I mentioned this on this forum recently: Sexuality and the church.

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most congregations are having this thrust upon them by the culture and would of themselves not make it a priority at all. My parish prepared for the 'Transgender Day of Rage' with a new door locking system, new video surveillance cameras, active protester training for ushers, active shooter training for ushers, a parking lot patrol, and police also making sweeps of the parking lot. None of this was desired and we would have been happy not to do any of it. But in consultation with the local police we did it. We didn't want the issue. But the vandalism around the country at different churches indicated it was a real problem. It will likely always be so from here on out. Not a problem we were the drivers of.

For that matter the Church didn't change but the society and culture did. Some people will say it's time for the churches to get with societal change. And some churches will go right along. But is that right? Or should the churches look to hold to old truths even when they become unpopular? Is that getting 'our priorities wrong'?

There's a Transgender Day of Rage? Seriously? I mean, I'm not being skeptical of it, I'm just asking because it's difficult to keep abreast of all of the various activities that this group or that one decides to take up and implement for social causes.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the scariest part to me is that it seems to be a pretty broad phenomenon across lots of denominations.

That's probably because the general population is becoming more socially and sexually discombobulated, and so, this further fragmentation will evidence itself within the churches more as we go ...

Here's the antidote to your concern, I think: Just pretend that we're living in 1st century Corinth and we, as Christians have to somehow get by and try to remain faithful to the Lord, and also maintain love and a good disposition toward our neighbors, all at the same time.

I think we can do it, Jesse!

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There's a Transgender Day of Rage? Seriously? I mean, I'm not being skeptical of it, I'm just asking because it's difficult to keep abreast of all of the various activities that this group or that one decides to take up and implement for social causes.
AKA Transgender Day of Vengeance. March 31st in most places. April 1st in others.

• Informative
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

la Son

Nov 9, 2023
Dennison
✟907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Celibate
Read this article.

Some time ago, I believe I made some comments on a post or more from a thread by @Michie about how sexuality is going to be the next great split in the church.

It seems I am not alone in this thinking as I just came across this article.

[URL unfurl="

Upvote 0

Ephesians321

Oct 24, 2023
Riverside
✟5,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The church definitely needs to distance itself from pro LGBTQ+ umbrella of politics and agendas but the church should keep its doors open to sinners of course. These sins are being normalized and made acceptable by that movement. If there are repentant homosexuals attending church and they are experiencing genuine convicting power of the Holy Spirit and transforming them into a child of God. But God calls us to live holy lives by his Spirit living in our hearts. Be fearful that they may be hosting the wrong spirit and God does not give them up to their sin.

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
Philippians 2:12

1 Corinthians 6 and Revelation 22:14-15 is quite explicit these normalized sins present an issue regarding one's individual salvation.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0