United States
✟24,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a difficult time with my temper. I can be quick to anger sometimes if someone pushes the right buttons. As a result, I don't act like a Christian should because it's very difficult for me to calm down. I do a lot of blame shifting. I've meditated on the crucifix before and that doesn't seem to curb my anger. I'm asking for your prayers this week so I don't give in to hate or doubt.

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can so totally sympathize with this. I have a filthy temper, and it causes me more grief than just about anything else in my life. :(

My prayers are absolutely with you, brother. Perhaps you could pray for me as well?

God bless and keep you...and teach us both patience and charity.

Sandy

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a difficult time with my temper. I can be quick to anger sometimes if someone pushes the right buttons. As a result, I don't act like a Christian should because it's very difficult for me to calm down. I do a lot of blame shifting. I've meditated on the crucifix before and that doesn't seem to curb my anger. I'm asking for your prayers this week so I don't give in to hate or doubt.

I have the same problem. I will tell you two secrets that God has given to me that has curbed my temper greatly. 1) You must pray for the person you are mad at. You cannot stay mad at someone whom you are praying for. 2) If you lose your temper with someone close to you, wash their feet as Christ washed His disciple's feet.

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.