I need advice

Ineedjesus34

Nov 7, 2007
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello I am Simone. I am nineteen. However, I am trying to find out who i am in life. Also, I am stressed, about school, work, classes, studying, Phi Theta Kappa: International Honor's Society, finals is comming up, family problems, struggling somewhat finicially(spelled wrong), and etc. Inside is a battle for me, because I feel like I am losing everyday and my relationship with God is not great. Please Help me.

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi, Simone! Welcome to the forums--and I will definitely pray for you!

My name is FaithfulWife and I'm sort of a newbie too! Here are a few things that might help you:

To get blessings, you can go to the Blessings Exchange forum. We play games and take quizzes to earn blessings!

To get a character, go to the top of this page, sort of in the middle, and click on [Character]. You will need to select a body, hair, eyes, lips, and eyebrows/facial hair. I personally chose NOT to have a beard!

Finally, you might want to look in the Life Stages forums to find a group that fits you. I'm in the Women's Discussion, Marriage Ministry, and Fabulous 40's because as you can see, I'm fabulous and in my 40's!!

If you have any newbie questions you can give me a PM anytime.

Upvote 0

Ephesians4

Senior Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
www.prayerandsupport.com
Visit site
✟21,933.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, welcome! We're SO glad that you've joined us. :)

welcome10.gif

Second, you really do have a lot going on right now! Wow! I could see how it would all feel a bit overwhelming. I find that in those times, that's really when I need to lean on God and pray because He's the only one who can really help me and fix my problems.

Third, I'd like to say a prayer for you right now, if that's OK.

:groupray: Father in Heaven, please be with her and give her peace and wisdom to get everything done that she needs to do and not have stress. Father, please let her have some time to pray with You and read the Bible so she can grow in her relationship with You. Please draw her close to You and guide her paths. Give her an extra helping of peace, love, joy and patience. Deliver her from evil and keep her safe and healthy. Help her to grow and know You more. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

---
Again, welcome and if I can every help you with anything, please PM me. :)

Upvote 0

Ephesians4

Senior Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
www.prayerandsupport.com
Visit site
✟21,933.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just occurred to me...

I have no idea how long you've been a Christian, but I just posted this for someone else and I thought there could be some tidbits in there that might help you, too, even if you're not a new Christian. :)
--------------

Here's my two cents for what it's worth...This is something that I typed up a few years back. I know not everyone is going to agree with every word below but I hope it's a good general guideline. :)

Advice for Brand New Christians

:clap: Next Steps as a Christian

Below are some suggestions on how to begin your new journey as a Christian.

1. Tell Someone!
  • Share your good news with others. Tell your friends and family about your decision.
  • Tell others the Good News about Jesus.
  • Make your decision public by speaking with a pastor/minister/priest or by going to the front of the church during the closing invitation song.
2. Be Baptized!
Be baptized by water. This serves as a powerful event demonstrating the washing away of your sin and your new, fresh life in Christ. Some Christians believe that baptism is symbolic, others believe that baptism actually removes sin. Whichever you believe, make sure that you are baptized. Even if you were baptized as an infant, you may want to consider being baptized again.

3. Begin Reading the Bible.
Now that you are a Christian, you will want to learn more about God and how to follow His will for your life. Reading His inspired Word, The Bible, will help you reach this goal.

Before you begin reading, always pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you and to reveal God’s truth to you.

Structure of the Bible
The Bible is divided into the Old Testament (events that happened prior to Jesus) and the New Testament (Jesus’ birth and subsequent events). Each testament is divided into books. The books were all inspired by God but written by a variety of different authors. Each book is divided into chapters and then subdivided into verses. The verse helps you find a specific point in the Bible. The notation looks like this: Romans 3:23 (Romans is the book; 3 is the chapter; 23 is the verse). Every Bible is broken into these books, chapters and verses so you can easily find a verse that you need.

Bible Translations
I recommend getting a copy of the King James Version (KJV). It is very accurate to the original Greek and Hebrew texts but may be hard to read at times. That’s why I also suggest getting a copy of the New Living Translation (NLT). The NLT is easier to read because it is paraphrased, but my opinion is that the accuracy is not as high, so make sure that you always compare both. Other popular translations include the New International Version (NIV) and New King James Version (NKJV). Most recently, a public domain version has been created called the World English Bible, which is quite good and reasonably close to the KJV.

Where to Start Reading
  • Start with the New Testament books of Matthew and John. They’re a great way to learn about Jesus, His life, and His teachings.
  • Read Genesis. You’ll learn about the beginning of the world and God’s early guidance.
  • Read Psalms and Proverbs. These Old Testament books will give you inspiration and guidance.
  • Read Luke and Acts to learn how Christianity spread in the early days of the Church and about Paul’s (one of the first Christians) miraculous conversion.
  • Read some of Paul’s letters to the early Christian churches (I and II Corinthians; Galatians; Ephesians; Philippians; Colossians; Romans).
  • Read through other New Testament and Old Testament books.
How To Read
  • Keep reading your Bible every day, particularly the New Testament. If you forget, pick it up the next day. Don’t slip out of the habit.
  • Before you begin reading, pray for the Holy Spirit to help you understand and apply what you read to your life.
  • Think about what you’ve read. Consider what it means for you life.
  • Talk about what you’ve learned with other Christians.
  • If you have a question, ask your pastor/preacher/priest or a mature Christian to help guide you.
  • If you’d like, keep a journal nearby, write notes about what you’ve learned.
4. Talk to God in Prayer Every Day.
Did you know that you can have an audience with God any time you want it? What earthly king would ever give us such an invitation? Enjoy this gift that God has given us. Pray only to Him and no one else. Pray as often as you can. In fact, the Bible tells us to pray without ceasing!

Suggestions for Your Prayers
(See the Bible, the Book of Matthew, Chapter 6, Verses 5-19 for Jesus’ model prayer, commonly referred to as the “Lord’s Prayer”)
  • Address your prayers to your “Father in Heaven.”
  • Praise and thank Him for what He’s done for you, others and the world as a whole.
  • Praise Him for the awesomeness of His creation (the mountains, the ocean, etc.).
  • Pray for His kingdom to come and His will to be done here on earth like it is in Heaven.
  • Ask Him by faith to supply you with what you need (e.g. food, healing, etc.).
  • Ask Him to help you make decisions.
  • Ask Him to move in other people’s hearts so they will know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. (pray generally and for specific people)
  • Ask Him to protect you and others.
  • Ask Him to use you as his servant.
  • Ask Him for spiritual gifts (wisdom, knowledge, discernment, teaching, evangelism, mercy, hospitality, prophecy, etc.)
  • Ask Him to develop your spiritual nature (love, peace, joy, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control).
  • Ask Him to guide, heal and protect others around you.
  • Confess your sins (be as specific as possible). Ask for His forgiveness and for the strength and guidance to avoid committing the same sins.
  • Declare to him your forgiveness of other people (be as specific as possible).
  • Ask Him to keep you away from temptation and evil.
  • Declare that His kingdom, power and glory will last forever.
  • Close your prayers with “I ask all these things in Jesus’ name, Amen.” Jesus promises that whatever we ask in His name, according to God's will, shall be given to us.
5. Worship and Build Relationships with Christians.
Go to a church where the teachings of Christ are preached and where Jesus is the only true path to God.

There are lots of ways you can find a church. If you know Christians, ask them to recommend a church (or go with them!) If you don’t know anyone to ask, surf the web or check out your local phone book for a mainline Christian denomination (such as Baptist, Methodist, Christian Church, Presbyterian, Lutheran, etc.).

If you don’t like the first church you attend, don’t despair. God will help you find the right church. Just pray about it and try another.

Make sure you do go to church, though. Attending church will give you a unique opportunity to express your praise and thanks to God with others, help you learn more about God (which will help you grow spiritually) and will connect you with other Christians who will help guide you. Once you find the right church, you'll have a lot of fun, too!

As you attend, get involved in the various activities at church, make friends and look for ways to use your talents to express your love for God and others.
Remember, though: Humans make mistakes. Never place your faith in people around you; always keep your faith firmly rooted in God.

6. Discover Your Spiritual Gifts.
As you grow as a Christian, God will give you special spiritual gifts, such as teaching, wisdom, knowledge, hospitality, etc. You can always pray and ask for a spiritual gift and for the Holy Spirit to show you how to use it. To learn more about your gifts, click here.

7. Be an Ambassador for Jesus.
You are now Christ’s representative in a sinful world. You know the Good News about how people can be free from the penalty of sin! It’s your job to show others the love and forgiveness that you have found in Jesus and to spread the Good News.
  • Live the teachings of Jesus.
    As a Christian, you are now charged with the mission of learning to be like Jesus. How do you do this? Christ gave us many instructions on how to live as God wishes. They are outlined in the Gospels (the books of the Bible called Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). The most important rule to remember is the Golden Rule provided by Jesus: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you how to live like Jesus.
  • Be a role model for others by turning away from your sinful nature.
    This will be tough, but don’t get discouraged. You may really wrestle with turning loose of your old sinful ways. But, you must ask the Holy Spirit to guide and strengthen you to keep you from falling into the trap of sin. When you slip up, immediately ask for forgiveness from God and ask Him to help sensitize you to sin and show you how to stay away from sin traps (temptation). Don’t let yourself fall into a pattern of sin (if you do, pray for God’s forgiveness and help and seek Christian counseling). Remember: Jesus died to set us free from the chains and bondage of sin, but the Bible says that our sins even as Christians can grieve the Holy Spirit. Why get caught up in something that will only hamper your relationship with God?
  • Demonstrate God’s mercy to others.
    You have received the very precious gift of salvation from God. He has shown you tremendous mercy by forgiving your sins. Since we are all sinners (and continue to be so after we are saved), we must not judge, criticize or condemn anyone else for the sins they commit. We are no better than them–just forgiven. Now is a good time, too, to forgive everyone who has wronged you in the past. Show them mercy, as God has shown mercy to you. When you forgive others, you turn over "justice" to God so that He can heal your heart.
  • Help those in need.
    Give of your time and money to help the needy, the sick, the elderly, the homeless, widows, orphans and others who are experiencing a crisis.
  • Tell others about Jesus.
    Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you every available opportunity for you to share Jesus with others (telling others about Jesus is also called evangelism). Some evangelism ideas: Print and share this page with them. Invite them to attend church with you. Tell them what God means to you. Share your story!
Conclusion

This is the end of this study, but it’s just the beginning of an exciting adventure that awaits you as a Christian. Keep growing in your faith and praying that God will bless you abundantly with spiritual treasures — faith, hope, joy, patience, kindness, mercy, peace and much more! Store up those spiritual treasures in heaven and don’t let yourself get distracted by trying to store up earthly treasure (money, possessions, etc.).
Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” - John 10:10
Before we wrap up, take a moment to pray:
“Father in Heaven, thank you for everything you have done for me, especially for sending your Son, Jesus, to die for my sins! Please guide me and direct me in everything that I do. Help me stay on the right path and grow in love, faith, hope and wisdom. Help me to grow. Please keep me away from temptation and evil. Please give me a thirst to learn more about you. In Jesus’ name, Amen."

May God bless you, protect you, reveal Himself to you and guide you all of your days! :)

------

Reactions: prayergal
Upvote 0

Ephesians4

Senior Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
www.prayerandsupport.com
Visit site
✟21,933.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One more bit to the prayer:

Father in Heaven, please also be with her and her family and smooth over any problems they are having. Soften all their hearts and overflow them with love. Help her financially as well. Help her to cast all her burdens on You. Please take them all from her so she can have some peace and relaxation. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

prayergal

Instrument of Peace
Sep 29, 2007
Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to concur with Ephesians up there. The first step to solving your difficulties is getting a solid relationship with God. It says in the word of God, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteuosness and all these things things shall be added to you." Basically what that means is that if we put God first then everything works better. It is easier. Which doesn't mean we don't have problems but the difficulties are handled by the Lord. We aren't doing it alone. This is the reason for your stress is you are trying to do everything in your own strength and that is way too heavy a load. It could be that God doesn't have some of those things for you. A chat with Him will reveal what to do. I'd recommend spending a whole lot more time asking Him what He would have you do. It is a joy to share your life with God. He has wonderful things in store for you.

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums