o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Heh, here is something ive been learning. Just like u learned things from ur past relationships (or problems, and even if they are the exact same ones uve been having for so darn long [me in some circumstances]), u can learn things from this one. No matter what happened really, God can still teach u new and higher things out of it, and that can bless either your endeavors in finding a spouse, or your future endeavor of keeping the relationship strong with the one you may find.

Upvote 0

Silver-winged Flyer

I take the road less traveled
Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Desperation chases away guys so don't go looking at every guy you meet as a prospective husband.
While you're so focused on not getting married you're missing out on everything that's going on around you.
Getting married will not make you happy for ever and always, it is NOT the answer to your problems, it will probably just cause new and different ones.
If God does have a husband for you, He'll only let you meet Him when you are both ready. In the mean time don't worry about it so much, enjoy the ride and just see what happens. God's timing is perfect and when we try to take control we just end up messing everything up. And I can say that from past experience.
The only way you'll be happy is to be content with your life as it is now because there's nothing you can do to change God's mind or force His hand.

Reactions: sherri
Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
On my 24th birthday, I didn't have a girlfriend, and hadn't had a worthwhile date in several years. A few months later, I met my future wife. Three years later, we separated.

What is a blessing, and what isn't? Sometimes we don't know until later. Perhaps in 10 years, you will be down on your knees thanking God you weren't married at this point in your life. I know I am.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Do you ever wonder if either something is wrong with you or God simply permanently left you off his christmas list in regards to ever finding a spouse?

Yes...er, kinda. Quality over quantity is always a good thing. I've met so many guys lately, but it never amounts to anything lasting or "real." I've been contemplating whether or not there is indeed "something wrong" with me or how I think (or what I want, for cryin' out loud). "Maybe guyA isn't really all that stupid...maybe he's just socially-ackward?" Things like that. I've talked it over with God and my friends and their argument has been, "Hey, so you actually have standards? So what? How many girls out there don't and just look at the situations they see themselves in." And, then I usually shut my mouth for the time being.

I sometimes look back on how I may have thwarted any chances I had for such a lasting relationship by making mistakes with certain guys. Maybe I shoved-off the wrong one, maybe I wasn't ready for guyB just yet. Whatever the case, going through so many duds is bound to make one think that something is wrong with them. I don't think so. I just have to trust that what God knows I desire and need in a man is something that is not as common as, say, the Blue Collar boys...and that God will allow my needs as a woman to be met by one man one of these millenia. It is so easy to get discouraged after a long line of losing streaks though.

I just think back to how I'd trust in God for many things, how I was going about my life in a way that I know pleased Him because I was doing nothing against Him, so in my mind and in my heart, it wasn't that I was not doing the "right things," it was maybe that God never wanted me to have this desire to commit myself to one man in the first place. Because surely, God would grant me the desires of my heart if those desires aligned with His plan for me. Then, I'd start thinking, "Well, why doesn't He just erase this need in my heart as surely He can do such a thing? Why do I keep learning more and more about myself, seeing myself as fully able to commit myself to one man as the years go by, when at one time, I questioned that ability? Why does God keep allowing those walls to tear down so that only one specific man may enter my heart?"

I then thought that maybe God was continuing to refine me and forcing me to become this "strong, amazing woman of God." That maybe this time of trial was supposed to teach me to be even stronger; which scares me because how much stronger does God need me to be? Must I be an ox or a rhino or something? I have no idea what God has in store for me, which makes me feel so confused...I feel your frustration.

So whats the point in trying anymore? There is none. Atleast not for me. For others, that is most often a different story. I suppose I have to accept my fate.

I see it happen for countless others, as well. My salvation is that what I desire to share with a man exceeds what even "they" may have. *shrug*

I just don't know.

Upvote 0

Lecarde

Dec 16, 2003
CO
✟762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oftentimes, blessings will come when we give up.....because in striving comes the fruit of our flesh. We only have so much strength, we can only follow our own path so far. If God has called you to marry, have faith that he will one day deliver your prince. Look up at the sky during the night when the stars are bright, and written there you will find how much He loves you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
The battle makes the victory that much sweeter... Thats the thought that had crossed my mind a couple of days ago! I hate admitting I think about stuff such us... wanting a bf:blush: LOL mmm But I was thinking just that when a bf comes then I wont take him for granted, and I will really appreciate him. If that makes sence! (Hope I dont turn out to be clingy in the end!!!! haha:doh: ) LOL^_^

Upvote 0

paul123

Oct 22, 2006
NH
✟8,098.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Metaphorically, if you give and stay in your room you will never meet anyone. Even if you think God won't give you anyone, you can't know for sure. Just put yourself out there. In order for what you say to be right (never finding anyone) than you have to be the only one in your shoes. I can tell you, you are not the only one in your shoes.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Look up at the sky during the night when the stars are bright, and written there you will find how much He loves you.

That was quite beautiful.

Arclight610 said:
Never give up, never accept defeat. There is always one last ounce of strength you can squeeze out. Remember, the battle makes the victory that much sweeter.

...And I like the way you put that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sweet count me in
are you sure you want to be in an "I Give Up" club? better name might be "Given Up Club"

That's a big call. I take new membership seriously. And the initiation even more so.

I'm actually somewhat serious.....that is sad.

Upvote 0