I know all the answers; Everyone else is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normann

Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, Texas USA
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Run as fast as you can from anyone that gives this impression. First they have "eye" trouble and are like the Pharisees. Then also they are a danger because of thier own pride and conceit. I've been in the ministry for 50 years and I consider my self still in about the second grade!

My biggest problem is when some try to explain away the plain language of God's Word. This is not a Salvation System designed for only the Intellectual. It is for "WHOSOEVER WILL" because "GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD" and offers this plan of salvation even to those who cannot read and write.

In all the years of my ministry, I've met dozens of people who thought they knew all the answers. I listened to them and watched than as they faded into the shadows of time not to be seen again. On the other hand there are many with a teachable spirit and I watch them grow in the Lord until they too become teachers of the Gospel.

Never trust any man with your soul; including me! Always compare their words with the Scriptures. The Bible is the only book qualified to explain itself.

I am a stubborn, hard-headed, non-cooperative fellow to this end...
"IF IT'S NOT IN THE BIBLE I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT"
We're talking about the eternal state of our being and no man on earth is qualified to redeem me, only His Word will do.

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Normann said:

Run as fast as you can from anyone that gives this impression. First they have "eye" trouble and are like the Pharisees. Then also they are a danger because of thier own pride and conceit. I've been in the ministry for 50 years and I consider my self still in about the second grade!

My biggest problem is when some try to explain away the plain language of God's Word. This is not a Salvation System designed for only the Intellectual. It is for "WHOSOEVER WILL" because "GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD" and offers this plan of salvation even to those who cannot read and write.

In all the years of my ministry, I've met dozens of people who thought they knew all the answers. I listened to them and watched than as they faded into the shadows of time not to be seen again. On the other hand there are many with a teachable spirit and I watch them grow in the Lord until they too become teachers of the Gospel.

Never trust any man with your soul; including me! Always compare their words with the Scriptures. The Bible is the only book qualified to explain itself.

We're talking about the eternal state of our being and no man on earth is qualified to redeem me, only His Word will do.
Not to sound trite or infantile, but what is the point of this? Is there a question or something you want to discuss? Not sure why you've started this thread.

Upvote 0

Normann

Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, Texas USA
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scott_LaFrance said:
Not to sound trite or infantile, but what is the point of this? Is there a question or something you want to discuss? Not sure why you've started this thread.

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the post. The point is clear; the Bible is the "official voice" when it comes to God's Word.

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Anyone or anything that puts the Bible as second or in question is false.

Thanks again,

Normann

Upvote 0

jbarcher

ANE Social Science Researcher
Aug 25, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
✟10,136.00
Faith
Christian
Okay, I'll be a little more helpful now. :)

Normann said:

The problem with the method of what you say is that what you condemn cannot be done so in that explicit manner.

It can only be done indirectly and avoid refuting itself at the same time.

And er, I fear your views on interpreting the Bible suffer greatly from being totally informed about the socio-historical context of these ancient texts. Saying that the Bible is written in "plain language" is extraordinarily difficult to maintain; unless of course you are willing to demonstrate how plain this is by accurately answering the numerous theological questions there are.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Normann said:

That's O.K..... Thomas had problems too.

Christ is Risen!

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

unimportantbuthisnameis

Philippians 2:8-10
Oct 27, 2004
North Carolina
Visit site
✟16,997.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Normann said:

An excellent reminder for all of us, but especially for those of us going into the ministry.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Normann said:
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the post. The point is clear; the Bible is the "official voice" when it comes to God's Word.

Okay. Is the "official voice" spearheading your Bible studies or do you consider the insight of those more learned than you? This trend to assume that true faith is somehow divorced from rational thought is disturbing to say the least.

Anyone or anything that puts the Bible as second or in question is false.

I agree that the Bible is God's only authoritative revelation but it doesn't come with a God authored concordance and verse explanation, certainly not in "plain language." I also agree that there are certain truths that are revealed in the Gospel that should be obvious to any who spend any time studying it. It is not, however, a simple book to comprehend. One of the most disturbing things I see on this MB, and in the Christian community as a whole, are the lengthy commentaries on deep theological issues by people who have been Christians for 8 minutes (exaggerated to make a point) or the 13 year old armchair theologians whose biblical comprehension is the result of nothing more than what their Pastor told them. These two groups of people seem, to me, to be the most likely to state biblical truths in a way that denies the possibility of challange.

No Normann, a proper understanding and appreciation of the Gospel requires substantial study, consideration, and prayer and a heaping dose of God's enlightening grace. The answer is not that we should just take the Bible at face value and in the plainest sense possible. The answer is that we deal with it, at least initially, according to the rules that we use to understand any work of literature, i.e., who is writing it, when it is being written, to whom is the author speaking, etc.

Rationalism and intellectualism have their place in a proper and serious study of the Gospel. We should just understand that the views with which we start are just as important as those we use to get where we're going.

God bless

Reactions: jbarcher
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Normann

Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, Texas USA
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
unimportantbuthisnameis said:
An excellent reminder for all of us, but especially for those of us going into the ministry.

Thank you,
What is your name now? :)

I'm glad you see this.

I remember me, (Normann) when I first went into the ministry, and at first humble, then later some pride slipped in, then God had to bring me down again.

May the Lord bless your ministry.

Thanks again,

Normann

Upvote 0

unimportantbuthisnameis

Philippians 2:8-10
Oct 27, 2004
North Carolina
Visit site
✟16,997.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Normann said:
Thank you,
What is your name now? :)

I'm glad you see this.

I remember me, (Normann) when I first went into the ministry, and at first humble, then later some pride slipped in, then God had to bring me down again.

May the Lord bless your ministry.

Thanks again,

Normann

My name is unimportant, but the name of the One I serve is exalted above all others:D . I can truly see hoe easy pride can creep into a ministry as it does even for many of us (myself included at times) in seminary.

Upvote 0

Normann

Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, Texas USA
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
unimportantbuthisnameis said:
My name is unimportant, but the name of the One I serve is exalted above all others:D . I can truly see hoe easy pride can creep into a ministry as it does even for many of us (myself included at times) in seminary.

I was just kidding about your name, my name is un-important also. Christ Jesus is the Name to remember and I am happy to meet another brother in our Lord. Again thanks for the post and if we never meet in this life, I will see you on the other side.

In Christ,

Normann

Upvote 0

Idaho Becca

Apr 17, 2005
Idaho
Visit site
✟213.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican

GOOD FOR YOU Normann. It takes a willing spirit, the Holy Spirit and the Will of the LORD GOD to understand the Bible. All scripture is given by the inspiration of the LORD GOD. If it isn’t in the Bible it comes from man.

(John 7:38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(2 Timothy 3:15-17) 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
But the bible has no record of Jesus' life from infancy to the beginning of His ministry, with the brief episode when he went to the temple as a boy. Does that mean Jesus didn't exist during that time? Was He in stasis, sorta just hybernating until he appears to Andrew and Peter in Capernum?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Normann

Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, Texas USA
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Idaho Becca said:
GOOD FOR YOU Normann. It takes a willing spirit, the Holy Spirit and the Will of the LORD GOD to understand the Bible. All scripture is given by the inspiration of the LORD GOD. If it isn’t in the Bible it comes from man.

Thanks Becca, and I agree. It amazes me as to how many people think the Bible is a mystery, written in codes and puzzles. In fact it is man that makes the Bible seem to be a difficult book. The Bible is a LOVE LETTER FROM GOD. He wants us to understand it, it was written by men as the Holy Spirit gave them Inspiration.

Thank you for the scripture and your very wise statement; IF IT ISN'T IN THE BIBLE IT COMES FROM MAN!

In Christ.
Normann

Upvote 0

Catholicism

Veteran
May 2, 2005
✟2,027.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Normann said:

What exactly is the purpose of this topic?

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Normann said:

Run as fast as you can from anyone that gives this impression.

Sound advice indeed my brother. I can think of a few religions that take the stance that "we're right and you're wrong". Of course their pride and arrogance leave them open to many errors.

May Go be praised :bow:that even a simple child can understand the Gospel.

Very true-we are to trust in Jesus Christ alone!

Diane
:wave:

Upvote 0

Normann

Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, Texas USA
✟9,022.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scott_LaFrance said:
But the bible has no record of Jesus' life from infancy to the beginning of His ministry, with the brief episode when he went to the temple as a boy. Does that mean Jesus didn't exist during that time? Was He in stasis, sorta just hybernating until he appears to Andrew and Peter in Capernum?

Hi again Scott, I have a Bible answer for you.

Deut. 29:29
The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

IN THE MASTER'S SERVICE,
Normann

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.