• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I have autism and asperger's syndrome just like the rest of you lot

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Some people have speculated I am borderline. I’ve never been tested. There’s no benefit at this point but it maybe could’ve been beneficial during schooling years. Maybe. It also could’ve created more issues.

Some people on CF think Autism is a sin. Don’t believe it. (tho making excuses for yourself would be)

Welcome.

I am 30 & have always wanted to date & get married. I don’t like being single. :(

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

deanerenata32

Jul 8, 2021
greeneville
✟10,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No, autism is not a sin. It's a brain disorder. Whoever says its a sin, I would be like: "Well, the person who has autism didn't ask to be born with it, they were just born that way and it is wrong to judge them. They can't help it that they have autism."

Is what I would say anyway. People like me who have autism didn't ask to be born that way, we just were. If I could take away my autism I would; but as of now there is no know cure for it.

Doctors don't know how to cure autism right now and it may be many more years until they do.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, autism is not a sin. It's a brain disorder. Whoever says its a sin, I would be like: "Well, the person who has autism didn't ask to be born with it, they were just born that way and it is wrong to judge them. They can't help it that they have autism."

Is what I would say anyway. People like me who have autism didn't ask to be born that way, we just were. If I could take away my autism I would; but as of now there is no know cure for it.
I would add it's more a personality than anything. Would you agree w/ that?

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am going to be 35 next month, but I was diagnosed when I was 19. They caught it late.

I am single and I'm loving it. Who wants the hardships of marriage anyway?

I agree, I was diagnosed around the age of 7 (now 26). The single life is wonderful.

Upvote 0