• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I feel like i am praying to the devil and doubting that Jesus is the Christ.

kittyio

Mar 8, 2022
america
✟24,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do I fix it? I feel like my prayers are going to demons. I try to pray to Jesusnand ask Him to save me I'm case I am not saved because I keep having thoughts I don't believe He is the Christ but I know the Jesus of the Bible is. But I am worried that I might not believe. I am plagued with feelings that I want to pray to the devil that I don't want to ask Jesus to save me, that I don't knownwhere to direct my feelings and that I don't want to believe. But I do want to believe, how can I pray and have faith that my prayers are going to Jesus and not the devil? I try to picture Jesus in my mind or pray to the presence I feel might be Jesus bit then I either have thoughts that presence is the devil and not really Jesus or my mind tells me it is, and then I feel like I prayed to the presence of the devil. Please give me advice on how to pray or anything you think will help, I need help. I am in therapy and on prozac.

kittyio

Mar 8, 2022
america
✟24,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You could pray it out. Address Jesus, tell him what’s going on. Ignore those feelings. Take those thoughts captive as in 2Cor 10:3-5. And keep right on praying. Do you have OCD?
Thank you I do have ocd and it is hard, I try to keep praying but I am plagued by these feelings.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How do I fix it? I feel like my prayers are going to demons. I try to pray to Jesusnand ask Him to save me I'm case I am not saved because I keep having thoughts I don't believe He is the Christ but I know the Jesus of the Bible is. But I am worried that I might not believe. I am plagued with feelings that I want to pray to the devil that I don't want to ask Jesus to save me, that I don't knownwhere to direct my feelings and that I don't want to believe. But I do want to believe, how can I pray and have faith that my prayers are going to Jesus and not the devil? I try to picture Jesus in my mind or pray to the presence I feel might be Jesus bit then I either have thoughts that presence is the devil and not really Jesus or my mind tells me it is, and then I feel like I prayed to the presence of the devil. Please give me advice on how to pray or anything you think will help, I need help. I am in therapy and on prozac.
Hello, kittyio

Jesus prayed to the father in heaven, he gave many examples in the NT, read his words on how to pray.
examples John chapter 17, Matthew, chapter 6 verses 9 to 13 below;

9In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

Theses are examples to follow but use your own words, pray believing that the father hears you. Do not ever think about the devil only think of GOD and Jesus. The Father in heaven knows what you need just trust in him.

Blessings,

JFF

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does believing something make it any more or less true?
God created the heavens and the earth. Does not believing that make any difference? It is true whether you believe it or not.
Concerning Christ:
Acts 2:36 KJV
36. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

God... has made.... Jesus.... both Lord and Christ.

God made Jesus Christ. Whether you believe it or no does not matter. Your believing it does not make it more true. And your not believing it certainly does not stop it.
My point is God made Jesus Lord and Christ. Not you. Not your belief. It is true whether you believe it or not. He is not asking your permission nor does He need it. It would be a lie to say He is not Christ. So in the light of that fact:
Who is Christ?
So belief is not much more than simple awareness. You found out God made Jesus the Christ. That is all there is to it. Simply agree with it. Don't try to work up some confidence or commitment. None of that matters.

Just whisper a prayer of thanks.

"God, thank you for making Jesus the Christ."
And just relax in that.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since you have been diagnosed with OCD ( assuming since you posted on the forum) you are not responsible for runaway thoughts. Your defense is a short prayer rebuking these thoughts ( because obviously you are a believer) and ask the Lord to fill you with His Holy Spirit daily so that He can equip you when you are in doubt. Blessings.

Upvote 0