Not open for further replies.

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
The anniversary of Terry's death was this week. He died on Columbus Day, October 9th. This year October 9th was on Tuesday. So, it was 2 days of intense grieving--Columbus Day and the 9th.

How ironic, we settled Terry's estate on Columbus Day. My pastor went with me to the lawyer's office and I am so glad he did. It was very emotional, but it is over now. All I could think about was how at that time last year I was having dinner with Terry and had no idea that he was minutes away from dying.

On the 9th I met Terry's mother and siblings for lunch. And, in the evening, my kids came home. We had dinner and sat for 3 hours around the table talking about Terry and good times we had. It was such a beautiful time. I am so proud of them and the way they have reached out for each other.

My oldest daughter, however, has chosen a different path. I know everyone grieves differently, but she has cut all of us, even grandparents, aunts and uncles, out of her life. She is very angry, but I know if she would just turn back to the Lord and come back to the family, we would all be there for her.

Now, I must get ready to move. I will make settlement on the townhouse on November 15th. Then I have to fix up the home I live in now in order to put it up for sale. This will be hard, we lived all but the first 2 years of our marriage in this house. Also, Terry died in this house. Letting go will be hard, but I have to do it.

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I'm glad to hear you made it OK thru the last week. It is hard giving up things like houses that have many memories for example. Just remember that we can take none of it with us when we die anyway, and the things we have in eternity will last for eternity and be far better. Keep the Faith! You're doing well. Your older daughter will come around eventually. Keep praying.

God Bless!:hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.