• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I lost my daughter

rachelrhin0

Sep 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
✟15,111.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums. My name is Rachel. Last year I got pregnant for the 1st time and delivered my daughter 12 weeks too soon. She lived a tough life in the NICU for 4 long months before passing away. We never got to bring her home. She passed on 3/9/08. Two weeks later my lil brother was in a terrible car wreck and was in the hospital for 2.5 months suffering from a severe traumatic brain injury. During his hospital stay I find myself pregnant again. I loved and still love my daughter dearly. I cry from time to time but nothing like I expected I would. I miss her but know she's in a better place. I feel like I've missed the greiving stage of this pocess some how wether it be from attening so closely to my brother shortly after her passing or becoming pregnant so soon after. But now I find myself angry all the time. Not at her death but at any little thing. I find that I have a poor attitude towards a lot of things now. Rya and I are now having more problems than ever. We decided today to see a counselor. I'm hoping that we can work through some things. Has anyone here lost a child. Or even if you haven't lost a child, do you have any advice for me? Thanks in advanced!

Rachel

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh Rachel, I am so sorry. (((hug)))

I have lost two children to miscarriage. I know that's not quite the same as carrying a baby to term and then losing your little one. How your heart must grieve.

I just want to say to you, to confirm something you said--your little girl is alright. She is growing up in heaven with Jesus. Someday you will see her again.

Grief is a strange thing. We can put off grieving as you may have done. But sooner or later it makes itself known, and it has to be dealt with.

It may help you to know that there are stages of grief. One of them is anger. This is not uncommon when going through the grieving process.

Realize that these stages do not last forever, you do eventually move on. But while you are grieving, yes, you can have unexplained outbursts.

I am praying for you. :hug:

Upvote 0

NostalgicGranny

Senior Veteran
Sep 2, 2007
Texas
✟25,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for you too.

Grief is strange and you may not grieve for any two people the same. It doesn't mean that you loved one less than the other. Just that at that point in your life you are grieving in the way that you need to. So please give yourself a break. It is ok to grieve in what ever way you are comfortable with, so long as it isn't destructive to you.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,171.44
Faith
Messianic
God has blessed you with another one... to replace what you have lost because he knows how much you are hurting. Cry for the loss and laugh for the gain... Know you are blessed and God loves you... Take care of the man of yours for he is hurting too. Comfort one another for it is right and will help you both to heal.

Upvote 0
K

kaykay9.0

Also praying for you. I'm glad you and your husband decided to see a counselor. I think most people who have lost a child could benefit from that even if you don't recognize it at first. Yes, I have a lost a child. My 16 year old son, who was our only child, was killed 7 years ago in a car accident. Since then, I have written a grief recovery type book for bereaved parents. If you would like a copy, just pm me an address where I could send you copy and I would be happy to do so. Hopefully, it might minister to you in some small way.:hug::prayer:

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry for your loss.

Grief will find it's way out, but not always in a form we are expecting or at a time we expect. I think you are very wise to seek counseling.

My mother died almost 5 years ago, but only recently, when my dad moved, did I go through all of her stuff and I have been surprised to find myself grieving her loss in a way I didn't when she died.

Upvote 0

nateboy

Aug 13, 2006
Washington
✟7,949.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
PLease please please EVERYONE pray for Rachel and her family. I am on another forum with her and didn't know she had posted on this one.
Last week, she gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Hannah - born at 32 weeks. He precious little girl didn't make it. Her two angel babies are the most beautiful I have ever seen and their stories have touched so many lives. My heart breaks for this wonderful family like no other.

She has been through so much and needs all the prayers we can give her right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fairygailie

Jan 2, 2009
✟7,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
do still post here rachel? i lost a stillborn baby many years ago and know ALOT about grief. i was a facilitator for many years after that. also lost my mom a year ago new years eve. my dad too. he died while i was pregnant again during my 8th month.

so yea....if i can help...let me know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Just Believe

Jul 25, 2009
Sacramento, California
✟15,159.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I went to a Christian based greif counselor in 2007 for 3 months and she let me know that everyone goes through different stages of greif at different times.

It's ok to bounce around from feeling angry, to being in denial, and then jump back to anger. It's a process that sometimes takes a lifetime.

I don't think you've missed out on any steps of the greiving process. You're exactly where you need to be.

Upvote 0