I Can't Sinning

sonny1293

Oct 26, 2012
✟1,582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
David writes in Psalm 40:12-13 "For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more then the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me: make haste to help me." Even if I stop masturbating and looking at unclean material on the internet. Sin still lies within my heart. I have unforgiveness, jealousy, hatred, and bitterness. The Bible doesn't just tell us how to behave, it tells how to feel. In a way, it is a dictator. People on these forums are constantly saying, we have to stop sinning. But what about what's in our hearts? We can act very loving towards someone, but say within our hearts, I wish this person dies so that I don't have to deal with him. I have done that. God standards are so high; people that are saying we can simply stop sinning without God fixing us are wrong. I agree we can stop the activity of sin, but only God can take sin out of our hearts.

Last edited:

melannewis

Dec 22, 2012
✟7,643.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sin is in all of us. Only God can help us overcome it. Whether putting it on our heart to stop or helping us to stay on the right path, God is there to help. Being a Christian doesn't mean being perfect and never thinking a bad thought. It means being aware of our imperfections and seeking to try to correct them the best we can with God's help.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

David writes in Psalm 40:12-13 "For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more then the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me: make haste to help me." I have stop masturbating and looking at unclean material on the internet. But sin still lies within my heart. I have unforgiveness, jealousy, hatred, and bitterness. The Bible doesn't just tell us how to behave, it tells how to feel. In a way, it is a dictator. People on these forums are constantly saying, we have to stop sinning. But what about what's in our hearts? We can act very loving towards someone, but say within our hearts, I wish this person dies so that I don't have to deal with him. I have done that. God standards are so high; people that are saying we can simply stop sinning without God fixing us are wrong. I agree we can stop the activity of sin, but only God can take sin out of our hearts.
Brother, do you not see? The standard is impossible for us to walk. You are right. No one can do what God asks of us. Many have thus reasoned that because it is impossible, then He just wants us to "do the best we can". No. He told us that we can bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

So the answer is not lowering the standard. The answer is not tackling sin from the outside in. God has given us the answer. And what is it? We need new hearts with renewed minds. Cleansed from the inside out.

Jesus said a good tree cannot bear bad fruit, amen? So if we are honest with ourselves, as you obviously are (and I commend you for that), and we see we are still bearing bad fruits, then we do what Jesus told us to do.

We make the tree good.

What? Listen. We are told in Romans 6 to reckon ourselves as dead to sin and alive unto God. We are told to put off the old man by faith and to put on the new. It is a radical act, a desperate act, an act of a man or woman who sees NO HOPE in ever being able to bring down sin in their lives, their bodies, their minds without a miracle.

The law, whose root is self effort, has brought them to this place. You use the term "dictator". You nailed it. The dictator is the schoolmaster God uses to break us of any hope we might have in doing it ourselves. We are supposed to fail. We MUST fail to be prepared for the answer.

It is when we are finally broken of all hope, that we can finally do the one thing we can do. We can "only believe". ONLY. You are far along the path, for you have refused to shut out the conviction of God. You have done the hard part. You have refused to lower the standard that without holiness, no man shall see the Lord.

So here is what happened to me four years ago. Bound 38 years to a BAD inappropriate content problem, angry, frustrated, yet like you, refusing to lower the standard, I finally broke before God and told Him in tears that I quit. I cannot be a good follower. I am too bad.

He answered my cry and appeared to me supernaturally. No face, just intense light that put me on my face. He said:

"For this, my son, I am well pleased with you."

Whatt??? 38 years of trying to please Him and NOW he tells me He is pleased with me?? But He was not yet finished speaking.

"I knew all along that you could not do it. YOU did not yet know it."

He then asked me if in all my tryings, had I ever done what Paul told us to do and reckoned myself dead unto sin. I was speechless. I had not. All of a sudden I saw.... I saw it all, and it is what I have shared with any who will bear with me to this day.

Truth sets free, right? Well, here is the truth.

You are new, You are light.You are not in the flesh. You owe the flesh NOTHING. Sin shall not have dominion over you. God will not allow you to be tempted above that which you are able to bear.

These are your shield of faith. TRUTH. These truths are what quenches all the fiery arows of accusations and temptations that satan hurls at you.

Example: You have a hateful thought. What do you do with it? Normally you embrace it, feel guilty over it, and the wall goes up between you and God, not His wall, YOUR wall. Your conscience condemns you, right?

BUT, if all those things God says about you are now true, whose thought is it? It cannot come from your heart, can it? It comes from the enemy who, like a skilled angler, is fishing for you. But now, you fight him with truth. That is not your thought. It CANNOT be if you are now light, amen? So you reject the thought, refuse to take ownership of it and say "No, that is not me. That WAS me, but I am new, I am not the same old man I was. I am NOT in the flesh but in the spirit" and miracle of miracles, when you do that, you will see that the scriptures are fulfilled when it tells us
"Walk in the Spirit, and you shall NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh." Your flesh has been put off by faith. You are now walking in the new man.

Sorry for the length of this post. I can type on this for days. But this will give you a lot to mull over. You have done most of the hard work. I suggest you do as God led me to do over four years ago now. I spoke...OUT LOUD...loud enough for God to hear, for satan to hear, but most importantly for my own ears to hear, for faith comes by hearing...hearing the truth.

So I spoke the truth, and reckoned myself as dead to sin.

"I am no longer in the flesh. I choose to put on the new man, to agree with God. Sin has no more authority over me."

And praise God, that little dusty seed of faith, long neglected of water in my heart, sprouted. Satan now had an enemy to contend with.

It works, brother. My anger is GONE. My inappropriate content addiction is as well. I have learned how to walk as an overcomer and yet, I take no pride in it. Salvation is ALL of grace. Not just forgiveness. Our sanctification is all of Him as well. He must build the house.

Remember, who is it that can walk with God? He that agrees with Him.

Who is it that shall increase might? He that has NO strength.

Who is it that overcomes? He that combines the blood of the lamb with the words of HIS testimony.

God is awakening His bride. We are called to do one thing. We are being called to LIGHT OUR LAMPS. This is how.

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TRWord

The Revealed Word
Nov 20, 2011
✟16,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sonny1293

As you said: “people that are saying we can simply stop sinning without God fixing us are wrong.”

The purpose of the law was to teach us that we cannot win the battle with sin.

Gal. 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Jesus came to fulfill a promise given to Abraham.

Gal. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

We received this promise through faith in His word.

Jesus said that the prerequisite to enter the kingdom of God is, we must be born again.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:3)

He explained further that a man must be born of the Spirit.

Unless a man accept (through faith) the Spirit that dwells in him as the third part of his being; he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:5)

In other words until we hand over the wheel to the third part of our being; “the spirit” we are destined to crash and burn.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness (Rom. 8:9&10)

Upvote 0
sonny, i have had the same problem with people, finally i learned to pray for those i didn't like. some changed, some didn't. but i did, with the Holy Spirit, my heart changed, no it didn't happen overnight. i came to see people diferently, put myself in their place. even driving when someone would cut me off and zip bye, i will pray that they make it safely. to the hospital, where aloved one might be, to their job interview, etc. u see, i have done the same to others. prayer is the key, the Holy Spirit opens the door.

Upvote 0

friendlyjames

Oct 13, 2012
✟15,144.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No one can stop sinning without the help of God. Jesus said no one comes to Him unless His Father sends them to Him. We are all sinners before God. After confession and taking Jesus' teaching literally. Jesus also said He is the cornerstone which most builders have rejected. How can you build without a cornerstone? Hypocrites! You are building on sand; the wind will blow your house. You can't do anything good without his presence in your life. Is is like saying your body can operate when your head is cut off. Beware that God is the Source of Light.

Upvote 0

sonny1293

Oct 26, 2012
✟1,582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one can stop sinning without the help of God. Jesus said no one comes to Him unless His Father sends them to Him. We are all sinners before God. After confession and taking Jesus' teaching literally. Jesus also said He is the cornerstone which most builders have rejected. How can you build without a cornerstone? Hypocrites! You are building on sand; the wind will blow your house. You can't do anything good without his presence in your life. Is is like saying your body can operate when your head is cut off. Beware that God is the Source of Light.

Thank you. You are right. I can't try to live a righteous life without him. This was really helpful. I will seek him more earnestly now.

Upvote 0