I am a Christian and I am stuck

qbit

qbit
Mar 18, 2004
✟7,664.00
Faith
Christian
Mk 16:15-16: "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned."

A Christian should love his neighbour as himself; the ultimate example is Christ who laid down his life for us. It's my Christian Duty to spread this Good News to all the world.

God is very fair, initially a person from a Hindu country must have the same chance of going to heaven as a person from a Christian country. But once he hears and understands the message of Christ's gift he has to make a critical decision; reject it or accept it.

The probability that a person over a certain age accepts a new faith is very low. So in many cases we should not pass the Christian message on because the message could force a friend to make a critical decision that is likely to send him to Hell. His chances for Heaven are better if he does not know.

I love my neighbour, I want to save as many people as possible so I will not spread the Good News to the world. I would rather go to Hell myself then risk damning a friend by passing on information that is statistically likely to lead him to make a decision that will send him to Hell.

I should provide people with information, but the information is likely to hurt them and I don't want that because I love them!

If a person could have been saved by not hearing, such as a Hindu and hearing forces people to make a choice that is more likely to be the wrong choice, then hearing is bad for him.

I can stop people from hearing and it may help them. So I will sacrifice my own salvation because I love them!

Why did God give us a mind to think it limits my faith?

My problem is that there may be no truly self-sacrificing Christians in Heaven?

Is this true, I am stuck?

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
jo-shmo said:
It seems as if perhaps you have a problem with the idea of an eternal flaming hell. If thats so, then good. IMO the good news isn't 'hey, accept Jesus and you won't spend eternity writhing in flame'.
So Jesus wouldn't matter if not for Hell?

Upvote 0

jo-shmo

God doesn't like boxes
Apr 10, 2003
Visit site
✟9,567.00
Faith
Christian
MoonlessNight said:
So Jesus wouldn't matter if not for Hell?
Now don't go assuming that I don't think hell exists. I believe that it does and that Jesus can save you from it. However I don't hold that it is 1)eternal, unless of course you wish to stay for all eternity 2)flaming 3) forced on us by God.

Reactions: Heathen Dawn
Upvote 0
S

Scorpio

qbit said:
Mk 16:15-16: "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned."

A Christian should love his neighbour as himself; the ultimate example is Christ who laid down his life for us. It's my Christian Duty to spread this Good News to all the world.

God is very fair, initially a person from a Hindu country must have the same chance of going to heaven as a person from a Christian country. But once he hears and understands the message of Christ's gift he has to make a critical decision; reject it or accept it.

The probability that a person over a certain age accepts a new faith is very low. So in many cases we should not pass the Christian message on because the message could force a friend to make a critical decision that is likely to send him to Hell. His chances for Heaven are better if he does not know.

I love my neighbour, I want to save as many people as possible so I will not spread the Good News to the world. I would rather go to Hell myself then risk damning a friend by passing on information that is statistically likely to lead him to make a decision that will send him to Hell.

I should provide people with information, but the information is likely to hurt them and I don't want that because I love them!

Youre not stuck, "let those who have ears hear." Meaning that God will draw them near if they absorb the gospel and seek, and as "could" be alluded to, may be part of the elect.

If you are preaching sound doctrine, then you are doing Gods will. :)

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There have been many that have come to salvation from other religions due to the fact that people have given them the tools to make that decision, let God worry about what and who and you just take care of your relationship with Him. He'll lead the way you should go. Relax.

Upvote 0

Lifesaver

Fides et Ratio
Jan 8, 2004
São Paulo, Brazil
✟16,097.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think God is as legalistic as that, my friend. Rather, He is just and merciful.

Go ahead, tell your friends about Him. Be an example of how better God has made you, and how happy you are with it.

Never hearing about God is no guarantee of going to Heaven, and having heard about Him and not converting is no guarantee of going to Hell.

Reactions: E-beth
Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
I have asked a similar question, and although I have yet to recieve a good answer from fundementalists, the best general answer I have heard is that god is Just. Thus he will either make sure that everyone has a fair chance to learn about Jesus or that being christian is not the only way into heaven, as it might be possible for Jesus to be in someones heart without them realizing it. Along the same thinking that someone can be christian yet act as if Jesus was not in their heart.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
I think what you are worried about is one of the things that draws a lot of Christians away from faith... hell. If you believe God is a just and fair God, do you think He would send people to hell just because you informed them of Christ, but they couldn't bring themselves to convert?

I don't believe people go to heaven or hell based on luck. That is, that they were lucky enough to choose the right faith or born into the right religion. Worrying about getting people into the right religion is very difficult and straining for a lot of Christians. I really don't think that is something God would want to put on Christians. That we should love others and share our faith, if they reject it, perhaps it is not the end of the world for them.

Remember that you faith is one of love, don't let fear stop you from sharing it with others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
qbit said:

If a person could have been saved by not hearing, such as a Hindu and hearing forces people to make a choice that is more likely to be the wrong choice, then hearing is bad for him.

I can stop people from hearing and it may help them. So I will sacrifice my own salvation because I love them!

Why did God give us a mind to think it limits my faith?

So then, it's better to ensure that somoene goes to Hell by not giving them the Gospel than to preach the Gospel to them and present them with God's offer of reconiliation?

In any event, you're forgetting the most important reason to evangelize: because Jesus told you to!

Upvote 0

qbit

qbit
Mar 18, 2004
✟7,664.00
Faith
Christian
God will not force a person to go to Heaven if he chooses not to for some reason. Therefore our choice effects weather we go to heaven or not because we can choose not to. Is this not the same for every one? There choice effects weather they go to heaven because they can choose not to? God will not force us agaist our will. We choose by using our minds our minds analyse how we feel and the information we have. I feel responsible for how I influence others I would not leave a gun around if I think a person may use it.

Based on my influence they could find out about christ and then once they have found out they may choose to reject christ? Before they discover christ they didn't even know about Christ so they could not reject him which is better then rejecting him.

Not knowing about Christ is better for them then if they rejecting him!

1. Why did God give us free Choice

2. Why did God give us a Brain

Upvote 0