Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, the more I get to know people of different faiths and philosophies -- as well as the history of my own religion and its tenets -- the less convinced I am of Christianity's assertion to being the sole keeper of the Truth. I'd rather discuss traditions and experiences with others, sharing what we have learned, than loudly proclaim that my tradition is inherently superior to all others in all possible ways.

Guess it's just my own dumb fault for not staying in the safe simplicity of the evangelical bubble.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know, the more I get to know people of different faiths and philosophies -- as well as the history of my own religion and its tenets -- the less convinced I am of Christianity's assertion to being the sole keeper of the Truth. I'd rather discuss traditions and experiences with others, sharing what we have learned, than loudly proclaim that my tradition is inherently superior to all others in all possible ways.

Guess it's just my own dumb fault for not staying in the safe simplicity of the evangelical bubble.

Yup....it's all your own dumb fault.;)

Anyhow, I don't thing Christians have any bigger a piece to this puzzle than any other faith. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

rayodeluz

Inadaptado
May 25, 2010
✟15,583.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I looked into other faiths long ago, but Chirstianity has been the one that has worked for me on different levels for a number of reasons. That said I'd never invalidate anothe person's faith or belief. It'd be hard to claim we Christians have a monopoly on truth when we can't agree on the exact truth ourselves. Look at all the different Christian faith groups and denominations that exist. If someone or some froup tells me that their way is the ONLY way and truth then I'm automatically suspicious.

One thing for some reason that has caught my interest over the past year are near death experiences (google near death). I'm sure some people will discount them, but really there seem to be too many for all of them to be false. The vast majority say that the experience was more real than our reality on earth. It's interesting to read experiences of people from all types of faiths (or non-faith). Some say they encountered Jesus, and others no, but most report an indescribable feeling of love and acceptance regardless of their faith. If these experiences are true then maybe it shows that there's more than one pathway to God.

Upvote 0

genestealerbroodlord

Whozawhatnow?
May 12, 2006
Scotland
✟15,980.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Who's Ready?
I know I am.
What about you?
Have you got what it takes to follow the lord?
I know i do so, get onboard and follow him today!

Who will be a witness?
Hold on, I just need to get some more oil for my lamp. I forgot to bring extra with me. Don't leave without me ok?

Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟7,795.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who's Ready?
I know I am.
What about you?
Have you got what it takes to follow the lord?
I know i do so, get onboard and follow him today!

Who will be a witness?

I'm late to this topic...but you know, I really resent your implication that the Christians amongst us are in fact not Christian.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm late to this topic...but you know, I really resent your implication that the Christians amongst us are in fact not Christian.

Seems the OP was a post and run. Probably for the best.

Upvote 0