I need a distance learning bible college that is extremely affordable and accredited!

Accredited or Non-Accredited Bible College?

• Accredited!

• Non-Accredited!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 14, 2011
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First off let me describe my situation. I am thirty one years old and certainly tired of waiting to advance in my Christian faith. I need facts and I need them now! So please give me as much detailed information as you possibly can.

I just got married in July and my wife and I are staying with family in a rather large house. We do not have much as bills with no children but are hungry for the Lord. I have made plenty of money in the past and can do again in the future if I needed to; but that is not where the Lord will have me. That is just an empty road. I have learned that money doesn’t bring happiness nor does it keep out the rain. I am currently working part time making much less and she might be getting another second part time job to make ends meet and save some money.

What I am trying to say is that we are in the situation by choice entirely. We are trying to save are pennies; get our certifications; degrees and have time for ourselves while at the same time spend time with family. We are by no means hurting but also by no means well off. She already has a degree and is currently seeking a certification and I am going to a community college for business world and working part time.

What I need is a real and practical solution to a bible college that is accredited and realistic; and what I mean realistic is extremely affordable with a good reputation. I am looking for a college to where I can take classes at a reasonable rate or at my own pace. Take a few here and there part time or full time or maybe even just one at a time. As far as prices go anything close to 400 or even 200 is absolutely crazy per credit hour. I mean how in the world is someone suppose to be able to afford 1200.00 per class. I can be somewhat flexible on some of these things but I need a good balance of everything. I wouldn’t mind actual books too and not just CDs or mp3s. I think someone else mentioned that once before. Also someone else said you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Well it 2011 with technology today I would think you could have your cake and eat it too but I could be wrong. So if I am just hit it between my eyes and tell me my facts.

To sum it up I am just looking for a clean good bible college that is accredited with a good reputation so that when I am finished with all of my schooling in any capacity with my secular degree and my biblical degree I can go in any direction God has for me. I do not want to end up creek without a paddle because I made the wrong decision and cut corners. Money is a concern because if it is expensive I just can’t go. And where does that leave me?

Considerations from raw internet searching:

Accredited

Moody Bible Institute / Global University / South African Theological Seminary / Etc …

Non-Accredited

Andersonville Theological / Columbia Evangelical Seminary / Etc …

The above credited options are still between 150-200 per semester hour. So basically even the cheaper accredited colleges are going to cost me over 500.00 per class? Are you serious? How is anyone suppose to afford that? Or do I just have the all wrong?
The non-accredited schools seem to be my only financial solution needing any under 100.00 per credit hour. One just takes the chance that his Biblical Degree might not have as much spunk as his accredited counterpart.

I guess what I am thinking if I am looking at this for more of hobby reasons like casual discipleship for the Lord in my church and personal growth the non-accredited colleges would be a fine choice? Or would they? If I wanted to one day branch out and do something professional for the Lord I would need to go into debt and partake in a more expensive school? Is that what everyone is telling me?

Well anyhow thank you so much for taking the time in reading my thread. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated and well taken. So let’s blow up this thread and figure some things out.

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,949.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look into these if you are just wanted to expand your knowledge rather than get a degree for a job. I HAVE NOT checked these out at all. Be careful and check into them before you enroll or give them information first, but here are free Bible Colleges:

Google

This one says it offers 28 accredited course to transfer to a regular university later for 25 dollars each:

Online Bible College - Welcome to the treasury of god's word

Upvote 0

Marcus Constantine

Early Church Historian
Jun 25, 2010
✟15,430.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You often get what you pay for. I've been in higher education for a while now and have not been impressed with most unaccredited Bible "Colleges." Part of my job was to evaluate some of these. They really ran the spectrum from being degree mills (you pay a little money and write some papers and we'll give you a degree) to the opposite side which generally are unaccredited schools that have good faculty, good standards, and agreements with accredited institutions.

If you're looking into online options, I generally recommend Liberty University, Baptist Bible College, Piedmont Baptist College, or Tennessee Temple University. There are other options, but those are the ones that I think do a good job of training, are accredited, and aren't unreasonably priced. They also offer online coursework, which makes it doable from wherever you are. When you look at the tuition, remember that you're looking at the base price of attendance. A good college or university will also be able to see what grants, scholarships, and loans you're eligible for. Often schools that train folks for ministry will have special scholarships for those already in ministry or that have some affiliation with a church that financially supports the school. To find out this info just contact the school's financial aid folks. Also, I know others that have differing opinions, but part of my undergrad studies was done by loans. I loved it - it's a low interest rate, I didn't have to worry about working full-time during my undergrad, and it just overall produced much less stress. So that's a possibility too.

That's my two cents.

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2011
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.okbu.
- Accredited - To Expensive
onlinebiblecollege./site/
- Non-Accredited - Not Sure?
amesintl
- Non-Accredited - Not Sure?
internetbiblecollege
- Not Sure? - Not Sure?
theschoolofchrist
- Not Sure? - Not Sure?
nationsu.
- Non-Accredited - Affordable
.satsonline.
- Accredited - Possible
lhbionline.
- Accredited - Affordable
lru
.globaluniversity.
- Accredited - Affordable
sbc./colleges.
.scofield./Tuition
- Mill
.luonline
.lhbionline
midcontinent
.sebc
boycecollege
leeuniversity
Charis Bible College
- Not Sure? - Possible
Covenant Theological Seminary

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about these any ideas?

I think I am going to go with the most affordable accredited option for my future goals and dreams with the Lord!

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2011
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much for all of the kind replies. I really appreciate it. I am still on my journey; but believe I am going to go with the most affordable accredited option. Even if I just take a few classes here and there. One day I will have a fully respectable bible degree that I may use for the Lord in the future if needed. And if not I will have the knowledge for my own personal understanding and reasons .

That I may ultimately learn how to serve the Lord properly. For my own personal edification; and finally to learn how to serve others around me properly.

This way since I am going to do it. I mine as well have something to show for it when I’m done. Something inside still has a hint of maybe going with an extremely affordable and respectable non-accredited bible college for simply knowledge and personal hobby like reasons.

At the end of the day I will probably go with Affordable Accredited Option! Never know where the future may take me!

Best,
ChristianMaker

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2011
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing is in any particular order …

List Final: Bible Schools
columbiaseminary
- NA - Affordable - Good Reputation
amesintl
nationsu
inste
satsonline
- A - Affordable - Good Reputation
lhbionline
globaluniversity
sebts
- A - To Expensive - Good Reputation
sebc
boycecollege
valorcollege
covenantseminary
moody

Misc: Sites or Books

sbc.net/colleges
bakersguide
Walston’s Guide to Christian Distance Learning
Geteducated

My Picks: What I am leaning towards

satsonline
lhbionline
globaluniversity
moody

I am still reading “Walston’s Guide to Christian Distance Learning” so things might change; but I am pretty much set on these schools because they are affordable to our budget. All I want is a very affordable respectable degree and I believe these schools can provide that. Remember this is more hobby driven than Pastoral driven. I am still seeking a college degree at my local community college and will transferring to a university once I complete my associates. I just want to take a couple of Christian classes here and there along the way while I purse my secular degree. This is for my own personal edification and for me to prepare myself for the service of the Lord in the future for whatever that may bring. I really appreciate everyone’s comments and look forward to growing with everyone in the future. Also please don’t hesitate to add last minute comments. Thank you everyone and have a wonderful day!

And to everyone else that had concerns about my wife working too much. She is on a mission and is doing exactly what she wants to do. I told her not to take the second job but she insisted. Plus when I was making good money before I saved up some money. I also have extremely low interest loans that I can personally take out that are custom to me if needed. I am working part time and we are by no means struggling. As far as her family goes they asked us to move in. We had our own place but they are a little older in age and wanted some companionship. It was a win win for everyone. Not everyone fights with their family; some families love each other and look forward to spending time with each other. I’m sure our situation will change in the future but for right now this is where God wants everyone in our family to be. We just need to watch our pennies and make sure we do not get into a bad situation by being careless. However I do appreciate everyone’s concern. I can’t wait until I get my degree and can go into the work place once again as a paid professional and on my free time spread the word of God because I know how and I have the love in my heart.
God bless everyone!

Upvote 0

TangoSprite

Jun 3, 2013
Somewhere between hither and yon
✟498.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You've been looking for two years on quite a few Christian forums.
I need a distance learning bible college that is extremely affordable

Started by ChristianMaker , Dec 18 2011 12:02 PM

Always opt for an accredited school. It carries further to other educational pursuits and gives the most for your money and time spent.

I don't get why if you can make a lot of money you'd rather live without much and so that your wife has to get two jobs to make ends meet, while you live with parents.

Money does indeed keep the rain off. It allows you the blessing of exercising God's gifts for making the money you need to take care of the family you decide to create. God and Jesus are the creators of, the owners of, the entire universe and all that exists. Do you think living impoverished is what God requires so as to show him you love him?

Or do you think taking the gifts he's bestowed upon you and making the most money you can so you can pay it forward to charities, and helping the less fortunate and thereby being an answer to their prayer, would serve him better?

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sunsetonline.org

Bachelor's in Biblical Studies. Accredited. The whole program costs $5,400 and they have online scholarships. All of the textbooks are available on Kindle, which means an initial $150 investment but the textbooks would then cost only $5-10. Otherwise, used textbooks are about $80 each.

It is a Church of Christ school and comes from their theology but they will only dismiss for SEVERE doctrinal differences (like if you say the Qur'an and the Book of Mormon are equally valid as scripture.)

Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2013
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sunsetonline.org

Bachelor's in Biblical Studies. Accredited. The whole program costs $5,400 and they have online scholarships. All of the textbooks are available on Kindle, which means an initial $150 investment but the textbooks would then cost only $5-10. Otherwise, used textbooks are about $80 each.

It is a Church of Christ school and comes from their theology but they will only dismiss for SEVERE doctrinal differences (like if you say the Qur'an and the Book of Mormon are equally valid as scripture.)

Thanks, sounds good. I'm going to check the website out now.

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2011
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look into these if you are just wanted to expand your knowledge rather than get a degree for a job. I HAVE NOT checked these out at all. Be careful and check into them before you enroll or give them information first, but here are free Bible Colleges:

Google

This one says it offers 28 accredited course to transfer to a regular university later for 25 dollars each:

Online Bible College - Welcome to the treasury of god's word

You often get what you pay for. I've been in higher education for a while now and have not been impressed with most unaccredited Bible "Colleges." Part of my job was to evaluate some of these. They really ran the spectrum from being degree mills (you pay a little money and write some papers and we'll give you a degree) to the opposite side which generally are unaccredited schools that have good faculty, good standards, and agreements with accredited institutions.

If you're looking into online options, I generally recommend Liberty University, Baptist Bible College, Piedmont Baptist College, or Tennessee Temple University. There are other options, but those are the ones that I think do a good job of training, are accredited, and aren't unreasonably priced. They also offer online coursework, which makes it doable from wherever you are. When you look at the tuition, remember that you're looking at the base price of attendance. A good college or university will also be able to see what grants, scholarships, and loans you're eligible for. Often schools that train folks for ministry will have special scholarships for those already in ministry or that have some affiliation with a church that financially supports the school. To find out this info just contact the school's financial aid folks. Also, I know others that have differing opinions, but part of my undergrad studies was done by loans. I loved it - it's a low interest rate, I didn't have to worry about working full-time during my undergrad, and it just overall produced much less stress. So that's a possibility too.

That's my two cents.

So what did you choose??

I'm learning towards the Liberty Home Bible Institute for the diploma. I think it will help me better serve the Lord. I'd really like a Bachelors though.

You've been looking for two years on quite a few Christian forums.
I need a distance learning bible college that is extremely affordable

Started by ChristianMaker , Dec 18 2011 12:02 PM

Always opt for an accredited school. It carries further to other educational pursuits and gives the most for your money and time spent.

I don't get why if you can make a lot of money you'd rather live without much and so that your wife has to get two jobs to make ends meet, while you live with parents.

Money does indeed keep the rain off. It allows you the blessing of exercising God's gifts for making the money you need to take care of the family you decide to create. God and Jesus are the creators of, the owners of, the entire universe and all that exists. Do you think living impoverished is what God requires so as to show him you love him?

Or do you think taking the gifts he's bestowed upon you and making the most money you can so you can pay it forward to charities, and helping the less fortunate and thereby being an answer to their prayer, would serve him better?

Sunsetonline.org

Thanks, sounds good. I'm going to check the website out now.

what about evangel in springfield mo

Hello everyone! I am back.

I still have not made a decision. However, I am ready to pull the trigger on something ASAP.

Since I created this thread I have learned a lot and have been blessed a lot.

I have started a community group in my local church, got a fabulous job and have been saving money, and have a baby on the way.

I am no longer trying to ever keep up with the Jones's or try to get the best of the best. I 100% just want a solid distance learning online program that is NOT accredited. I just care about reputation and honor. That if I graduate from their program that it will be respected and people will know that I received a good education.

I have already completed my BA with a 4.0, I am looking for a Master Degree.

I would go to Moody in a heart beat by here is no way I am paying 400.00 per credit hour for about 1200.00 per class. Not in this world.

So if you guys don't mind, I am looking for something extremely affordable because I am doing this just because I feel it is on my heart from God. I am looking at it like advance bible study with a certificate on the side after completing. Don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for that.

Please let me know what everyone thinks. It would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone! I am back.

I still have not made a decision. However, I am ready to pull the trigger on something ASAP.

Since I created this thread I have learned a lot and have been blessed a lot.

I have started a community group in my local church, got a fabulous job and have been saving money, and have a baby on the way.

I am no longer trying to ever keep up with the Jones's or try to get the best of the best. I 100% just want a solid distance learning online program that is NOT accredited. I just care about reputation and honor. That if I graduate from their program that it will be respected and people will know that I received a good education.

I have already completed my BA with a 4.0, I am looking for a Master Degree.

I would go to Moody in a heart beat by here is no way I am paying 400.00 per credit hour for about 1200.00 per class. Not in this world.

So if you guys don't mind, I am looking for something extremely affordable because I am doing this just because I feel it is on my heart from God. I am looking at it like advance bible study with a certificate on the side after completing. Don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for that.

Please let me know what everyone thinks. It would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure if you are affiliated with a particular denomination or not, but if so, I would look into what they offer. For instance, when I became a licensed minister, I was given access to a site with a whole host of programs I could take for very low cost. Also, my denomination has a bible college in my province that is very cheap when compared to other institutions, and it is recognized by the organization I am apart of. I would encourage you to see if this is an option within your denomination :) Another option is applying to a secular school to complete the type of courses you want. I also completed my B.A. with a 4.0 GPA, and I am actually getting paid to go to school this Fall because I received a major scholarship to do my Masters degree, so it is a good deal! Many options available :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 14, 2011
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if you are affiliated with a particular denomination or not, but if so, I would look into what they offer. For instance, when I became a licensed minister, I was given access to a site with a whole host of programs I could take for very low cost. Also, my denomination has a bible college in my province that is very cheap when compared to other institutions, and it is recognized by the organization I am apart of. I would encourage you to see if this is an option within your denomination :) Another option is applying to a secular school to complete the type of courses you want. I also completed my B.A. with a 4.0 GPA, and I am actually getting paid to go to school this Fall because I received a major scholarship to do my Masters degree, so it is a good deal! Many options available :)

I completed my Degree with a 4.0, how do I get a scholarship for my Masters? That is a great idea!

What bible college do you go to?

That is what I am more leaning towards. Something a lot more affordable but respectable. I am more or less looking for something that is like an advance bible study for myself but I get a certificate at the end. However, I do not want to attend a Diploma Mill either.

Anyone else have any new schools that are affordable and yet respectable? Does not necessarily need to be accredited. Just at least have a good reputation of producing good Christian Students with sound doctrine.

Upvote 0

Tsquared

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟86,933.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I completed my Degree with a 4.0, how do I get a scholarship for my Masters? That is a great idea!

What bible college do you go to?

That is what I am more leaning towards. Something a lot more affordable but respectable. I am more or less looking for something that is like an advance bible study for myself but I get a certificate at the end. However, I do not want to attend a Diploma Mill either.

Anyone else have any new schools that are affordable and yet respectable? Does not necessarily need to be accredited. Just at least have a good reputation of producing good Christian Students with sound doctrine.
I am Canadian, so I went to a small christian university in my province (which was fully accredited by the government). When I applied to my Masters program (which I am doing in psychology) I simply checked off a box that said I would like to be considered for funding. The university then contacted my academic references I had listed and looked at my transcript to see if I should be given a scholarship, and they decided I should! :) Also, I'm not sure if you are Canadian or USA (or other), but there are many federal programs that can help to pay for your education for free (via grants). With a GPA that high, I wouldn't doubt you could get a scholarship from a respectable university, it's worth a try either way! So there are a few options, I hope that helps. :)

Upvote 0