• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I have to go to hospital for oral examination

Feb 28, 2010
Australia
✟15,133.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 35 years old and very worried I might have cancer. I'm going to the hospital dental clinic at 7a.m on Monday morning to see triage. I have a three small lumps in my mouth. One about one mm in diameter on my top gum; one that feels hard but is like a pin prick size on the inside of my cheek, and a suspicious lump under my tongue. I can't tell if it is a blocked salivary duct or a tumor. The nurse on the phone told me this is an "emergency" and I have to go to hospital 7a.m Monday. A humerous side note is they won't clean my teeth while I'm there, oh no, I have to go on a two month wait list for that. lol.
Anyway now my cancer phobia is worse than ever. I thank Jesus my cravings for a cigarette are near zero or I'd light up from worry (I haven't touched a cigarette for two days and had drastically cut back before that).
I talked to dad who said he had a lump cut out of his mouth years ago but it turned out to be non cancerous. The difference is I have smoked.
I have already decided I don't want anything other than minor surgery and at worst chemotherapy. I'm not a fan of radiation.
I guess that because it's in my head I'm fearful of invasive surgery that may lead to complications like speech defects, facial paralysis or disfigurment.
Please pray I don't have cancer.
Thank you

Feb 28, 2010
Australia
✟15,133.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I'm going to have the right side of my throat examined too because I can't tell if I've a slight sore on the right side of my throat or if I've a got touch of tonsilitis.
I've decided that whatever the outcome then at least all will be revealed. If I have cancer I pray it's in the early stages and will respond well to treatment.

I'll post an update on Monday when I'm home from the hospital, if they don't admit me.:pray:

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God was gracious because the dentist can see nothing wrong with my mouth. He's referred me to an oral pathologist but thinks my lumps and bumps are normal.

Thank you Jesus!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0