Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
pray for me this week, please. I need a tremendous amount of wisdom for an upcoming decision.

I have the opportunity to buy one of the houses that I lived in as a child. It is in good shape, and on what is considered "lake property." It would cost $40,000.00 and I would not have to pay interest on the cost of the house and land (4 lots). It is a four bedroom, two bath home.

The "problem" is that it is about seven hours away from where I now live and that is difficult because I love my church and also my family lives here. I'm going to see the house this weekend to make sure it is what I expect it to be.

I've been wanting to move anyhow, and God has been preparing me for a time of being away from my family for about a year. I just really need to have wisdom to make sure this is of God.

Pray here in thread or just to yourself, but please...pray.

Thanks!

Love!

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not for nothing, but renters could make that $40K pretty managable.

There's all sorts of headaches, but if you have the right people, that's free equity and a chance to help someone.

Maybe a church in the area is looking to house someone and front the bill?

Upvote 0

PassionateOne

I say it, as I see it
Jan 13, 2007
Texas
✟19,187.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tink, you definitely will be in my prayers.....on a side note.
I took a chance and bought a house in a totally different state (I moved from CA to AZ). I moved away from family and friends and the only area that I've ever known. BUT, I felt that God was leading me (thru my heart) in that decision. There were a couple times I 'flip flopped' on the huge decision. But, ultimately, I followed my heart and took the chance and it was the best decision I've ever made. So, if it's a decision that deep down in heart you feel, you might want to follow it. :) :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums