• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hypergraphia and ASD

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Get me near a forum with algorithms of threads !!!

Who tells you what's excessive anyway? (Why would people disapprove of something harmless instead of harmful)

Donna Williams pointed out perseveration happens because we hadn't yet developed a skill in initiative taking.

I sometimes alternate tasks every 30 minutes, and sometimes every 90 seconds.

That way excessive (filling in blanks) gets a look in, but so does everything else as well !!!

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone with Autism experience Hypergraphia (writing or drawing excessively).

It does not necessarily need to be creative or structured.
Do you mean it takes up time you could spend resting, or alternating it with something else?
Interesting. Not familiar with that.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Do you mean it takes up time you could spend resting, or alternating it with something else?
Not necessarily. It's more of an intense desire to write and write and write. To document everything.

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Then it's creative, even if it's non-fictional. Set yourself up with simple materials / procedures. On file in laptop, or pieces of paper and pencil (keep paper & pencil by your bed). Rudimentary filing system or piles.

I have a "pile" for philosophy, history and science, one for words, and one for spirituality, dreams (very few) and jokes. And a fourth one for Youtube channels / reading list to perhaps look up another time. If I write in two places I indicate this alongside.

I've never heard this called "hypergraphia" before! I write things I've seen, things I've thought of, or potted versions of my reading / viewing of videos. Your imagination is the laboratory atop your shoulders, for investigating everything. If I overlap previous topics, I paraphrase a new way each time, practising my vocab. But that's just me!

Christians need more: philosophy, imagination, repetition (only not the vain kinds).

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0