✟396.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Hi
I am new to this blog and not sure where to go for discussion, I would like to post some post through my amanuensis owing to my sight problem, due in part to my diabetes. My brain is still sharp, but my 87-year-old body is holding me back, but with the help of my amanuenses, last count was I had four (4) I hope to post some discussions. Jero

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟917,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi
I am new to this blog and not sure where to go for discussion, I would like to post some post through my amanuensis owing to my sight problem, due in part to my diabetes. My brain is still sharp, but my 87-year-old body is holding me back, but with the help of my amanuenses, last count was I had four (4) I hope to post some discussions. Jero
Welcome!

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi
Welcome! Nice to meet you.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟14,058.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi
welcome Jero!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟810,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread had posts moved to a new thread in a better forum. Let's use this thread to welcome our new member.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Laeomis

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2024
✟5,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Jero,

I agree with the thread title. From what I understand what you are describing is not new. Some people follow the letters more than the Gospels and some people refer to this kind of Christian as a Pauline. Paul obviously contradicts Jesus multiple times in his letters. How I have decided to perform Christianity is by obeying Jesus and the Revelation first, and I take Paul with a grain of salt. I respect Paul, but I believe he damaged me and tried to oust me from Christianity first thing. Each one of his letters is written to a different type of peoples and they are to be differentiated from each other. Some people take advantage of how his letters were written to control and distort the Bible to do a lot of harm, and Paul even describes this type of person in his letters. I think Paulines can be good Christians if they perform that part of the Bible well with repentance and love, but those who use the Gospel first can be good Christians too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi @Laeomis
I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to have you join us here, where this topic has been moved, so we can have you show us where in scripture "Paul obviously contradicts Jesus multiple times in his letters".
Please join us, and provide us with that information, which many of us don't have.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,941,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello Jero (@Jero Jones), WELCOME TO CF :wave:

As far as what we know about Paul coming from Paul, that is true, but only in part, as we also have testimony about Paul from Luke, the human author of Luke and Acts, from some of the Apostles, like Peter, and from the mouth of the risen Lord Jesus Himself (I'll post a couple of quotes from others about Paul at the bottom of this post).

Since you are a humanist, it may be helpful for you to understand that Christians and the historic Christian church have always held that the Bible is the very word of God Himself, that it is His inspired or literally, "God-breathed" word to us .. e.g. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, and that its writing (by its 40+ human authors) was overseen (superintended) by the Holy Spirit, from Genesis all the way to Revelation, every jot and tittle, that is .. e.g. 2 Peter 1:20-21.

Therefore, the Epistles (of Paul and others) are considered to be no less and no more Holy Scripture than the Gospels and the Old Testament are.

God did this to make sure that His word, the Bible (which has been His principal means of communicating with His people for millennia now), said EXACTLY what He wanted it to say, for our sake.

I'm sure that you'd like to discuss this further, so it would probably be best for you to start a new thread and post several of Paul's statements that you disagree with there (and why) so that we can see exactly what you are talking about.

May God bless you as you seek to find Him and know Him!!

--David
p.s. - here's a verse and a short passage from others about the Apostle Paul if you'd care to read them (there are more, but this should do for now).

The first is from the Lord Jesus Himself. He was speaking about Saul (soon to be Paul) with Ananias, just before Paul regained his sight, was baptized (following his conversion) and began to preach Christ.

Acts 9
15 The Lord said to Ananias, “Go, for he (Saul/Paul) is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel.

Next is some of what the Apostle Peter has to say about him, in this case, about both Paul, and about the nature of the Epistles that he wrote in the Bible (that they were indeed, Holy Scripture, along with the rest of the Holy Bible).

2 Peter 3
15 Consider that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him.
16 He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Upvote 0

Laeomis

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2024
✟5,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi @Laeomis
I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to have you join us here, where this topic has been moved, so we can have you show us where in scripture "Paul obviously contradicts Jesus multiple times in his letters".
Please join us, and provide us with that information, which many of us don't have.

Thanks CoreyD,

I didn't know that the thread had been moved there, I was confused about the thread title. I thought this was the only thread. Sorry.

Reactions: CoreyD
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟810,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't know that the thread had been moved there, I was confused about the thread title. I thought this was the only thread. Sorry.
No worries, welcome! :)

I just edited this thread's title to better differentiate the two threads

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi
Welcome to the forum. May God guide you.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0