Status
Not open for further replies.

EAGLE1940

Jul 10, 2004
✟114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
IT'S SAD THAT CERTAN DENOMANATIONS HAVE PRODUCED "MENS DOCTORINES", THAT
HAVE TRIED TO REDUCE GOD..TO THE LENGTH OF A WOMENS HAIR.. OR DRESS, ETC!

THAT'S LEGALISIM! MANS FUTAL EFFORT TO PUT GOD IS HIS BOX..AND LOOK AND
ACT RELIGOUS! IT'S ALSO, A RELIGOUS CONTROLLING SPIRIT... INSTEAD OF
SERVING GOD WITH FAITH AND "FREEDOM OF THE SPIRIT!"

IT PUTS PEOPLE IN BONDAGE AND GUILT AND MAKES THEM LOOK STUPID TO THE
WORLD!

IT SEPPERATES THE BODY OF CHIRIST FROM FELLOWSHIP AND MINISTRY TO
ONE ANOTHER, BECAUSE OF MAN FALSE TEACHINGS!

(BY THE WAY...JESUS NEVER TAUGHT ANYTHING ABOUT WOMENS DRESS CODES!
ONLY PAUL...AND AS WONDERFUL AS HE WAS...HE TOO MADE MISTAKES! LIKE
CALLING HIMSELF THE " CHIEF APOSTLE!" CHRIST NEVER CALLED HIM THAT!

WE MUST WALK IN THE SPIRIT...NOT AFTER THE FLESH!

GOD LOOKS AT THE HEART OF MAN... NOT HIS GOOD ..RELIGOUS WORKS!!

THESE VERSES BLOW ALL THESE FALSE TEACHINGS OF MEN, OUT OF THE SADDLE!
"GOD IS A SPIRIT...THEY THAT WORSHIP HIM, MUST WORSHIP HIM IN SPIRIT AND
IN TRUGH!" (NOT IN WORKS, DRESS CODES, FLESSLY EFFORTS.. OF SELF RIGHTOUSNESS)

"KNOW NO MAN....(NO MAN, INCLUDING WOMEN) AFTER THE FLESH!
(IF YOU DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER IN THE BODY OF CHRIST BY THE HOLY
SPIRIT...YOU'LL NEVER KNOW EACH OTHER! EVEN YOUR OWN FAMILY!)

GET OUT AND SHOW SOMEBODY GODS LOVE TODAY! (SMILE)

BE BLESSED-

BUFORD DOWELL

EITENTS@HOTMAIL.COM

Upvote 0

TwistrAndy

TwistrAndy
Mar 1, 2004
Huntersville, NC
✟414.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Eagle,

I would hope it would make them look 'stupid' to the world, because we aren't supposed to be of this world, we are to be separted. So, I would hope the way I was dressed, and acted, and lived, would be different of the world. The doctrines of these churches is built on holiness. Holiness not only in the way you live, but in every aspect of your life, from your dress, to the way you act, to what you watch on TV. I think you should be able to just pass by a christian and have to take a second look, and say "I bet that's a christian", and then if approached by someone, then show them the love of God, and witness. That's just my opinion, and by the way, it's not putting anyone into bondage, because no one is being forced to do any of it, we have freedom of religion.

1 Timothy 9-10
I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair, gold or pearls, or expensive clothes.
10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

So, the wearing of gold, pearls, expensive clothes, dressing immodestly, goes against biblical teachings. In my opinion, a christian women, should be plain, and not adorned with all the things the world has to offer, and rely on the eternal things, she ought to love God enough to put away worldy things such as jewelry and make-up, because outward adornmant means nothing, it is there to appeal to the flesh, the only thing that counts as far as personal beauty goes, is your spiritual beauty.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
I used to have a book that had old photographs of middle eastern and sephardic Jewish people---It blew me away to see a photo of some Middle eastern Jewish women dressed in trousers! Yes! They wore these awesome trousers and long tunics! I feel naked in a dress. I always have. I wear big tie dye t-shirts, jeans and rope sandals and when it's cool weather, I wear my hippie tam and Native american braids. I love that Abba has not meant for us as Believers to be carbon copy stuffy religious types! He created variety. I am so against being 'religous'. It just seems to me that unfortunately, in much of the south, there's a shallowness and more spirit of religion than real relationship with Jesus. It's more a list of dos and don'ts, than having an intimate relationship with the Creator thru His Son, Jesus and His Spirit. I don't feel right about being 'religious' about how I dress. I prefer being natural in the Lord and being modest is more than just wearing a dress and long sleeves and no jewelry. Cherokeehippie

Upvote 0

Duggie

Oct 9, 2003
STEVENAGE
Visit site
✟892.00
Faith
Christian
[TwistrAndy]Eagle,

I would hope it would make them look 'stupid' to the world, because we aren't supposed to be of this world, we are to be separted. So, I would hope the way I was dressed, and acted, and lived, would be different of the world. The doctrines of these churches is built on holiness. Holiness not only in the way you live, but in every aspect of your life, from your dress, to the way you act, to what you watch on TV. I think you should be able to just pass by a christian and have to take a second look, and say "I bet that's a christian", and then if approached by someone, then show them the love of God, and witness. That's just my opinion, and by the way, it's not putting anyone into bondage, because no one is being forced to do any of it, we have freedom of religion.

1 Timothy 9-10
I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair, gold or pearls, or expensive clothes.
10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

So, the wearing of gold, pearls, expensive clothes, dressing immodestly, goes against biblical teachings. In my opinion, a christian women, should be plain, and not adorned with all the things the world has to offer, and rely on the eternal things, she ought to love God enough to put away worldy things such as jewelry and make-up, because outward adornmant means nothing, it is there to appeal to the flesh, the only thing that counts as far as personal beauty goes, is your spiritual beauty.
I would respectfully disagree you my friend. Dressing holy? :confused: C'mon now since when is God looking at the outward appearance of man? Women, especially young women, dress according to the latest fashions and to suggest that they should wear long white dresses at all times is just unrealistic. There is nothing remotely worldly about women wearing make-up or trousers. I can't even believe this is still an issue for Christians in this day and age. I am glad I can't walk down the street and say to myself "there goes a Christian" because believers come in all shapes and colours, thank God. Can you imagine what it would be like if all Christian men wore suits and the women wore long white dresses :doh: please!! Now I'm not suggesting that women should walk around wearing next to nothing, however they should and thankfully do wear what they want and if they attend a church where it's forbidden to wear trousers and they are happy with that, then who am I to judge them? :)

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Crystal71503 said:
what do you guys think of women wearing pants? most pentecostal women that live around here wear dresses only bc in the bible it says that women shouldnt wear men's clothing ( or something to that effect), but then one of my friends that is pentecostal says you should wear skirts if you feel conviction. so i would like to know what you all think.
In the Bible men wore robes (w/o underwear) and beards, too, but I never have seen them in a Bible-believing holiness Pentecostal church. In fact, one P church I was in had a sign at the entrance of the church “sanctuary” that said what was allowed and not allowed into the “holy” place, it included women wearing slacks and jewelry but it also said (among a long list of other things) that men had to wear suits and ties, and not have long hair, moustaches or beards. (Strangely, the painting of Jesus above the baptistery showed him without a suit or tie, with shoulder length hair, and a moustache and beard. :scratch: Go figure!!

From my early days in a “holiness” Pentecostal congregation the scripture most often used to justify women not wearing trousers was
Deuteronomy 22:5

”The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.” (KJV, of course)

Meaning, of course, that a woman cannot wear trousers (and I guess, a Scotsman cannot wear a kilt). And anyhow, in Jesus' day women wore robes (just like men). Go figure.

Of course verse 8 says
“When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.”

But that was ignored. And verse 9 said
“Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.”

But that was ignored. And verse 11 said
“Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.”

But that was ignored. And verse 12 said
“Thou shalt make thee fringes upon the four quarters of thy vesture, wherewith thou coverest thyself.”

And that was ignored.

:sigh:

Logic, much less scripture, doesn't work in these holiness debates (take it from my bruised self).

The Bible, in these instances, is like a buffet. Take what you like and leave what you don't.

\o/

Upvote 0

Standyman51

Aug 4, 2004
✟2,485.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Jim M said:
In the Bible men wore robes (w/o underwear) and beards, too, but I never have seen them in a Bible-believing holiness Pentecostal church. In fact, one P church I was in had a sign at the entrance of the church “sanctuary” that said what was allowed and not allowed into the “holy” place, it included women wearing slacks and jewelry but it also said (among a long list of other things) that men had to wear suits and ties, and not have long hair, moustaches or beards. (Strangely, the painting of Jesus above the baptistery showed him without a suit or tie, with shoulder length hair, and a moustache and beard. :scratch: Go figure!!
Men make rules to substitute for the Holy Spirit's indwelling influence. The more of that that happens, the less of God we have. Isaiah 29:13
Then the Lord said,
“Because this people draw near with their words
And honor Me with their lip service,
But they remove their hearts far from Me,
And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote,
Stan

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.