Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Below is more praise for Liturgy of the Hours.

This election might have you praying for a swift death, or indeed the destruction of all life on earth. I get that. I really, really get that. The campaign drives me insane too. And when it does, I've found something to restore my sanity. I pray.

Continued below.
http://theweek.com/articles/656760/pray-every-day-changed-life

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
The election and mainly all things in life that make us freak out can easily destroy us inside especially if we focus on it think about it and talk about it all the time.
Often times when this happens I go to that still quite place with father and rest in him and it's like I suddenly have the breath of life in me again.

It's very vital to seek him out in that still quite realm of the heart every day whenever you can not just because it helps our closeness with him but believe it or not it's absolutely fantastic for our health as well

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,720.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I had posted this at The Lord's Table last week--where it got little response.

I really enjoy this prayer (not enough to do it 7 times a day or at 3 a.m. like this writer does!) And, unlike him, I have had some profound experiences.

I visited a dying nun in the hospital once. She was 90, and, in her life, had been a nurse, nurse practitioner, pastoral care associate, interior decorator, and musician. She played the autoharp, the Celtic harp, dulcimer, piano...it was our interest in music that first brought us together as friends.

She was in a coma. I held her hand. "What can I do to let her know I'm here, and I care?" I thought. I found Evening Prayer on my divineoffice.org app. When I put the familiar words on, she immediately straightened up in bed, listening intently, silently praying along. I felt so close to this dear lady, standing on the bridge between heaven and earth, and lifting me along with her.

God was definitely holding our hands.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow! Thanks be to God!
I had posted this at The Lord's Table last week--where it got little response.

I really enjoy this prayer (not enough to do it 7 times a day or at 3 a.m. like this writer does!) And, unlike him, I have had some profound experiences.

I visited a dying nun in the hospital once. She was 90, and, in her life, had been a nurse, nurse practitioner, pastoral care associate, interior decorator, and musician. She played the autoharp, the Celtic harp, dulcimer, piano...it was our interest in music that first brought us together as friends.

She was in a coma. I held her hand. "What can I do to let her know I'm here, and I care?" I thought. I found Evening Prayer on my divineoffice.org app. When I put the familiar words on, she immediately straightened up in bed, listening intently, silently praying along. I felt so close to this dear lady, standing on the bridge between heaven and earth, and lifting me along with her.

God was definitely holding our hands.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0