I need to realign with God

dbot

Jul 15, 2005
✟770.00
Faith
Christian
I know its all happened because I've had nothing to do, and therefore have done nothing but play Rainbow Six: Vegas and sit on AIM. But the second half of my summer has been marked by an increasingly large lack of God-centered thoughts and actions. Yeah, I come here every day, but it stopped being about God and started being a habit long ago. I looked for places to help not so much so that I could actually help a person, but rather to simply try and spout some wisdom. And when my own thoughts went largely unreplied to, I got a bit irritated.

I've only given a damn about myself I think.

When I have obeyed God's requests, even when they wracked my heart, and when I honestly drew closer to him, he blessed me. He blessed me incredibly. Unfortunately, I somehow felt entitled to these blessings, and when they didnt come, I got despondant and paranoid.

I dont like the selfish me. Life seems much smaller when you're the only one there, y'know?

I know this isnt the worst I've ever been, but I'm getting to where I dont need my knees blown off to know when I'm messing up.

I want to get back on God's side, and not just my own. I want him to genuinely show me places where I can help my fellow man using my own gifts, the gifts that he has equipped me with. I want God and I to walk side by side again.

So friends, pray that I can find my way back. This semester in school might be a big one, and any situations, educational or social, that come up, I could only come through with God.

Please pray for me, and I'll pray for you.

LauraLu

Aug 5, 2007
North Carolina
✟8,057.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
:)
wow, you are on the right track! isn't it amazing when he can just kick your butt into gear like that?

God, please let dbot start this new semester on the right foot. You always draw your children close who desire to be closer to you. Give him the opportunities and strength to reach out to others and use his gifts for your glory. Amen!

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I know its all happened because I've had nothing to do, and therefore have done nothing but play Rainbow Six: Vegas and sit on AIM. But the second half of my summer has been marked by an increasingly large lack of God-centered thoughts and actions. Yeah, I come here every day, but it stopped being about God and started being a habit long ago. I looked for places to help not so much so that I could actually help a person, but rather to simply try and spout some wisdom. And when my own thoughts went largely unreplied to, I got a bit irritated.

I've only given a damn about myself I think.

When I have obeyed God's requests, even when they wracked my heart, and when I honestly drew closer to him, he blessed me. He blessed me incredibly. Unfortunately, I somehow felt entitled to these blessings, and when they didnt come, I got despondant and paranoid.

I dont like the selfish me. Life seems much smaller when you're the only one there, y'know?

I know this isnt the worst I've ever been, but I'm getting to where I dont need my knees blown off to know when I'm messing up.

I want to get back on God's side, and not just my own. I want him to genuinely show me places where I can help my fellow man using my own gifts, the gifts that he has equipped me with. I want God and I to walk side by side again.

So friends, pray that I can find my way back. This semester in school might be a big one, and any situations, educational or social, that come up, I could only come through with God.

Please pray for me, and I'll pray for you.
Just reading what you have said is doing what God wants for you, I know others will read this and be inspired by what you say and reexamine themselves accordingly. I find when you are reaching out to God in humility..... and in it feeling the lowest you can.... God can use it to raise others up to higher than they can imagine on their own. It is when we realize we are nothing without God, that his everything can make us more than we ever were!
God bless you!

Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:groupray:
Father, You know dbot's heart and You see where his thoughts and attention are. Please help him to refocus on You and what You want with his time and talents. Also, please lead and guide him, as his school semester is coming up and dbot will need Your help, support, comfort and guidance. Please be there for him and show him how to accomplish Your will for his life. Amen.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
God has made you a super smart guy for your age. Your wisdom in analyzing your own feelings is really superior to what others can do, I'm pretty impressed.

However, remember, if you want something for yourself that God also wants for you, acting on that is not strictly selfish and does please God. If you are doing his will for selfish reasons, that just means that he's worked on you enough to make YOU want to do his will. Doing his will is not always supposed to be this horrible chore.

As for you wanting some good opportunities to help people. That's awsome. I always tell my friend to take every opportunity they get to be kind. Still its not all about opportunity, you might be at the point where you have to make your own opportunity and just go out DO the things you are suited to do to help people. Until then I think its kind of a cool game I play in my head these days when I see an opportunity to do something nice I take it. Its hard to explain, like sometimes just little things, like if my waitress was bad, I have the opportunity to be nice and give her a good tip. Or like if I've already closed my shop and want to go home but one last person comes and wants to buy something, I have the opportunity to be nice and let him. I'm trying to think more and more like this, and pass up fewer opportunities. I think that's a start until you can muster up enough ambition to make your own opportunities.

I'm praying for you brother, yer an inspiration so keep up the good work,

BEN

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Billy2007

Aug 15, 2007
Hull, United Kingdom
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i replid to your post in my thread bro, and i will say it again ill make sure ill prayer for you dail, you added that you play rainbow six vegas alot well your not alone there either bro its the same with me i had nothing to do what with not being in work n all so i got into online gaming was mostly on delta force xtreme all the time which i guess dfrited me away but i feel like im sarting to get back on the right track now and im sure you will :)

Upvote 0