• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am struggling I need help is there anyone

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could give you sage advice that would make you feel better but I'm at a loss. My father died almost 5 years ago and I can tell you that it was the toughest time of my life. I was Daddy's girl and to lose him was like losing part of myself. I can tell you from my experience that although I miss my father very much, it has gotten better and I have been able to get on with my own life. The Lord was there with me all the way and having Him with me made it somewhat easier to get through the mourning period.
This is the time where you really need to be placing your trust in God. He loves you so much and wants you to lean on Him for comfort. Don't be afraid to cry. Its natural to mourn at this time. Death is hard on all those left behind.
I will be praying for you dear one.

cr

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember when my dad died, I was 19, and pregnant with his first grandson. I thought the pain would never go away. I can tell you that God does comfort you when you mourn. My son is now about to turn 27 next month, and he is such a joy to me. And, he looks a lot like my dad.

First of all, don't be ashamed to cry. That is what people in mourning do. You will go through a variety of grief stages. Denial, loss, anger are a few. Don't be surprised by them. If you need to talk to someone, find someone you can trust to let you just cry on their shoulder. Tell them up front that you know they can't fix it. You just need someone to talk to, and cry to.

Read the Psalms. David knew about loss, and he wrote about it. He also wrote about the faithfulness of God.

If you don't feel you are healing from the loss, there is nothing wrong with getting helpr from a counselor or therapist. Sometimes they can suggest things to help you work through your grief.

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
tjboie2001 said:
I am struggling with the loss of my mom is there anyone out there that has any advice for me or that wants to talk to me.
Theresa :hug:

I lost my grandfather October 3rd. :cry:
I still miss him terribly and yes, I am crying as I type this.

What I find as a comfortable was a friend that allowed me to talk about my grandfather.
I also did a couple of memorials for him...
One here at CF in the memorial forum.
And on my own website I did another memorial page and created memorial announcement.

It made me feel better thinking about him and everything he meant to me and the family.

Here are some scriptures that brought me comfort:
[bible]Proverbs 3:5-6[/bible]
[bible]Psalms 46:1[/bible]
[bible]Psalms 40:4[/bible]
[bible]Psalms 138:7[/bible]

Feel free to PM me if you just want to chat.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's very hard to lose a parent (I know), and the grieving process takes time.

Some people feel benefit in writing a letter that says the things they didn't get to say in this life.

Do take up the offer of PM conversations from some of the lovely people who responded, or post on OBOB if you have specifically Catholic questions.

God bless you, :groupray:

-- Radagast

Upvote 0

VivDaGurl

Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Loss is something that is very painful for any of us to bear with. I lost my grandmother January last year and it was so painful to me. I felt so bad because I had not been seeing her for so many years and after I visited her at the hospital, she left us four days later. I'm still very sad... :(

September last year, I lost one of the boy from the orphanage home I used to teach and my heart still aches. I missed him very much and I can never forget what happened to him and all my conversation with this 14 year old boy. For me, all the children in the orphanage home are my children.

You can PM me if you want to talk... :hug:

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tjboie2001 said:
I am struggling with the loss of my mom is there anyone out there that has any advice for me or that wants to talk to me.

Oh wow, I am so incredibly sorry. I know how that is to a certain extent. I lost my cousin a few years ago. It is incredibly hard sometimes just to make it through a day. He and I were very close. I will be praying for you and your family. :prayer: :hug:

Upvote 0

GMRELIC

Jan 30, 2004
texas
✟1,623.00
Faith
Christian
I lost my only son at age 15, last December. This year has been very very hard for me.
The things that have worked best for me have been to do projects in his honor. We have built a gazebo in our city park in his memory, I have givin money to the library, the cancer society society, and various other things in his memory, have sent flowers to the church, a few times in his memory, I do things to try to keep his memory alive in a very positive way, I have just started trying to talk to families who have lost children to accidents and violence since I have lost my son, I feel this is what God wants me to do, and this has also helped, and I pray, and pray, and pray. Some days it still seems like a nightmare to me, that it really didn't happen but then reality sets in
and I realize it is true, There are so many steps in the grieving process that we must go thru, to heal, and I have noticed that grief is like a tital wave, once you get knocked down by a wave and finally began to get back up, another wave will come and knock you back down again. Everyone experiences grief in different ways, but we all hurt, worse than we could ever imagine, but thru prayer, good deeds, and remembering the good times, helps pull us thru, God bless you, and my most sincere sympathy goes out to you, I will hold you in my prayers. Best wishes on your new journey in life. God will help guide you. and get you thru each day one second at a time.
GMRELIC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tjboie2001

I can forgive can you
Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
✟1,393.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
extreme_love_4_GOD said:
Theresa, you know im here for you. And i love you... :hug: Hang in there sweets.

Jo. :hug:
I know that you care Jo. But I am still hurting from this. I have lost faith in him and trust and i don't know how long it will take to get it back at all.

Upvote 0

Marie

Senior Veteran
Apr 8, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟18,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Theresa, I am so sorry for the loss of your mother.
:hug:

You know how to get ahold of me, and never hestitate to get ahold if me, ever. As much as I love you and care for you, God loves you more. He cares for you more. I know that may be hard to see, but He does. I definitely have advice for you, a couple of ears that are great for listening, and two shoulders to cry on. Tuesday?

:hug:

Upvote 0

S682

Dec 6, 2004
Turlock, California
✟990.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We all have suffered some kind of loss in our lives. You have lost someone you love dearly at a very young age, and know that we know it hurts immensely. We lift you up in prayer for caring and support from the Heavenly Father. You are not alone, and together we will grieve for our loved ones. God bless you....always.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bevlina

tjboie2001 said:
Thank you for posting in my thread here. But i am still hurting. And i have lost faith in god and i have lost his trust and i don't know when i will get it back at all.
TJ, you will hurt, you will cry, and you will feel lost and bewildered. I know it
all. I lost my husband in 1999, my Mum in 2002, My Dad last year. But, I clung to God. You see, it is when we are hurting that God is close. It is when we are grieving that He is close. If WE let Him.
To lose faith in God at such a time when you need Him so badly is sad. To lose your trust in God when He too knew what it was like to see a Son die a horrible death is sad.
Now is the time to let God hold you in His Arms and comfort you. Don't lose heart TJ. Trust in Him for He knows how you are suffering.:hug:

Upvote 0