• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I messed up

Hermit7

Jun 12, 2011
NJ
✟7,822.00
Faith
Christian
Greetings,

I stumbled into sin and because of it, I'm now afraid to write things (besides this forum and email).

I sinned in inappropriate contentography. And while I was engaging, I'm afraid that I either gave away my salvation or I proved that I might not be saved to begin with, if I wrote anything.

I confessed my sin to God and asked for His forgiveness.

I've accepted Christ as Saviour and I believe He died for my sins.

But I just afraid.

ObeyGODCommandments

STICK WITH A BIBLE! FOLLOW CHRIST! STOP SINNING!
Jun 24, 2012
✟7,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greetings,

I stumbled into sin and because of it, I'm now afraid to write things (besides this forum and email).

I sinned in inappropriate contentography. And while I was engaging, I'm afraid that I either gave away my salvation or I proved that I might not be saved to begin with, if I wrote anything.

But I just afraid.

Please stay away from perversion. You know the commandments right? Do I have to point them out to you? Maybe I should.

HERE ARE A FEW VERSES THAT YOU MUST KEEP:
1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

Colossians 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

================================================================================

Remember, just because you are cleanse from your sins through repentance doesn't mean that you are saved yet. The one who endures to the end will be saved (Matthew 24:13). It's not the end yet. So be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be a person of courage; be strong (1 Corinthians 16:13).

STOP SINNING. THIS IS MY WARNING TO YOU. YOU CAN OVERCOME.

HERE'S A WARNING VERSE FOR YOU. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU STAND FIRM IN THE FAITH.
> 1 Corinthians 10:1-13 <
Read the whole verse.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

God will help you overcome, that's why he has the comforter for a reason (a.k.a. the Holy Spirit).

You need to learn how to suppress/repress those unwanted thoughts and feelings by meditating/relaxing the mind. Than you will be able to overcome your sins by not acting out on your urges.

"Pray that you will not fall into temptation." (Luke 22:40)

This is how you should pray: &#8216;Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
Amen.&#8217; (Matthew 6:10-13)

HERE ARE THE LAST FEW VERSES FOR YOU:

Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly/sisterly kindness; and to brotherly/sisterly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, it will show that your knowledge about our Lord Jesus Christ is living and productive. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his/her past sins. (2 Peter 1:5-9)

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised (Hebrews 10:35).

We are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved (Hebrews 10:39).

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Greetings,

But I just afraid.

God forgives any sin when one asks him to. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Upvote 0

ObeyGODCommandments

Jun 24, 2012
✟7,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Essentially, because I stumbled into sin, that means I can't write anything other than forum or email stuff or else I'm doomed.

Its part of my "condition".

You need to overcome your doubts, because right now, I see that you are self-doubting yourself and self-condemning yourself which you will never get anywhere if you are going to keep self-doubting yourself/self-condemning yourself.

You need to believe in yourself and you need to believe that God will forgive you. That is what faith is all about. You have to be
assure and confident in yourself that you can overcome your sins and that you can make it to the finish line. Please have faith because right now you are sounding like someone who has lost their faith.

Put your trust in God okay. I know It's not going to be easy at first, but If you do your best to stop sinning, you can overcome just like I have.
You must seek things of the spirit and be lead by the spirit, not by the flesh. You must endure and persevere to the very end to be saved.

Like Jesus stated, you must produce good fruit. Any tree that bears bad fruit will be chopped down and burned.

Obey and keep God's commandments.

================================================================================

FROM THE BOOK OF 1 JOHN:
1 John 3:21-24 "Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you been talking to a therapist about this? I understand the anxiety you feel, and I feel sad that there's not a lot we can do to help you over the internet.

If it helps at all, please know that it is absolutely okay to write. Nothing bad is going to happen if you write. You are not going to lose your salvation.

Upvote 0

ObeyGODCommandments

Jun 24, 2012
✟7,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She does not need to seek a therapist about this, all she needs to seek is God.

What is a therapist going to do for her? All they going to do is give her pills to take in which God can heal her without pills. Also, what do a therapist know about spiritual stuffs of God anyways?

Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She does not need to seek a therapist about this, all she needs to seek is God.

What is a therapist going to do for her? All they going to do is give her pills to take in which God can heal her without pills. Also, what do a therapist know about spiritual stuffs of God anyways?

First of all, I'm fairly sure the Hermit7 is a 'he,' given the male icon.

Read the subforum that you're in.

If simply realising that you're in the "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" subforum doesn't help you understand, let me spell it out for you: Hermit7 has OCD. He has stumbled into sin that involves written word, and as a result, because of his condition, he feels that writing will make him lose his salvation. This is a mental health issue.

Upvote 0

ObeyGODCommandments

Jun 24, 2012
✟7,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First of all, I'm fairly sure the Hermit7 is a 'he,' given the male icon.

Read the subforum that you're in.

If simply realising that you're in the "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" subforum doesn't help you understand, let me spell it out for you: Hermit7 has OCD. He has stumbled into sin that involves written word, and as a result, because of his condition, he feels that writing will make him lose his salvation. This is a mental health issue.

My bad, I did not see that she was a he. I don't care what sub-forum I am in. I don't even pay attention to little things like that because my interest is not just to chit chat and conversate on forums, but to help people and encourage people who asks for it, that is why I am on here to begin with. She's in desperate need for someone like myself to help her since I am a Christian and he is a Christian. He needs spiritual wisdom which I can provide him spiritual knowledge. I am well trained in that area.

Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad that you're so willing to help, and feel so able. But I feel it's important to understand the context of the situation. This is not someone who is simply struggling with feeling guilty after having sinned, this is someone who is suffering from a mental illness and is dealing with the effects of that. That makes it a completely different issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ObeyGODCommandments

Jun 24, 2012
✟7,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad that you're so willing to help, and feel so able. But I feel it's important to understand the context of the situation. This is not someone who is simply struggling with feeling guilty after having sinned, this is someone who is suffering from a mental illness and is dealing with the effects of that. That makes it a completely different issue.

Well I use to suffer the same effect as him in the past, but look at me now, I no longer struggle because I told myself that I can overcome, and that is what I did. He needs to possess that same attitude too. By doing so, he needs to trust in God and trust in himself. That is what faith is all about. That is what I want him to do as a Christian. I see that you are also a Christian, so I'm hoping you might agree to my saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You suffered from OCD? You know, sharing your journey can often be a lot more powerful than simply telling someone "You need to do this." Hearing the journeys of others helps people to feel encouraged that they are not alone, and that there is hope for them :)

Upvote 0

ObeyGODCommandments

Jun 24, 2012
✟7,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You suffered from OCD? You know, sharing your journey can often be a lot more powerful than simply telling someone "You need to do this." Hearing the journeys of others helps people to feel encouraged that they are not alone, and that there is hope for them :)

I not to fond on the whole wording of OCD, but I did suffer from anxiety and fear where I constantly had to resist unwanted thoughts and so on. It lasted about 4 months last year all because I have stumble and fall. I can relate to Hermit7 because I've been there myself. What made me change my life around was the bible. I left behind all the false teachings that I thought were true and have put my full trust in the bible, and that is why today I am a firm believer. My faith is what got me to overcome.

I stop doubting on myself and I told myself that I won't give up. Being a Christian is all about pleasing God. We have to die to our flesh everyday, that is why Christ said pick up your cross and follow me.
We must give up our fleshly desires, we just got to.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiyoNqoba
Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I not to fond on the whole wording of OCD, but I did suffer from anxiety and fear where I constantly had to resist unwanted thoughts and so on. It lasted about 4 months last year all because I have stumble and fall. I can relate to Hermit7 because I've been there myself. What made me change my life around was the bible. I left behind all the false teachings that I thought were true and have put my full trust in the bible, and that is why today I am a firm believer. My faith is what got me to overcome.

I stop doubting on myself and I told myself that I won't give up. Being a Christian is all about pleasing God. We have to die to our flesh everyday, that is why Christ said pick up your cross and follow me.
We must give up our fleshly desires, we just got to.

:amen:

Awesome stuff.

Upvote 0