nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I went and saw the movie tonight and it was great. There was one scene of nudity and some swearing in it but otherwise is was full of action and pretty darn good to watch. The acting was pretty good and the characters are played really well. Check it out if you are going to go and watch a movie soon. It was worth the 12.00 Canadian (3D version).

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟145,037.00
Faith
Christian
I saw it yesterday. I think it's the best X-Men movie so far

The Quicksilver scenes alone are worth the price of admish (short for admission).

I wish there had been more explanaysh (short for explanation) on how Wolverine got his metal claws back and what happened to Rogue.

Now I'm waiting to see Aaron Taylor-Johnson's interpretaysh of Quicksilver in The Avengers sequel.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So which do you think is the best? First Class? X2? please don't say X3 or X-men origins or you'll lose all cred.
Ewww ugh, trust me, I'm not a lover of X3 or Origins. X3 was an atrocity and Origins was mediocre. X2 was the best, followed closely by First Class. Personally, I'd prefer my X-Men movies either to be free from the evil clutches of Fox (which likely won't happen) or just be rebooted. Sadly, I'm getting neither one.

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I loved it, I actually thought it was the best one (X2 in a VERY close second). It's the only one that nailed how to use Wolverine...by that, I mean the whole flick wasn't the friggen Wolvie show. He was involved, he progressed the story, but it wasn't all about him.

And that last 10mins might be the best thing I've seen in an X-Men movie ever, they we're just nailing and righting many of the wrongs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I went and saw the movie tonight and it was great. There was one scene of nudity and some swearing in it but otherwise is was full of action and pretty darn good to watch. The acting was pretty good and the characters are played really well. Check it out if you are going to go and watch a movie soon. It was worth the 12.00 Canadian (3D version).

Saw it a few weeks ago, it's my favorite X-Men yet, probably second favorite Marvel film overall next to Avengers. Actually they're tied for me.

Upvote 0

Forever trying

Nov 14, 2004
Australia
✟17,583.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i like magneto......
but I hate the 1970's......

oh decisions decisions

Normally, agreed... But here in this they made the 1970's look pretty cool.:cool:

I saw a dog today.

Dogs are indeed awesome, so I envy you, but go see it :)

It was a dud. Not the worst of all the X-Mens but certainly not the best.

A dud!!! How can you say that!? It was awesome. The best one yet. The characters, the powers, the storyline. :confused:

So which do you think is the best? First Class? X2? please don't say X3 or X-men origins or you'll lose all cred.

If you ignoring the spin-off's, it will be DOFP, Origins, X2, then the other X two X films. But if you include spin-offs, hm, The Wolverine equal with Origins :):thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Forever trying

Nov 14, 2004
Australia
✟17,583.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wait, are you saying X-Men Origins: Wolverine is better than X2?

No, the 2nd Wolverine ("The Wolverine") is better than X2. Albeit, I think the ending could have been better (was a bit too comicy), it was pretty awesome. Definitely one of the best fight scenes in a Marvel movie. I don't want to ruin it for others, but anyone whose seen it will know the scene I'm talking about ;)

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No, the 2nd Wolverine ("The Wolverine") is better than X2. Albeit, I think the ending could have been better (was a bit too comicy), it was pretty awesome. Definitely one of the best fight scenes in a Marvel movie. I don't want to ruin it for others, but anyone whose seen it will know the scene I'm talking about ;)

If the final third of The Wolverine had maintained the quality and tone the first two thirds had, I'd say it's in X2's and DOFP's league, but the final third fell into the realm of standard absurdity. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't as bad as anything in Origins, but I still felt the whole final third of the movie was a let down.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A dud!!! How can you say that!? It was awesome. The best one yet. The characters, the powers, the storyline. :confused:

I do so wish I could be of the mindset where I just don't care and wanna have fun with these movies, but alas, it's too late for me. I've crossed over to the...well, is it really the Dark Side? Oh well, whatever.

What characters? Besides Blink and Quicksilver and some random fire guy(all of which were minimal) were there any new characters that stole the film? Not that I remember. Trask was great, but that's thanks to the actor, who is a wonderful actor.

And what powers? Other than Blink and Quicksilver and some random fire guy, were there any new characters with new powers that stole the film? Not really. Blink and Quicksilver, yes, but again, under-utilized.

Storyline? Nope to the 10th degree. The storyline may have "fixed" some issues from the previous films, but not all of them. And the issues can't be fixed unless the entire franchise is rebooted.

I found it too melodramatic. Slow-paced. Even the limited action scenes kinda take a screeching halt. This movie takes itself too seriously like the Dark Knight movies. It's like it's too busy trying to be something more instead of just being an X-Men movie. Barely any comic-relief to keep things moving (save for maybe the Quicksilver scenes, but they were short-lived and forgettable since he's only utilized once). The only mutant with cool powers this time around was Blink. Wolvie was usual. Beast was weirdly uglier and had that stupid Hulk thing going on (ugh) but otherwise usual. Mystique's still an eyesore (as she always has been; I will never understand making her scaled and naked), so...usual. Storm seemed bored to be there. (Thanks Halle, you're still a horrible Storm as you always have been). Iceman had cool power display, but not beyond a minute or so. Kitty was...just ugh.

I mean seriously, everybody was just so bland. The only person I really felt any emotion from was James McAvoy as young Xavier. Even Jennifer Lawrence, fun quirky Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence was a yawner to me. It's like she's bored being Mystique. There's no passion. Quicksilver was a good comic relief as I mentioned earlier, but he was sorely under-utilized. There was just no time in this movie where I was like, "Now THAT was awesome, WOW!" It was more like, "Soooooo, is this an X-Men movie or historic documentary?"

Why are Wolvie's claws metal again in the future? At the end of The Wolverine (which was essentially a "sequel" to X3), the metal was ripped out from his claws, leaving just the bones. Yet, there are those metal claws again in the future timeline.

How is Professor X alive again, initially? At the post-credit scene of X3, he seemingly put his consciousness in someone else to survive, since his body was disintegrated to ash. Now supposedly his twin brother, according to internet rumor, was the comatose man, but since that wasn't officially confirmed via movies, then I'm going to assume they don't expect fans to wonder about whose body he's living in. But let's just say that it WAS his twin brother in a coma and his consciousness DID take over to survive. Why, then, would he be paralyzed again in another person's body?

I am tired, TIRED of Magneto being all stupid and wishy washy. I'll kill Mystique. I won't kill Mystique. I hate his one-dimensional tendencies. He's just a bully mutant. He hates that humans hunt mutants to protect themselves, and yet he's doing the same thing. Hypocrite much, Magneto? So tired of him. Magneto was always a villain, yes, but he wasn't a stupid dunce of a villain. He's always been smart. But the way he's being utilized in the movies is just done to death. Once he was reunited with Xavier, I was half expecting him to actually have some decent contributions in this movie as someone who wasn't so stupid and can actually do something useful for the mutant cause. There could have totally been an epic battle sequence between mutants and sentinels (the METAL ones) in that past timeline, but nooooo. Again with his screwing everything up.

And Kitty Pride magically being able to help others time travel? Right. Kitty, whose ONLY powers are walking through solid material and now she suddenly, inexplicably can send people's minds back in time. Even if it is IS her very own personal stage of evolution, it makes no logical sense. And was clearly made-up for the sake of their "plot." What was the point of Bishop in the movie if Kitty's the one that can power up time?

And as great as it was to see the Sentinels (FINALLY), them being super-powered by Mystique's mutation? Gimme a break. Since when is she also able to adapt to whatever is thrown at her? If anything, that sounds like Darwin's powers from First Class. If the Sentinels are using Mystique's powers, then they should have ONLY been able to change their appearance, not adapt to mutant powers. It was just ridiculous.

And speaking of Mystique, I did appreciate her moment of transition at the end of the movie (something Magneto STILL CAN'T PULL OFF). It was a nice dramatic moment. But, seeing as how she was Stryker's shape at the end of the movie (to rescue Wolvie), is it safe to assume Wolverine won't have metal claws again? Unless the real Stryker still somehow manages to get his hands on Wolvie again and still gives him metal claws or...whatever? You see it's just a mess.

I'm sorry so long-winded, but I'm pretty passionate about X-Men. Granted, I never delved into the comics or anything, but I grew up with the toons. Watched them religiously. LOVED X-Men. You've got kids who are now grown who protect Transformers or Ninja Turtles or the like. I'm the grown up kid who protects X-Men. At first, I accepted the films blindly because like WHOA they're X-MEN. But now, when I see all these super hero movies coming out (namely by Marvel) and see what they do, all I can see when I look at X-Men is what they films CAN be. I see their potential; I see what awesome movies they can be in which their cannon can be more respected and each time they simply fail to be that for me. I'm in the minority of course, which is fine. My sisters grew up with X-Men and loved them just the same, only they are more accepting of the films. So it's my own battle. :sorry:

Upvote 0