I have openly confessed, that I gave my heart to Satan - but now realize he doesn't care

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So something that has vexed me for an enormous amount of time, is that while sleeping on a bean bag listening to heavy metal, I awoke and uttered the words "Satan take my heart". I had no context for saying this thing, and had already previously confessed sin to God, at a Church in the inner city area (where I lived). It felt like a betrayal, as I said it and I begun to doubt myself very heavily.

What I have learned in the meantime, is that as much as I feel like saying this thing, had some importance, the truth is: I don't think for even a minute that he cared what I had said. This left me with a power vacuum, that was very hard manage. I would try all sorts of ways to reinterpret it and they would seem to make sense - "I didn't mean it" "I didn't justify it" "I didn't verify it" - but then doubt would creep back in again and I would be lost where I was again.

The truth that has started to dawn on me now, is that I may never escape the grip of those words but for my testimony. Jesus said "we will be judged even for our idle words" - I tell you that that is never more true, than when you are wrestling with the Devil, as to who is more in the truth (who is more secure in the truth). There is a lesson in this and I am happy to suffer for my brother's sake, that they see the damage their words can do, especially in this excess of what it is to trust what you live for Hell, God, Sin, Devil. It basically boils down to a twisted sense of humour, in a snare of godless entertainment.

So, just be warned. I need prayer. Maybe not all prayer, but specifically that prayer that my heart not lead me astray. I can cope in Christ - I hope this message gets to you. Don't play with the world, don't be enticed by its power. We are to encourage one another and I know I can trust you to take this message seriously. In the end, being able to depend on the faith, will deliver me - though I carry these chains in the meantime, as a reminder that God's power to come, is far greater, than anything that could snare me in this world.

God bless. Enjoy music. Redeem the time (for the days are evil).

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I pray for you for protection from the evil one.
I pray for you to know God's presence and the Father's will for your life and his peace in Jesus precious name.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

ChildofGod222

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2017
M.A.
✟520,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I awoke and uttered the words "Satan take my heart"
I used to speak words that would be offensive to God and those around me, but then I started asking the Holy Spirit to control my tongue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,089,099.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That is interesting, and not surprising, that the experience came when you were listening to heavy metal music. So I would say that to enjoy music should be qualified with the determination to enjoy the right kind of music, and shun wrong kind of music.

It’s not just words from our mouths that have power, but the words we listen to.

I do not feel that the Lord wants you to carry around a burden. Messiah is our burden bearer. We are to cast our cares on him. I pray you will do that.

Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi there,

So something that has vexed me for an enormous amount of time, is that while sleeping on a bean bag listening to heavy metal, I awoke and uttered the words "Satan take my heart". I had no context for saying this thing, and had already previously confessed sin to God, at a Church in the inner city area (where I lived). It felt like a betrayal, as I said it and I begun to doubt myself very heavily.

What I have learned in the meantime, is that as much as I feel like saying this thing, had some importance, the truth is: I don't think for even a minute that he cared what I had said. This left me with a power vacuum, that was very hard manage. I would try all sorts of ways to reinterpret it and they would seem to make sense - "I didn't mean it" "I didn't justify it" "I didn't verify it" - but then doubt would creep back in again and I would be lost where I was again.

The truth that has started to dawn on me now, is that I may never escape the grip of those words but for my testimony. Jesus said "we will be judged even for our idle words" - I tell you that that is never more true, than when you are wrestling with the Devil, as to who is more in the truth (who is more secure in the truth). There is a lesson in this and I am happy to suffer for my brother's sake, that they see the damage their words can do, especially in this excess of what it is to trust what you live for Hell, God, Sin, Devil. It basically boils down to a twisted sense of humour, in a snare of godless entertainment.

So, just be warned. I need prayer. Maybe not all prayer, but specifically that prayer that my heart not lead me astray. I can cope in Christ - I hope this message gets to you. Don't play with the world, don't be enticed by its power. We are to encourage one another and I know I can trust you to take this message seriously. In the end, being able to depend on the faith, will deliver me - though I carry these chains in the meantime, as a reminder that God's power to come, is far greater, than anything that could snare me in this world.

God bless. Enjoy music. Redeem the time (for the days are evil).
Just reading this made me sick to my stomach. Why would you want us to read those words that YOU said in our heads? That is not right. Why would you think he would care? He despises you and me and every human being for that matter. What can he do for you but burn your soul for eternity with pleasure. Why would you want that?

Upvote 0