Visit site
✟448,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Anything anymore that is a source for the media is getting obnoxious to watch.

Came across craigslist tv - so i watch this infomercial type thing for ventriloquist lessons - curious what it is. Go to their facebook page ...

I rent a movie - there is a gay couple. I watch a tv series - a gay couple. I turned on a SOAP once - a gay couple. [tho since i watch little tv - i am certain it is infiltrating advertisements too]
And now craigslist tv has - you guessed it - a gay couple.:doh::doh::doh::doh:

B

Borromeo

Its saturation.

Bingo.

If you keep showing people something all over the place, they start to think its normal. Since there's by far not enough homosexuals (outside certain places that attract them) for people to actually encounter and for it to seem "normal," TV is the perfect tool. Beam it into every house, cram it full of all the filth you want, and presto.

TV is basically a tool for business and ideologies to use against people. Sticking entertainment in it is the bait, but it really doesn't exist for that at all, just like a trap doesn't exist for the meat to sit in it. You buy it, you pay the bill, you and your kids get the brainwashing.

Upvote 0
B

Borromeo

It basically also why the current generation of young adults is a dead end. They've been exposed to so much fake lifestyles of the never ending partying, drinking, never working, never growing up that it seems normal. Their vocabulary and conceptions of life often end there. Marriage? Children? Working? No way, that's not on tv. The big one people don't get is "sacrifice" - the idea is unthinkable and down right ghastly. People want everything without giving anything. It especially makes people unable to comprehend Christianity.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟448,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I agree Borromeo.

Proscribe - politics is also the quiet running engine of all entertainment.

Ever get fed up when political comment or liberal issue is pushed at us as though folks are so brain numbed they think its how life is or it has to be acceptable.

It aint called bo-ob toob for nothing.

Upvote 0

Irenaeus

Sub tuum praesidium confugimus!
May 16, 2004
USA
✟18,468.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Noam Chomsky I believe once called the media the "Priesthood of the Modern Age." I believe no quote more accurately reflects the reality of the situation.

They are the Magisterium and the arbiter of truth and normality in the modern world.

....Only when you abandon truth itself, all you have are varying opinions anyway. But some opinions are more special than others, somehow.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is why I've come to appreciate the fact that I don't have cable TV in our household. I haven't had it in here for 4 years now-- so while I do watch a bit when I'm visiting my parents (I stick to Discovery, Science, or History channels anyways)-- all of my other sources of media I am able to choose the content. I have a select few media news web-sites I read, then it is mostly blogs or Catholic sites.

I'm not trying to ignore it-- I know this gay-loving craze (the love of the sin, nothing against those who choose to live this lifestyle), but at least I can get away from it when I do choose to connect to the world.

Interesting that you bring this up WA-- I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and I once again stick to what sections I know (Education and Christian areas), but I came across a book about this black pastor/priest who is openly gay and is preaching that God made him that way. *sigh* Apparently the Scriptures talking about homosexuality don't make sense to him. :(

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The gay every where thing is just an agenda to indoctrinate ppl into accepting the lifestyle as no big and to desensitize ppl to it.

We see a couple living together in pure sin and we think nothing of it and even think it's normal- Catholics who go to Mass even, are those who live with their significant other... but way, way back in the day, that was a scandal no one dared mentioned.

So we're going to get to that point where this will be normal. Its about a culture, not about reality.

We are slowly losing this culture war over time and its the way it is.

Just about every sin is going to be viewed as normal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheCunctator

Dio, abbi pietà su questa anima miserabile!
Dec 8, 2009
✟16,399.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Anything anymore that is a source for the media is getting obnoxious to watch.

Came across craigslist tv - so i watch this infomercial type thing for ventriloquist lessons - curious what it is. Go to their facebook page ...

I rent a movie - there is a gay couple. I watch a tv series - a gay couple. I turned on a SOAP once - a gay couple. [tho since i watch little tv - i am certain it is infiltrating advertisements too]
And now craigslist tv has - you guessed it - a gay couple.:doh::doh::doh::doh:

My friend, this is only the beginning:

Normalizing Pedophilia | Conference | Mental Illness | The Daily Caller

It's only a matter of time....

Reactions: Gwendolyn
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
and the Catholic Church will find a way around this one too... they already have in certain ways. Just like they found a way around divorce, remarriage and ABC, they are going to find a loop hole to this too becuase we would not want to run all these ppl away from the Church.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi there!

Most of the TV I watch are old movies on TCM. I like quite a bit of the stuff on the National Geographic channel, and on the various Discovery channels. Bennie and his friends congregate in my living room to watch sports on the enormous flat screen he put in a couple of years ago, but I mostly watch the much smaller TV I have on my desk.

I do not watch politics. Partisan politics, from both sides, has become way too mean spirited for me to waste my time watching all of these talking heads lie about each other on TV.

I read a lot. There will be whole days when I don't even turn the television on.

As for the gay couple issue, I have many friends in the gay community, and I know more than a few gay couples. Mostly, they do not act the way they are portrayed in the media.

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟448,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is why I've come to appreciate the fact that I don't have cable TV in our household. I haven't had it in here for 4 years now-- so while I do watch a bit when I'm visiting my parents (I stick to Discovery, Science, or History channels anyways)-- all of my other sources of media I am able to choose the content. I have a select few media news web-sites I read, then it is mostly blogs or Catholic sites.

I'm not trying to ignore it-- I know this gay-loving craze (the love of the sin, nothing against those who choose to live this lifestyle), but at least I can get away from it when I do choose to connect to the world.

Interesting that you bring this up WA-- I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and I once again stick to what sections I know (Education and Christian areas), but I came across a book about this black pastor/priest who is openly gay and is preaching that God made him that way. *sigh* Apparently the Scriptures talking about homosexuality don't make sense to him. :(

No media is immune.

Yah preachers have found ways to do this. Its called picking and choosing and rewriting the intent.

My friend, this is only the beginning:

Normalizing Pedophilia | Conference | Mental Illness | The Daily Caller

It's only a matter of time....
Back in 2003 i was in a secular forum and the subject of gays being normal came up.

SO i broached the subject of - if you accept one - then all 'persuasions and perversions will demand rights.

And some psychologist had already in the late 90's put out a published work that pedophiles were normal it was JUST a sexual preference.
You may be able to google it under archives.

Then of course the bill passed a couple of years ago - the bill about hate crimes put pedophilia in as a sexual preference. One protected from hate crimes.

AND now up is the bigamists.
Next up - inappropriate behavior with animals.

Slip sliding away. :o

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,848.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there!

Most of the TV I watch are old movies on TCM. I like quite a bit of the stuff on the National Geographic channel, and on the various Discovery channels. Bennie and his friends congregate in my living room to watch sports on the enormous flat screen he put in a couple of years ago, but I mostly watch the much smaller TV I have on my desk.

I do not watch politics. Partisan politics, from both sides, has become way too mean spirited for me to waste my time watching all of these talking heads lie about each other on TV.

I read a lot. There will be whole days when I don't even turn the television on.

As for the gay couple issue, I have many friends in the gay community, and I know more than a few gay couples. Mostly, they do not act the way they are portrayed in the media.

...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Btw, Confession time, I lived with my husband for two years before getting married. I guess I'm not much better than a gay person. So take my opinion as it is: a sinner's.

(Not directed at anyone... just saying)

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Btw, Confession time, I lived with my husband for two years before getting married. I guess I'm not much better than a gay person. So take my opinion as it is: a sinner's.

(Not directed at anyone... just saying)

But according to the teachings of the Catholic Church, it's a pure sin.

I lived with my husband for 2 years too before we were married and then I still lived in pure sin for 6 years after that becuase the marriage was one of those civil unions but we weren't going to church at that time and it wasn't until I did start to go, I had everything taken care of by the local parish priest.

So. It is what it is.

As Catholics we always will know this gay thing is a sin but the shock value will wear off.

gay couples is a reality now and get used to it becuase they are hear to stay and yes, our children will be raised thinking its no big deal.

Its gonna be tough to teach them that its a sin, just like it was tough to get me to see that living with someone before marrying them is a sin.

Its almost darn near impossible to get anyone to see that having sex before marriage with your boyfriend or girlfriend is a sin becuase it feels right.

This gay thing is no different. the only difference is, they can't correct a immoral relationship unless they cut all ties and live chaste and celibate.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Okay, here is my thing... why can't I "embrace" a gay couple?

Not condone with or agree with but why can't I treat them the same way I would treat a couple who isn't married properly according to the Church or who is living together? (the two are the same anyway.)

When we start treating all the people who mock and spit on the rules like their obnoxious freaks... then I'll treat gay people like that.

I'm over trying to discern or feel guilty if it's wrong to have a friendship with a gay couple.

Upvote 0