Riyadh
✟18,337.00
Country
Saudi Arabia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear brothers and sisters, please pray for me..

i feel bad about what happened tonight at work.. i'm a duty pharmacist at 3-11pm shift.. i was called by the nurse at e.r to tell me about the client's complain which unfortunately was their fault for not informing the 1st about some medicine buying procedures.. the nurse was actually a friend of mine during nursing days and we had a phone argument which blew my fuse. i know what i'm doing and i won't be sending patients to them without informing them what to do.. he called me and told me that next time i should have him informed!

i blew my fuse because the way he talks, it's as if i'm just somebody he can just push on how to do their job.. i was employed just 2 months ago and i think he's serving for nearly 5 years now.. still i believe it's not the right way to approach a co-worker. i talked back..with a high-note,too.

i feel bad about what happened because i'm not used at this kind of scene,, he's an acquaintance and i don't usually talk harshly over anybody. i'd like to ask for God's forgiveness if i didn't control myself back.. i just don't want to feel bad and move on with what happened.. i hope he appologize or if not maybe we just both had the right time to brush everything off.. after all it's not a big deal.. it's only a 3cc syringe we've fought about.

Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Dear sister;

First of all, do not worry, if you missed it again, I mean, if you got angry with your colleague!

We all at some time, get angry, and let our anger control us, instead of us controlling the anger. It is not easy to control our anger, on a permanent basis always, but with the help and the fruit of patience, which comes from the Holy Spirit, we can control anger - Romans 8:13.

Let me share with you, what happens in our brains, when we become angry, and charged emotionally.

There two parts of our brain, one dealing with our thinking and logic, and the other dealing with our emotions. The thing is, our emotional part of the brain, is much quicker and faster to react and respond, in a stressful or difficult situation, than our logical part. It is all to do with our build in survival mechanism.

There is a part of our brain, which is called 'amygdala'. That part controls emotions, The 'amygdala' scans our environment for any danger, at any time. If a stressful situation arises, the 'amygdala', takes over, or 'hijacks' our logical part of the brain, so that we begin to react by emotion, instead of by logic. When we are stressed or angry, our thinking changes and becomes different. Actually, the 'amygdala' part of our brain, somehow switches off to a certain degree our logical brain, so that we can react by our survival mechanism, or in other words by emotion, usually anger or fear.

When we are in a stressful event or a difficult situation, our 'amygdala', causes the hormones adrenalin and other stress hormones to be released in our body, in a matter of seconds, to prepare us to fight or flight.

That is probably the main reason, why when we are in a stressful situation, to think more, and react or speak less, because anger or fear, could trigger a negative thinking, and those negative emotions make us thing differently about the event.

Our logical part, is more slow to react and to figure out, what is going on, when we are in a stressful situation, than our emotional part of the brain, the 'amygdala'. That is why, perhaps it would be helpful to stop for a moment, when we are stressed, and not to say or do something, backed up and fuelled by our negative emotions, in order to let our logic and logical part of the brain, to figure out, what the best response for us, logically, would be.

So when stressed, stop for a few seconds, do not say anything, do not do anything, but, let your logic kick in, and start taking charge, of the situation.

Actually, our logical part of the brain, can defuse and neutralise our stress, if we give it a time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, in a way it's not really about a syringe. It's about honesty, about respecting the other colleague and the people who need the help. Praying you will be given wisdom and protection in dealing with that person and that there will not be any bad repercussions for you.

Upvote 0