I shot up in bed with an echo in my ear...

SoulSinging247

It is well with my soul.
Nov 15, 2011
USA
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's been a very long time since I had a dream that caused me to shoot up in bed, gasping, with sounds from the dream still echoing in my ear. It's been even longer since I had a dream where, after waking up, I couldn't just roll over and go back to sleep.

Last night, I dreamt I was in a room with people who were familiar to me, though I can't remember their names or faces. I reached for a paintbrush and began to feverishly paint...four squares equally spaced apart to create a larger square.... topped by a diamond... I felt I was supposed to draw a second diamond, but I never got to it before the next part of my dream. I can't post images yet, but I'll try to post it in my avatar so you can see it.

I was interupted by the arrival of a large vehicle - I can't remember the type. I knew instantly that the vehicle was bringing animals - lions, panthers, leapords...all African safari type animals. I was happy...excited...reverent of these animals. I knew instantly I was to paint a likeness of each these animals, and they would press a paw to them. I also knew I was to dip some dried brush weeds in dark brown and swipe it across the image of the square.

4 black panthers entered our group. I remember that more than panthers had left the vehicle, but only these black panthers came to our group. One sat beside each unit of my friends (a father and daughter, I was alone, and a friend beside me..etc.) I remember I wouldn't look my panther in the face out of respect. I was not afraid - I was reverent.

The daughter (her age was honestly hard to tell - she seemed both adult and childlike at the same time) of the man across from me suddenly started laughing and leaping around, upsetting the pather that was with them. It lunged unnaturally fast at her, but her father stepped between the panther and the daughter, protecting the girl.

The daughter didn't stop laughing and playing. She crouched, encouraging the panther to keep going. Her father stayed between her and the panther and was telling her too quietly to stop... the other panthers were getting upset, and I was finally afraid. I wouldn't look at the panther near me out of respect, knowing that if I looked at it, that it would attack me. I was terrified, and I cried out to the girl "Stop! You're going to die!" My cry was not panicked, it was angry and stern. She looked at me. I felt the panther near me was upset and on the verge of attacking me... There was a terribly loud roar from the panther beside the girl and her father... and I shot straight up in bed with the sound of that roar echoing in my ears.

When I woke up, I felt an urgency to record the dream... instead of rolling over and going back to sleep. I felt I needed to remember it all..it was important... but I don't understand it.

SoulSinging247

It is well with my soul.
Nov 15, 2011
USA
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
How long did what go on? the dream? No idea. The echoing? momentary. I knew it was echoing from a dream, not echoing from like in the room or anything. I was completely aware that it was a dream. The urgency to remember? I still feel a sense of urgency about it honestly.

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

Yes. The sound just before you fall asleep or wake up can be attributed to that. As for dreams, they really are fascinating but there really isn't anything supernatural about them. When we fall asleep our brains release a large dose of DMT which causes the craziness of dreams. Like last night I had a dream where God told me to fight on. I ended up fighting zombies in my old job. It's more or less based off what we have been thinking of lately. God, jobs, zombies. For me at least.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoulSinging247

It is well with my soul.
Nov 15, 2011
USA
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You should be careful how you phrase things "I shot up in bed" could be taken in more than one way.

^^ I'm talking about this....

Anyway...

Totally understand certain dream phenomina. I also get sleep paralysis and a sort of...night terror type thing where I dream with my eyes open sometimes. The echoing bit didn't really bother me - the roar wasn't really important.

Maybe dreams have no meaning, but if God gave dreams to people all throughout the bible, why not now? I don't think this dream has some sort of huge prophetic meaning or anything...but something set this one apart from my typical scatter-brained dreaming.

I'm praying about it - I know that's what I'm supposed to do. I just wanted to share...and see if anyone could understand it better than me.

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

Aye okies. Yeah I suffer from sleep paralysis as well. I will say whatever our bodies create and why it's a crazy ride lol. However I will take the opposite route and go all hippy. What if man, all our dreams are like different sections of heaven and hell dude. Like nightmares are parts of hell and our best dreams are part of heaven. Whoa man. :p

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Years ago I had several bouts of sleep paralysis that were very troubling to me at the time. I figured out that they only occurred when I slept on my back.
Since then I have not slept on my back and they have never reoccurred. I can't say that this is a cure or that it would work for anyone else but it did work in my case. As for vivid and troubling dreams there is no way of knowing whether they have meaning or not, all I can tell you is that the ones that were the most vivid and real to me never turned out to be anything and I have had a very few that were so troubling as to occupy my mind for days afterward.

Upvote 0

SoulSinging247

It is well with my soul.
Nov 15, 2011
USA
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I only get sleep paralysis when taking a new medication. The sleep paralysis dreams are BY FAR the most disturbing and vivid dreams I have ever had. I remember them YEARS later. However, none of those dreams ever meant anything as far as I could tell - they were just really disturbing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoulSinging247

It is well with my soul.
Nov 15, 2011
USA
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The worst one I ever had... I was paralyzed laying in bed. I opened my eyes and I saw my own rotting corpse beside me. I retain ALL my senses in my dreams. I could smell the corpse. There were flies crawling out of my body, and my dead eyes were still open. It was rotting...the smell was so terrible... the whole thing was so terrible. I finally was able to move my arm and I sort of swung it at the corpse to hit it - that's when I started waking up finally.

It takes me a long time and a lot of effort to "wake up" from those dreams.

Upvote 0

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's been a very long time since I had a dream that caused me to shoot up in bed, gasping, with sounds from the dream still echoing in my ear. It's been even longer since I had a dream where, after waking up, I couldn't just roll over and go back to sleep.

Last night, I dreamt I was in a room with people who were familiar to me, though I can't remember their names or faces. I reached for a paintbrush and began to feverishly paint...four squares equally spaced apart to create a larger square.... topped by a diamond... I felt I was supposed to draw a second diamond, but I never got to it before the next part of my dream. I can't post images yet, but I'll try to post it in my avatar so you can see it.

I was interupted by the arrival of a large vehicle - I can't remember the type. I knew instantly that the vehicle was bringing animals - lions, panthers, leapords...all African safari type animals. I was happy...excited...reverent of these animals. I knew instantly I was to paint a likeness of each these animals, and they would press a paw to them. I also knew I was to dip some dried brush weeds in dark brown and swipe it across the image of the square.

4 black panthers entered our group. I remember that more than panthers had left the vehicle, but only these black panthers came to our group. One sat beside each unit of my friends (a father and daughter, I was alone, and a friend beside me..etc.) I remember I wouldn't look my panther in the face out of respect. I was not afraid - I was reverent.

The daughter (her age was honestly hard to tell - she seemed both adult and childlike at the same time) of the man across from me suddenly started laughing and leaping around, upsetting the pather that was with them. It lunged unnaturally fast at her, but her father stepped between the panther and the daughter, protecting the girl.

The daughter didn't stop laughing and playing. She crouched, encouraging the panther to keep going. Her father stayed between her and the panther and was telling her too quietly to stop... the other panthers were getting upset, and I was finally afraid. I wouldn't look at the panther near me out of respect, knowing that if I looked at it, that it would attack me. I was terrified, and I cried out to the girl "Stop! You're going to die!" My cry was not panicked, it was angry and stern. She looked at me. I felt the panther near me was upset and on the verge of attacking me... There was a terribly loud roar from the panther beside the girl and her father... and I shot straight up in bed with the sound of that roar echoing in my ears.

When I woke up, I felt an urgency to record the dream... instead of rolling over and going back to sleep. I felt I needed to remember it all..it was important... but I don't understand it.

I don't know what your dream means but I do know that God does give people dreams. I have heard sounds from my dreams before and these sounds were used by God to emphasize things that were prophetic and very important. Jesus Christ will sometimes allow persons to hear sounds to quicken their attention about something very important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0