real.
Secondly the peer reviewed CRS iDino articles are new. They contain info your outdated web page doesn't. Your web page appears to be stuck in the 90's with the latest date pertaing to Mary Higby Schweitzer is 10 years old.

Upvote 0