I am a Christian, but I dislike other Christians..& the church..& some of the pastors

DustPull

Nov 29, 2011
✟15,124.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some of you are just proving my point. I dont hate them i just dislike SOME of them. I mean if you were in a churh that forces you to belive that the world is ending tomorrow, would you believe in them and be spiritually disappointed when you find out the truth later on? And youre doin that in fear of being rejected or deemed as sinful? Or would you stand by ur own beliefs and have your own opinion for once? The church is sometimes too controlling of what you should or shouldnt believe in. Its like a school in which you have to obey or else you are considered to be an outcast.. And to be honest no offense but you older people are sometimes getting on my nerves because of how smart you think you are or somethig. Old christians can be really scary sometimes.

Upvote 0

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Some of you are just proving my point. I dont hate them i just dislike SOME of them. I mean if you were in a churh that forces you to belive that the world is ending tomorrow, would you believe in them and be spiritually disappointed when you find out the truth later on? And youre doin that in fear of being rejected or deemed as sinful? Or would you stand by ur own beliefs and have your own opinion for once? The church is sometimes too controlling of what you should or shouldnt believe in. Its like a school in which you have to obey or else you are considered to be an outcast.. And to be honest no offense but you older people are sometimes getting on my nerves because of how smart you think you are or somethig. Old christians can be really scary sometimes.

No one is saying that you shouldn't speak the truth or stand up for the truth but from the things you have said it seems like you view those people in a negative sense and that is what people are telling you that you cannot do.

The age thing is kinda important, I've been your age before you've never been my age. Assuming your younger than me.

Upvote 0

Dust, I cant stand reading some of the comments on this forum, but I still come back for some reason lol.

Everyone here believes something different and they try to push that "something different" on you to believe as well, like the guy saying you need to be baptised in the Holy Spirit. I have seen a church like that go belly up from some of the worst hypocrisy in a church I have ever seen.

You sound kind of like me and I would recommend a church that accepts "sinners". The ones that are gay-friendly I find have a best loving members, because it usually drives away all the haters lol.

The one I am going to now call me to ask if I need to talk(the non-judgemental kind). Make me food even if I dont need it and come up and talk to me when I stand alone after church. I have never in my life went to a church this friendly and caring about people that might be "outcasts".

Anyways, just my thoughts, you dont have to follow them.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What matters is what Christ thinks...

The trouble comes when people quit following Christ and make up their
own way in which to walk before God and then call their way, Christ's way.

Jesus spoke clearly about what EACH MAN is to do and how we are to
treat each other and love each other.

Christ never generalized His messages but brought them down to the
individual level, person to person, God to man.....Christ never
preached sermons to "churches" but to individual people because
it is the heart of man that God seeks to enter and dwell in.

Yes there is a lot of advice and people pick and choose but I try
and for the most part use the words of Christ and the Apostles
to base my advice on and even though I don't alway post the scripture
reference, I have them if anyone wants to know what I base my
opinions on.

Many give advice based on what they think or how they live
their lives and they rarely examine their advice as compared to
the words of Christ or Biblical teachings.

Christian advice is the name of this forum and so that is what I try to give.

Looking at others or yourself as compared to others, is a sure way to
bring discouragement and even derail your Christian walk.

Keeping your eyes of Jesus, reading His word, praying and asking for His wisdom and guidance
while examining your own heart as to it's openess and willingness to follow by surrendering
your life to Christ is the only sure way I know to ensure that you are truly on the right path
that Christ has given you to walk in this world.

Speaking the truth in love is far different....
from railing against people you lump together as "they" and
then using their faults and failures as an excuse to become dissatisfied
with Christ and His love walk.

Follow Christ and show others by example what is good and acceptable
before God and man and then your words of correction will have power
in them as you speak the truth in love....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm wondering why? I was born and raised as a Christian. I've always loved God and Jesus and believed in him and I loved the church because Christians were nice to me when I was a kid.
As I grow older (I'm 20), I can't help but to dislike other Christians. I feel like there is SO MUCH hypocrisy, so much ignorance in the Christian world that ut makes me not want to be a part of this whole constitution anymore. I still believe in God..and Jesus and the bible and what not.. but I can still accept other ideas such as Darwinism and the evolution theory.
Whenever I talk about these things with my fellow Christians, they always deem me as 'sinful' and don't have enough 'faith' in God. I'm not against or opposed to the idea of creation, however I also believe in the evolution or something else other than creation. I don't think that the world was 'created' 4 thousand years ago.. I mean really?

And sometimes Christians are just too stuck in their own 'Bible' world that they won't accept anything else other than the bible itself..
And sometimes when they talk, they contradict themselves so much yet they fail to realize that.. There is so much hypocrisy in this world it just angers me. It angers me because they don't realize it.. I mean I am a human, I make mistakes, I am not perfect -- there I admit it, why can't you?

1 Huge example of Christian contradiction - You say it's wrong and sinful to be gay and it's also wrong and sinful to judge others- yet countless Christians judge homosexuals and tell them that they're going to hell.. and blablabla you must repent yourself from homosexuality.. and even calling them '[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]s' . Does judging others who are sinful justify the fact that it is no less of a sin?

I am not gay by the way, I have a girlfriend. I have gay friends though and I think they are one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Also I hate Christian fanatics who go on Facebook claiming their love for Jesus and God, and desperately want others to know that they're devoted to God and that they are GOOD Christians.. Isn't there a passage in the bible that tells you to pray when you're alone in a room so that you don't brag about praying to let other people know you're a 'good' Christian? A lot of Christians 'show off' their love to God.. but I mean you don't have to confess your love to Him all the time on Facebook too... you might as well preach in real life..

Argh I don't know what's going on in my head right now.. I don't know what to believe anymore. I want to believe in God and Jesus but at the same time I don't want to be part of Christianity.. Is that possible?

Okay I wrote too much, I'm sorry. There's just so much I'm thinking about.. Hope you guys won't 'judge' me because of this post..

I honestly agree with you 100 percent, however, it is not my place to judge what they're doing. Yes, I get angry with them and frustrated by it...

but you have to remember people believe and worship in different ways. I don't read the Bible, I haven't for about 10-ish years now, and another Christian might live it and breathe it. Some people might think I'm going straight to Hell because of some of my piercings, a tattoo I'm getting and that I'm a biromantic asexual, while another Christian might think it's perfectly okay., etc.

This goes without saying, but it's not up to US to judge another person, it is only GOD who can judge us. Sure, it's hard not to, since we're only human and judging seems to be somehow inbred in us.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think how your feeling is that odd at all. Jesus hated hypocrisy himself. It's easy though to point fingers at others and not see the plank in our own eyes.

With the exception of the comment about a girlfriend (I've been married 18 years now) I could have written a similiar post that you have.

Upvote 0

Jn1010

ChWriter
Nov 23, 2011
✟15,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please forgive me for being blunt, and I don't mean to place you under condemnation. But I can tell that you're confused on the nature of God and His plan for mankind. You need to get into the Bible big time and study it for yourself. Find out what His plan is - sexuality, creation, and any other topic in our world today.

Do you really want to find truth? If your answer is yes, then you can find it by studying for yourself. But if you really have no desire to find truth, it really doesn't matter. If you're satisfied with each person saying what he believes is true without research, you will never find it.

Upvote 0

DustPull

Nov 29, 2011
✟15,124.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please forgive me for being blunt, and I don't mean to place you under condemnation. But I can tell that you're confused on the nature of God and His plan for mankind. You need to get into the Bible big time and study it for yourself. Find out what His plan is - sexuality, creation, and any other topic in our world today.

Do you really want to find truth? If your answer is yes, then you can find it by studying for yourself. But if you really have no desire to find truth, it really doesn't matter. If you're satisfied with each person saying what he believes is true without research, you will never find it.

I thought the point of religion is to believe in God and feel his presence, love, kindness, etc? What good will studying the bible do if you can't feel any of those things? I can ask a Muslim or an atheist or any scholar to study the bible thoroughly and they still won't believe in Him if they don't 'feel' it. Doesn't believing in God have to be natural and sincere? You can't force someone to believe in Him by telling them to 'study' the bible more to know the 'truth'. If this is the case, people who don't own a bible will all go to hell then? Newly christian converted elders who are dying on their beds in the hospitals won't be saved cause they have no knowledge about the bible then? That's absurd. You will find the 'truth' only IF He allows/lets you see the 'truth', either by reading the bible or not. *

As a matter of fact, I HAVE studied the bible, in a scholarly level. The way many people interpret the bible is completely different than the others. There are SO many scriptures from the bible (mainly from the old testament) that are interpreted differently in favor of the church and for preaching reasons. They tend to put 'words' into God's mouth or whatever the story is, and make it seem that He is a compassionate God. For example, in the book of Genesis, many Christians exaggerate the 'love' of God for humans, when actually, God wasn't all about 'love' up until Jesus shows up in the new testament. Show me a scripture in the Genesis that says God is a compassionate and a just God. If you look up to the stories of Jacob and the likes of him who commit sin, why do God favor them more than their brothers who do not commit sin? Why does He bless him more instead of Essau? There are *
more stories like that like when Abraham is negotiating with God about how many people should be sinless in order for Sodom to be saved.. How does He determine justice?etc..*
Why did the tree of life even exist in the garden of eden in the first place if God didn't want adam n eve to eat it? What is the purpose of the fruit of life if its not meant to be eaten? We all know if the garden exists forever and if they live forever, sooner or later the fruit will be eaten, it's inevitable. It's there for eternity. It's like you are leaving a piece of delicious candy infront of a baby for eternity and tell him/her not to eat it. * You cant expect him to not eat it forever.. Sooner or later it will * eventually be eaten..
So some of you say it's God's way to test adam and eves obedience in Him. Why did God doubt them in the first place? When you eat the fruit of life , you will have all the knowledge in the world, including the good and the bad. If 'bad' already existed even before Eve ate the apple, what * was the purpose of the knowledge of 'bad' for existing then? Did God actually want adam and eve to eventually eat the fruit in fear that they will become more powerful than God? *
See we can all interpret the bible in our own ways and have different understanding of it. That's actually what you get from studying it thoroughly, you get to see the literal, literature meaning of it.

Us Christians tend to twist some of the bible's exact words and interpret it on our own, putting more sugar into it so it sounds 'better' , to
make God sound nicer..*

See if you study the bible, it doesn't really do anything if God doesn't show Himself to you. *
What will happen to those people who live alone and are uneducated with the bible but can feel the presence of God and worship Him? * Etc

Please think outside the box once in a while. Some of you are really like those old Christians who denied gravity and science and believed earth is the center of this galaxy and only believed in the bible. Are you too stubborn to face 'reality'? And yeah age really does matter, notice the older you are the stricter you become with religion and * more stubborn. Younger people are usually
more open minded and less stubborn. * And yes I am judging some of you right now, oh well I'm sorry. But hey, * if i pray to Jesus and ask for His mercy, He will forgive me
of my judging ways and cleanse my sins right? Guess I'll do just that tonight. *

I'm sorry for my rants. I guess I'm just frustrated with myself and religion I guess. I'm still trying to find my identity. And it's really nice how some of you guys can relate to me and know how I feel. I respect & appreciate that, thanks. Thought I was walking into the lion's den and was about to be bombarded by bible passages all the time haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well brother, be encouraged, continue to pursue the Lord as you know best and you will always have a friend in me :) these troubles won't last always. Our deliverance is coming.

Godbless you and keep the faith. We are family, even if I fail you, I will never leave you and ask that you never leave me.

Upvote 0

Thusia Zao

Living Sacrifice
Dec 1, 2011
California
✟15,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can relate to this, DustPull.

And the best answer I can give you is. As humans we are not perfect. We will always "fall short of the glory of God". Man, I have done that so many times even with what you mentioned, hypocrisy.

The fact of the matter is, we have to find the strength the Spirit gives us in order to love each other even when those things bother us. Imagine Jesus coming down to Earth and seeing us in our imperfection... He must've seen the worst of it through His perspective, yet He STILL loved us and carried the weight of our sins to the cross.

Bless your heart, DustPull, I know it means well. May you see the light in others and may you be able to allow God to push past the hurt in this world to reach out and fill the cups of many.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

3rdHeaven

Truth Seeker
Nov 23, 2011
✟1,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought the point of religion is to believe in God and feel his presence, love, kindness, etc? What good will studying the bible do if you can't feel any of those things? I can ask a Muslim or an atheist or any scholar to study the bible thoroughly and they still won't believe in Him if they don't 'feel' it. Doesn't believing in God have to be natural and sincere? You can't force someone to believe in Him by telling them to 'study' the bible more to know the 'truth'. If this is the case, people who don't own a bible will all go to hell then? Newly christian converted elders who are dying on their beds in the hospitals won't be saved cause they have no knowledge about the bible then? That's absurd. You will find the 'truth' only IF He allows/lets you see the 'truth', either by reading the bible or not. *

As a matter of fact, I HAVE studied the bible, in a scholarly level. The way many people interpret the bible is completely different than the others. There are SO many scriptures from the bible (mainly from the old testament) that are interpreted differently in favor of the church and for preaching reasons. They tend to put 'words' into God's mouth or whatever the story is, and make it seem that He is a compassionate God. For example, in the book of Genesis, many Christians exaggerate the 'love' of God for humans, when actually, God wasn't all about 'love' up until Jesus shows up in the new testament. Show me a scripture in the Genesis that says God is a compassionate and a just God. If you look up to the stories of Jacob and the likes of him who commit sin, why do God favor them more than their brothers who do not commit sin? Why does He bless him more instead of Essau? There are *
more stories like that like when Abraham is negotiating with God about how many people should be sinless in order for Sodom to be saved.. How does He determine justice?etc..*
Why did the tree of life even exist in the garden of eden in the first place if God didn't want adam n eve to eat it? What is the purpose of the fruit of life if its not meant to be eaten? We all know if the garden exists forever and if they live forever, sooner or later the fruit will be eaten, it's inevitable. It's there for eternity. It's like you are leaving a piece of delicious candy infront of a baby for eternity and tell him/her not to eat it. * You cant expect him to not eat it forever.. Sooner or later it will * eventually be eaten..
So some of you say it's God's way to test adam and eves obedience in Him. Why did God doubt them in the first place? When you eat the fruit of life , you will have all the knowledge in the world, including the good and the bad. If 'bad' already existed even before Eve ate the apple, what * was the purpose of the knowledge of 'bad' for existing then? Did God actually want adam and eve to eventually eat the fruit in fear that they will become more powerful than God? *
See we can all interpret the bible in our own ways and have different understanding of it. That's actually what you get from studying it thoroughly, you get to see the literal, literature meaning of it.

Us Christians tend to twist some of the bible's exact words and interpret it on our own, putting more sugar into it so it sounds 'better' , to
make God sound nicer..*

See if you study the bible, it doesn't really do anything if God doesn't show Himself to you. *
What will happen to those people who live alone and are uneducated with the bible but can feel the presence of God and worship Him? * Etc

Please think outside the box once in a while. Some of you are really like those old Christians who denied gravity and science and believed earth is the center of this galaxy and only believed in the bible. Are you too stubborn to face 'reality'? And yeah age really does matter, notice the older you are the stricter you become with religion and * more stubborn. Younger people are usually
more open minded and less stubborn. * And yes I am judging some of you right now, oh well I'm sorry. But hey, * if i pray to Jesus and ask for His mercy, He will forgive me
of my judging ways and cleanse my sins right? Guess I'll do just that tonight. *

I'm sorry for my rants. I guess I'm just frustrated with myself and religion I guess. I'm still trying to find my identity. And it's really nice how some of you guys can relate to me and know how I feel. I respect & appreciate that, thanks. Thought I was walking into the lion's den and was about to be bombarded by bible passages all the time haha.

Hypocrisy? You think Christians have a monopoly on it? Better take another look around my friend, there is pollution on both sides of the river!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Forgiven828

Jun 25, 2011
FL
✟8,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will always pursue Him. Don't worry and thanks for the support. I'm sorry if i offended any of you, I was just frustrated with our religion. Needed to vent

I know that I, too, have times that I need to vent.

Isn't it a great thing that we have this forum to share our thoughts with others who Love the Lord? What a blessing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thusia Zao

Living Sacrifice
Dec 1, 2011
California
✟15,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will always pursue Him. Don't worry and thanks for the support. I'm sorry if i offended any of you, I was just frustrated with our religion. Needed to vent

Just remember that you needn't get to caught up in the workings of "religion". I like to think that Christianity is not a religion but more so a bunch of relationships with God.

If you think about it that way, your brothers and sisters in Christ who are living in hypocrisy and are not living the way God intended seem less offensive but MORE sad and lost. This shows you how tempting giving into our sinful nature as humans is and how hopeless we are as humans.

This should prompt you even more to love on everyone around you, even the struggling Christians. And as a strong Christian you are, help them out!

In all things, I hope you the best and I hope God blesses you in your thoughts and actions as you deal with these people in your life.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have eye (I) trouble....you have your eyes on yourself and on others.

You never mention Christ's name once except in a accusation against those
that are called by His name.

You generalize about people with the term "they" as if all people that you "hate"
fall into your mold of who you have decided "they" are.

You have no depth or root in Christ.

If you did have depth in Christ, you would not be fustrated and talking about others negatively as
you extoll all your own virtuous wisdom of how others have it all wrong.

You say you admit your faults but you don't see or admit the ones that are
right before your eyes that you have been blinded to because
your eyes are no longer on Christ but your eyes are on yourself and others.

You say you are a Christian and then you hate those called by His name.

You say that you admit your faults and then beat all others over the
head because "they" are not as spiritual as you are.

You really don't have a clue.

You are very religious and blind to the call of God in Christ on your
own life to love others as Chrsit has loved you.

God did not call you to be Him.

God does not call you to the minstry of judging anothers servant (those that belong to Christ).

These people you malign belong to God and He loves them
absolutely even with their sins, imperfection and hypocrisy.

God asks that you would look at others as He has looked upon you as an
imperfect man who still sins and is sinning even now but who God
loves and died for and has pardoned and given eternal life to you as
you seek to grab other Christians by the throat and shake some of your
sense into them.

You must change...
Those around you are not in your power to change but if you are willing,
God can give you the heart of Christ that moves you from hate to love and causes
you to go down on your knees for those that you believe have missed God's purposes
and then you can lay down your own life and do it right before God and men to
show others the right way of walking in love and humility before God and man.

We are to love even our enemies.
Love the person but hate the sin.
Overcome evil with good and the Love of God.

Pray and surrender your life and stop being a hypocrit and put your life where you
say all those who follow Christ should be...

You have a long way to go to get back down to your knees and repent
from your attitudes that you have allowed to creep into your own cold and hardened heart.
Get your eyes off others and yourself and place them back onto the Lord
who has delivered you from your own evil self as He calls you to look on Him,
behold Him and be transformed by what you behold....

No anger on my part because I have been where you are and
I know how miserable you are but the problem is not with others. it is YOU.....
Your old self must die if you want the life and life abundantly that Christ
offers all who will be healed of their eye trouble.

I Love you and I am a Christian....
May God bless and keep you and guide you to His truth
Did I cross the line?
Is advice painful at times when it exposes the truth.
Is this hateful advice on my part?

(the original title of the thread had the word hate in it when I responded)

Upvote 0