• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I have never had voices or sensory hallucinations

Trev T

Mar 20, 2021
Saskatchewan
✟9,663.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and now my nurse is telling me, even as i know it's malpractice, that every case is different. Shouldn't something happen? lol. I had 11 years destroyed by one appointment with a terrible doctor. The Prozac on a healthy brain caused my brain to just stop functioning in society.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jake Arsenal

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
and now my nurse is telling me, even as i know it's malpractice, that every case is different. Shouldn't something happen? lol. I had 11 years destroyed by one appointment with a terrible doctor. The Prozac on a healthy brain caused my brain to just stop functioning in society.

Well, your nurse is right: every case is different. People react differently to Prozac.

I'm not a medical professional, but I am the father of two young men on the autism spectrum, and they both take Prozac under the supervision of a psychiatrist. They have different types of autism, and they take different doses of the drug. Most importantly, they do better with it than without it.

Every time their prescriptions are refilled, I carefully read the information sheet which accompanies the drug. I watch them for side effects, and I would contact the doctor immediately if anything looked questionable.

Some people don't do well on Prozac; that's what the doctor is for.

Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yea drugs like these can melt brain , I read stories of people who were perscribed drugs for one thing , die due to having hallucinations and they killed themselves in various ways or harmed others.

This is how this world works , you have a sheeple doctor who doesn't question anything get paid for promoting X substance as treatment by drug companies who profit from this , some of these drugs don't even contain what they should in first place and are mislabeled.

Best thing IMO you can do is water fast for days maybe your body can clean up this mess but who knows.

Upvote 0

God saves

Feb 11, 2019
China
✟44,440.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why were you prescribed Prozac?

One thing you can do is to ask your doctor why they are prescribing a certain medication to you and how it works, as well as ask to be told about all of the possible side effects (possible does not mean definite). There may be possible side effects listed on a label on or in the medication container you are prescribed. I think all doctors have a responsibility to inform patients about possible benefits as well as possible side effects of a medication they prescribe to a patient.

If you believe you may be experiencing adverse side effects due to a medication or have other concerns about a medication, tell your doctor about them.

If you believe a doctor was performing malpractice, you can file a report with the hospital and/or outside authorities.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0