Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The thing is that I know I can't sing (I've been told), so what I do is go where nobody else is sitting and keep my mouth well shut.

I wouldn't worry about what other people think about your singing. Worry about what God thinks about your singing (I'm sure He is pleased with your singing). Also, I'm not a very good singer either but I still sing anyway. :):hug:

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i think you are missing out on one of the parts of the mass that helps build a sense of community, even if you are not a good singer just sing anyways
but in the end it is a personal call so if you really do not feel comfrotable singing then that is ok, I hope I do not sound bossy lol

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The thing is that I know I can't sing (I've been told), so what I do is go where nobody else is sitting and keep my mouth well shut.

i've been told i can't sing in the past too, yet i made it in the choir back when i came back home to faith *shrug* singing in a group is not the same as singing alone either. but it's my experience in most church i've been where there was singing, not everyone sang either... what ever you're comfortable with and works for you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You know that sometimes it's not about having a beautiful singing voice or not. Sometimes it's about the fact that singing starts a coughing fit, or straining the voice when it needn't be, or whatever. If someone doesn't sing, can't we at least be tolerant?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.