Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Hi Lm,
Ok to your 4 responses,
1- My original comments were addressed to post#4 by Papias where he describes an imagined evolution of a lung in a fishpod. This description though interesting and a possible starting point for a scientific investigation is not a demonstration of anything.

IC has likewise not been demonstrated. Behe claims that there are no possible routes by which IC can evolve. You don't need to demonstrate that these routes exist, only that they are possible.

3- The Bible doesn't say evolution is false. It says nothing at all about evolution. But many of those who believe the theory of evolution say the Bible is false. Oh there is lots of conflict but it remains that there is no contradictions between what faith in The Living God is and what science is.

The majority of christians across the globe accept evolution. The question of evolution and the question of the Bible being true are two unrelated questions. As for this atheist, I don't claim that the Bible is false. What I claim is that there is no evidence demonstrating that the Bible is true. While you may not think there is no difference between the two, rest assured there is.

4-As far as Darwinism is concerned I throw away its conclusions because 'the science' doesn't join up, doesn't convince, doesn't demonstrate it's core premise.

Examples?

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As far as Darwinism is concerned I throw away its conclusions because 'the science' doesn't join up, doesn't convince, doesn't demonstrate it's core premise.

Yet everyone* with a much more advanced level of education in 'the science' accept evolution as a fact. Those who actually work day to day in 'the science' are convinced and have produced tens of thousands of peer reviewed papers that demonstrate it's 'core premise'.

Are we to reject over a hundred year's worth of scientific endeavor because of your vague assertions.

Why should anyone be convinced by your opinion if you can't offer anything more substantitive than it doesn't 'join up'? What doesn't join up specifically? There will always be gaps in our knowledge but what we do have is an abundance of evidence that demonstrates that evolution is a fact.

You say that your rejection came before you became a christian, but to be honest I'm struggling to accept that. I've never come across anyone who rejects the theory of evolution on anything other than religous grounds, at what point did it occur to you that mainstream science could be so wrong about such a huge field?

*with the exception of a miniscule number of religious fundamentalists who reject the science for religious reasons

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello there AV,
I get the feeling that the guy doesn't do apologises. But be encouraged at least 'gas' is way less offensive than 'vomit'.
Go well,
><>
Thank you, brother.

Have a blessed weekend! :)

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You say that your rejection came before you became a christian, but to be honest I'm struggling to accept that. I've never come across anyone who rejects the theory of evolution on anything other than religous grounds, at what point did it occur to you that mainstream science could be so wrong about such a huge field?
I have run across a handful of people who have done so. They were all uneducated in science and had no interest in science. It would be a little cruel to call them air-heads, but not inaccurate to say they were gullible. In one case it was more an extreme example of argumentum ad ignorantiam.

Upvote 0