✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
jckstraw72 said:
morality is not a cultural construct, its an absolute revealed by God.
morality most certainly is a social construct. this is evidenced by the changing moral standards throughout time, all derived biblically. even in christian societies this standard has changed, and in contemporary times, two christians can have wildly different moral views on any given topic.

jckstraw72, the argument you are presenting, that communism and fascism are consistent with atheism, is not an accurate one, and for reasons already mentioned. atheism, unlike christianity, is not a worldview, and are therefore incomparable in this instance.

rockytrails said:
yes Atheism does have a God it is Satan who deceives one into thinking if their is No God than their is no sin i will ever have to answer to a holy and rightious God for.
no, atheism doesn't, by definition, have a god.

as christians, we have reason enough to oppose atheism without falsely assigning properties to it that do not exist.

rockytrails said:
if there is no God there is no eternity in hell a place of torment .

i can live for today by my rules and tommorow i die.
i've never liked this argument. it suggests that the only reason we, as christians, are good is out of fear of punishment, and not for the sake of being good.

shmee said:
The evidentiary challenge?
yes, what is this?
Gojira69's Avatar Gojira69 said:
I too have lost my faith in atheism.

I was so disappointed when I found those atheists to be big hypocrits.

Also, when I read how many people they've massacred in history! Way more than theists!

They really just trust in their faith without an ounce of proof and blindly follow their beliefs, and are intollerant of other views and wish to shut up all who counter their belief-system.

I fear a totalitarian future is possible through these people, as they did in CCCP and China.
there are no christian hypocrites? any proof for the second claim? consider the crusades, the inquisition, etc. aren't we called to believe without proof? no intolerant christians? seems like a poorly developed argument with gross generalizations.

Upvote 0

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
jckstraw72, the argument you are presenting, that communism and fascism are consistent with atheism, is not an accurate one, and for reasons already mentioned. atheism, unlike christianity, is not a worldview, and are therefore incomparable in this instance.

its complete lack of worldview makes any other worldview consistent with it since it has no worldview to contradict the other worldviews. so an atheist can just as easily be a good person or a bad person.

Upvote 0

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
So by your logic, atheism is also consistent with Christianity. Ergo, Christianity can be consistent with fascism and communism.

uh no. Christianity is a worldview that is inconsistent with fascism and communism. and since it is theistic it is quite obviously inconsistent with atheism

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought atheism was so wonderful untill i was faced with who the god of atheism is.

yes Atheism does have a God it is Satan who deceives one into thinking if their is No God than their is no sin i will ever have to answer to a holy and rightious God for.

like a animal i just die and waste away and be gone
which is not really so bad at all..

if there is no God there is no eternity in hell a place of torment .

i can live for today by my rules and tommorow i die.

But then my belief in this falecy called atheism could not stand my own scrutiny
that part of me that knew their was a God that i was answerable to.

So for those of you who are or will some day also face the problem that there is a God that you also are answerable to i leave you with this advice
of mine check out

www.whataboutjesus.com

Wonderful! Now do what the Lord would want you to do and join His Church, the Catholic Church. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.