Visit site
✟1,370,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As followers of Jesus Christ, we will have enemies. We will have people in our lives who will not speak well of us, but who will speak evil of us. They may slander us, hate us, reject us, persecute us and otherwise mistreat us just because of our faith in Jesus Christ and our walks of obedience to Him.

But, we must not let this unsettle us. We must remain steadfast in our faith and in our commitments to serving Jesus Christ with our lives, despite all opposition and persecutions. We must take refuge in our Lord, commit our ways to him, rest in his love, trust in his sovereignty, and believe in his promises, and hold on to him when times are especially dark.

I Take Refuge

An Original Work / September 1, 2018
Based off Psalm 71

O, Lord, I take refuge in You,
For You are my God.
Turn Your ear now to me.

Be my Rock and Fortress
To which I do go.
Deliver me, God. You’re my hope.

My lips now give praise to You, God.
I always have hope,
Since You saved me from sin.

My enemies speak evil
‘gainst me, O God.
Oh, help me, O Lord, rescue me.

The path of my life has been hard.
For, I have had troubles
Too many to bear.

But, You will increase honor,
Restore again.
Your faithfulness, Lord, comforts me.

Reactions: HopeSings

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
As followers of Jesus Christ, we will have enemies.
I do not think I have any enemies. People do not like us to speak the truth but they know it is true.

I have been in my fair share of fights but I never hurt anyone and no one ever hurt me. It was more like locking horns to see who is stronger.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟6,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not think I have any enemies. People do not like us to speak the truth but they know it is true.

I have been in my fair share of fights but I never hurt anyone and no one ever hurt me. It was more like locking horns to see who is stronger.
I have a different experience

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have a different experience
We always got along real well with people. My grandfather was the mayor and my dad was a well known doctor. People were always ready to back me up if I needed help with anyone. We had kind of a party house also and people liked being invited to our parties.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟6,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We always got along real well with people. My grandfather was the mayor and my dad was a well known doctor. People were always ready to back me up if I needed help with anyone. We had kind of a party house also and people liked being invited to our parties.
I feel abused by people

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums