• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I was told by a professional

true2theword

Nov 8, 2012
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That I may well have OCD. (and major depression, but this is not the correct forum for that

did you ever wonder why depression doesnt effect huge populations where people live in the worst poverty, children eat cookies made of mud, and woman are raped and beaten on a daily basis, there is no work for men, and there isnt even a glimer of hope on the horizen.

you would imagine a really high suicide rate, or people that would just lay imobile in their dirty little hut, not able to crawl out the dirty hut door
I wonder why this is? in places where people actually have good reason to be depressed and suicidal they are not

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you have got OCD (and depression) then i`m really sorry.I`ve had OCD and all the depressions since i was 17, and i`ve nearly killed myself at least 5 or so times.It can be hell but hopefully yours ain`t going to be that bad.
I have considered suicide more than I care to count. Never had a full-blown try, but there is a particular object that I try to avoid for the fact that those thoughts come back.

Upvote 0

true2theword

Nov 8, 2012
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have considered suicide more than I care to count. Never had a full-blown try, but there is a particular object that I try to avoid for the fact that those thoughts come back.

If your a Christian how do you take the life that no longer belongs to you

or maybe thats part of the problem, people take there life because they never gave it to begin with

Upvote 0