Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My grandma used to have this poem hanging in a frame in her bedroom. I'm not sure what became of it when she passed away, but I would have loved to have had it.

At any rate, I thought of it when I was thinking of/praying for you this morning. :)

I Said A Prayer For You Today

by Frank J. Zamboni

I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart
Although He spoke no word!

I didn't ask for wealth or fame
(I knew you wouldn't mind).
I asked him to send treasures
Of a far more lasting kind!

I asked that He be near you
At the start of each new day;
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way!

I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small.
But it was for His loving care
I prayed the most of all!

Reactions: jameseb
Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
THANK YOU Crystal! I need it. I'm feeling much better today, I'm arguing with my inner thoughts lol. Gotta fight back. Fight, fight, fight.

I know that feeling all too well. I've been having the same problem here lately. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, guys. I can always feel the love - like, literally FEEL it - when you guys pray for me. I can't tell you what a blessing you all are. Please keep praying for me. I don't talk about my struggles, I always keep things to myself (I tell God about them), and I always want to be strong and capable and infallible and all that. But when I reach a certain point, I need to reach out and say "HELP!"

Listen, tuff gurl... ;) We all need someone to talk to from time to time. I'm glad you are talking now, though I feel for you holding so much in until you feel like the weight is too heavy... try a li'l release here and there... lighten your load a li'l bit - there's plenty of people here who will always be happy to talk to you, or even just listen if that's what you need. :hug:

I'll be praying for you, Vicky. God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, James :) I guess I tend to hold stuff in because I don't have any offline friends, and I don't feel comfortable just rambling about my psychotic thoughts to people I'm not close to. That's why it usually gets to the breaking point before I finally come here and say "HELP! I NEED PRAYER!" Nobody likes to listen to a whiner/complainer...everyone likes the upbeat, confident people. It sucks being so alone - and yes, I am very alone. I am not close to my family, to where I can confide in them. I have no friends. I'd give anything for a real, offline, face-to-face friend.

Bleh, see? More complaining! I'm done.

Reactions: jameseb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I finally had the long-avoided (and much-needed) cry. My mom stopped by, and we were just chatting, and we started talking about spiritual things. Then I started telling her how I've been feeling recently (which is so unlike me, I NEVER open up to her about things) and I started having this overwhelming feeling of I'm just so tired, Mom...I'm just so tired...but I couldn't say it, I just started crying. My mom (she's the best mom, truly!) came over and cuddled me against her chest and prayed for me out loud (I'm gonna cry again just thinking about how much I love her lol). Then when she left, I had to go in the bathroom and cry some more, and I admit, it felt SO good. I kept thinking I'm so tired, God...I'm so tired from life, I need rest...and I thought of the verses that say "Come unto Him, all ye who labor and are heavy laden, and He will give you rest."

Poor Josh was like "Mom, are you okay?" lol I told him I'm just tired, and my mom said "She'd just shedding some healing tears."

Reactions: white dove
Upvote 0