TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}http://palsolidarity.org/2011/01/16291/

Jawaher Abu Rahmah was a Palestinian villager who attended weekly protests to oppose her land being taken away by the separation wall. Each week the protests are met with teargas, rubber bullets and sometimes worse. In some cases people throw rocks at the heavily armed soldiers. Her brother, Bassem Abu Rahmah, was killed last year by a teargas cannister shot directly at him. As the video shows below, he was not throwing any rocks when he was shot.

Jawaher was shot at with teargas and inhaled a large amount. She was hospitalized yesterday and died today. It is also very unlikely that Jawaher would be throwing rocks either, since people who do that when they do it are usually young men and boys from the village.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yM9U2y-op4

The killings of Jawaher and Bassem are despicable war crimes. How long will the world keep its eyes closed to the tragedies that are taking place in Palestine? The cries and tears of the victims cry out to the heavens and are heard by God, even if many in the Western world choose to close their eyes and pretend nothing is happening. Justice will come.

Nafe

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2010
✟26,062.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
I think that was Sarcasm.

There is more going on in the Israeli psyche than meets the eye, Its the victim syndrome the whole western World has fostered in the israel government.

If it wasn't israel but Iran doing this.... do you think the USA and the Coalition would put up with it? The West need to put their foot down on the behaviour of Israel of late and threaten funding cuts if need be.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But! They have a right to murder Palestinians. The Bible says so! -rolls eyes-

This is nothing new, at all, which is quite sad.

The Bible does NOT say that!!!

-hint- rolling eyes means i was being sarcastic:thumbsup:

[FONT=&quot]2 Chronicles 15:13
Whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[FONT=&quot]2 Chronicles 15:13
Whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.[/FONT]

You know, it is dangerous to pull verses out of context.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You know, it is dangerous to pull verses out of context.

And exactly what context should it be taken in? Chronicles 15 is talking about the Israelites entering a covenant with God, with that being the part of the bargain they're supposed to fulfill.

Surely you don't have a different interpretation? You know, it is dangerous to subject the Word to private interpretation.

2 Peter 1:20–21

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=&quot]2 Chronicles 15:13 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.[/FONT]
Given that only a very small percentage of Israelis and Palestinians are Christians, if you believe this verse still applies to the current situation it basically means that you would probably support killing off approximately 90% or more of the population on both sides- every Muslim and every Jew as well as the sprinkle or so of atheists or followers of other faiths in the region like the Druze.

The New Testament teaches that God will exact condemnation not man. Furthermore Jesus said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" (John 8:7) and that those who judge others and condemn others will be judged and condemned by God (Luke 6:37).

The murder of this Palestinian woman was not justified by God, any more than God would justify rockets from Gaza hitting kindegartens in Ashkelon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure did. Thank the gods I'm not an African American or one of those civil rights marchers.

What's your point? Are you making some kind of substantive comparison?
Just responding to your comment, like you were responding to my thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TG123

Jul 1, 2006
somewhere
✟14,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel the same way about dead anyones I don't know. But if I had a preference, it wouldn't be dead palestinians over dead Israelis.
I'm glad you don't feel Israeli lives are worth less than Palestinian lives. I hope you realize Palestinian lives are not worth less than Israeli lives either.

What injustice are you talking about?
Home demolitions, checkpoints, attacks by settlers which go unpunished, army brutality, land confiscations, the list goes on. I'd advise going to the West Bank and living among Palestinian people for a few weeks or months and seeing what they live with under Israeli military rule, you will see what I mean.

Upvote 0
M

MacNeil, D.

Home demolitions, checkpoints, attacks by settlers which go unpunished, army brutality, land confiscations, the list goes on. I'd advise going to the West Bank and living among Palestinian people for a few weeks or months and seeing what they live with under Israeli military rule, you will see what I mean.

Ok, but what injustices are you talking about?

Upvote 0