Will the FBI report shift the electorate away from Hillary?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No change

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I dunno

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-didn-t-remember-much-000000610.html
We know the MSM will give her a pass. The real question is will the electorate?

HRC has to answer, in writing, a list of items brought forth by Judicial Watch before October 1, 2016. At the least it is unfavorable timing for Clinton. Who knows if there will be new revelations. I am sure Judicial Watch will take off the gloves as they have been stonewalled by the State Dept. for a long time.
I am also counting on the two third party candidates to take votes she was counting on when there was only a two person race.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Clinton is being protected and it seems the FBI is in on it. The Friday before a holiday dump of FBI files regarding the Clinton case is telling.
The current director was appointed by Obama. Who endorsed Hillary at his own expense. I'd say it isn't a stretch to believe the fix is in. Especially watching Comey's appearance during the hearings on her behaviors.

He appeared to so desperately be talking from the spoon fed script he'd been given to say there was no evidence against her.And yet he either wasn't swift enough to realize he was being set up when asked hypothetical's. Questions such as those concerning issuance of security clearances on someone should they have demonstrated recklessness such as Hillary did . And when he then answered that it wouldn't be likely someone not Hillary would be issued a security clearance after demonstrating that same type of unsophisticated recklessness.

Comey said she was unsophisticated, and reckless. How is that excusable when she seeks the highest office after demonstrating she's unsophisticated and reckless when entrusted to a lower one?

Do you find it odd that a man who was never in politics till this, bragged about giving Hillary and other politicians of course,money to do his bidding later when he called, is now on the Republican side of the ticket? When till now he was politically on the same party side as Hillary?

It is almost like a game the top percent that run the country decided to play due to our negligence in the past at the polls. We happily vote for the lesser of two evils just to stay true to our party for the most part. And some of those we've let in even for a second term are real doozies.
Now we have two candidates that are both pathetic and unfit. We're left now with not only the lesser of two evils, but the worst most unfit candidates in history who have been on a ballot for highest office. Now the stakes are upped from the party loyalty voting for the lesser, but also for the most unfit in history.

We've done this to ourselves. We've got Clinton and Trump to choose from because we've proven for decades we don't think we can do any better than this.
And how is one person per party even an option?

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The current director was appointed by Obama. Who endorsed Hillary at his own expense. I'd say it isn't a stretch to believe the fix is in. Especially watching Comey's appearance during the hearings on her behaviors.
pffft...comey is a former republican initially appointed by bush, and the only reason he is getting any sort of criticism is because he didn't provide the answer republicans wanted. they then turned on him.

here is what they used to say about him.
“I do think that in all of government, he is a man of integrity and honesty,”
-Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah)

“His finger is on the pulse of this,” Chaffetz continued. “Nothing happens without him, and I think he is going to be the definitive person to make a determination or a recommendation.”

Asked if he thought Republicans would accept an FBI recommendation not to indict Clinton, he replied, “Oh, probably. Because we do believe in James Comey.”

“James Comey is a real standup guy,” Ryan said in a Tuesday radio interview with Charlie Sykes on Right Wisconsin. “He’s the FBI director. I do believe that his integrity is unequaled. I know U.S. attorneys who serve in Congress who just claim he is such a strong man of integrity.”
-House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)
its shameful that some are dragging his name through the mud simply because he told the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Everybody knows that when you do a Friday before a holiday news dump that it has the effect of burying the story. That's what Comey did and it's beginning to look like he's in the tank for Hillary. He knew his actions were questionable but chose to do it anyway. His reputation is tainted not because conservatives don't like his answers but because they recognize incompetent and questionable behavior on the part of government officials. There is clear evidence of intent to conceal records from the public on the part of Hillary and yet Comey argued otherwise. That's not his job. And many lawyers have commented that it would be easy to show intent to conceal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
pffft...comey is a former republican initially appointed by bush, and the only reason he is getting any sort of criticism is because he didn't provide the answer republicans wanted. they then turned on him.
My understanding is that Comey was nominated as FBI Director by Obama so as to replace Robert Mueller.

its shameful that some are dragging his name through the mud simply because he told the truth.
I don't think he sounded like a man telling the truth at all. He sounded like a man that was told to make a fabrication obfuscate the facts of what was Hillary's failure to respect the rules that governed security and top secret protocols. And bend the truth so as to fill the holes she and her legal team created in destroying over 30,000 emails.
And that former self is what through innuendo admitted as much when he used adjectives like reckless, unsophisticated, to explain why arrogant, self-centered, and corrupt, wasn't going to answer for it.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One thing that has been lost in the discussion of Hillary's actions, partially because the conversation has dragged on for so long, is that the best case scenario is that she is completely incompetent. The focus has been on whether she broke federal law, and she got a pass on being prosecuted because the FBI did not want to make claims about intent, so that has been the main focus of the discussion. However, the fact that she acted improperly has been established, and is further established by Hillary's pathetic defenses (such as her recent claim that she could not figure out that e-mails marked with a "C" might be classified).

Being able to say that you aren't a criminal because you are a complete idiot who can't be trusted with important information is not much of a victory when you are running for president.

(Cue ranting by Hillary supporters about how dumb they think Trump is).

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Comey knew the date Hillary was subpoenaed and the deleted emails according to FBI report were after that date! It is called obstruction of justice, on both their parts.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My understanding is that Comey was nominated as FBI Director by Obama so as to replace Robert Mueller.
indeed he was and i apologize for not being more clear. he was initially appointed by bush as the deputy attorney general back in 2003 and was a lifelong republican (he has since become an independent). he donated to both the mccain and romney presidential runs. he was very well respected by republicans and was cleared to become the fbi director with a vote of 93-1.

One thing that has been lost in the discussion of Hillary's actions, partially because the conversation has dragged on for so long, is that the best case scenario is that she is completely incompetent.
no, what is being lost is that her predecessors did the same exact thing and NOBODY is going after them.

However, the fact that she acted improperly has been established, and is further established by Hillary's pathetic defenses (such as her recent claim that she could not figure out that e-mails marked with a "C" might be classified).
you have no idea what you're talking about, you're not even explaining this accurately and i would bet you're not even aware that the emails in question WERE NOT PROPERLY MARKED as classified. there were only certain paragraphs that were marked as such with a (C). a further explanation below. bold mine.

Just three email chains included some sort of classification marking: At least one paragraph preceded by the marking "(C)," indicating that those paragraphs were "confidential," the lowest level of classification. But none of the three had a header, footer or cover page further signaling that the emails contained confidential information.

Even though there was a "(C)" preceding the paragraphs, this information was not properly marked confidential because it did not include the header, FBI Director James Comey said in a July 7 hearing before Congress. It’s "reasonable," he said, that Clinton may not have realized these were classified.

neither did any of any of the other emails have ANY sort of "classified" markings that are normally supposed to have a header and a footer noting such. comey's argument is that hillary should have known it was classified given the subject matter.

but is anyone here complaining about the absence of those security headers/footers? of course not because that wasn't hillary's responsibility and cannot be pinned on her.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
you have no idea what you're talking about, you're not even explaining this accurately and i would bet you're not even aware that the emails in question WERE NOT PROPERLY MARKED as classified. there were only certain paragraphs that were marked as such with a (C). a further explanation below. bold mine.

If this was a student telling me why he didn't understand why an assignment was due at a certain time, I might understand.

I expect the secretary of state to know how her subordinates are labeling classified information, and to generally be aware that she might be dealing with classified information. To not be aware of this is incompetence at best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I expect the secretary of state to know how her subordinates are labeling classified information
her subordinates are not given a choice as to how classified information is labeled. it is policy...

to generally be aware that she might be dealing with classified information.
no...given the obvious importance of how sensitive classified information is, i would fully expect that any material that is classified be properly noted as such.

and a single act of poor judgement is not incompetence

Upvote 0