Bonnie77

Feb 3, 2013
California
✟8,266.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life. This spring I took a huge risk and accepted a new job. My job took me 2000 miles across the country. But this turned out to be a mistake. Shortly after I started working, my current boss saw my potential and stole me away to be his admin assistant. But I'm his eighth assistant in seven years. He is extremely rude and difficult to work for. He often has me do his "dirty work" and other unethical tasks. As a Christian it really bothers me because I know that I'm either wronging my co-workers or doing things against policy at his order.

I hate to admit it, but I recently had my heart broken. It's for the best because I shouldn't have dated this person anyways. I'm not trying to live my life like that (homosexuality). But it's tough for me to be around her. I try to be happy for her but the green-eyed monster in me comes out. I should be happy and also relieved she found a nice woman but I'm not. We're all friends from church. And these people are the only friends I have in this city. I don't want to ruin the group dynamic and make things awkward. For the sake of the group I feel like I need to go away.

My internship supervisor from college told me to stay at a job at least two years so I look committed to my work. My last job I stayed 3.5 years. For my current job, by the time I have something else lined up I'll probably have been here under a year and a half. And this is only my second job out of college (I'm 27). I feel like I need a fresh start. I want to get away from the stress of working for a tyrant and morally bankrupt boss. I also want to get away from this heartbreak. It's a distraction and what I really need is a nice Christian man.

Do you have any advice for me? I don't feel like I can talk to my friend/associate pastor at my church because it's an inappropriate same-sex attraction over a mutual friend. And I don't talk to my family about things like that. And I don't know if I'm making a career mistake by leaving so soon. But the way things are going now I dread going to work. I also feel bad about my behavior because I am directed to do things I know are wrong.

Thanks for your help and advice.