Humans have about 15 years left on this planet?

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't read the post, but it looks to me like it's not saying the earth ends in 15 years, but that if we don't stop climate change within 15 years things will be irreversible. BUt who cares about science and reality huh? WHo cares that majority of scientists agree, who cares that the weather has been objectively worse over the last decade. We don't know how bad it was 3000 years ago!!!. You guys are a joke, things are getting worse and you rather ignore it then face reality.
It's post #9. I took the two current "Climate Clocks" that are counting down the days to when we reach 1.5 deg C. I converted those countdowns to dates, 12/30/2027 and 1/24/2033, respectively.

Which do you believe?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟254,129.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m not sure why you believe this nonsense. As I seem to recall, Al Gore said our coastal cities would be flooded by now. Apparently, there is now three times the ice pack compared to when we first started tracking it.
It does not matter what Al Gore says. It matters what appropriately qualified experts say.

And they are pretty unanimous - we have a problem.

Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does not matter what Al Gore says. It matters what appropriately qualified experts say..
It's true, although algore was once considered an expert, it turned out he was just one ginormous bag of hypocritical [hot] air.

But since we're apparently talking about "qualified experts" now, maybe I should start a poll - what do YOU think our date-o-doom is - 12/30/2027 or 1/24/2033?

Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone brought back the algore?

I though he went away when people finally stopped questioning if we were even warming at all.
No, he went away when his bag-o-hot-air burst and caused some of the current heat we're experiencing. ;)

Upvote 0

CatsRule2020

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟91,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think more like 2025 will have to be the year the nations of the world will have to dead-stop the emissions. After that year, it looks like it will be all over. The oceans will claim the the shorelines inland for miles. No lakes left (all dried up), trickles of water where rivers used to run. Food available mostly on the black market. Electricity available 1 day per week for 6hrs. Showers and stool flushing will be only a luxury of the rich.
The politicians know this but they are so beholden to the corporations responsible for all this that they are simply their mud mats.
We are not to put God to the test, but it is looking like it is going to be His call to either heal the planet or roll it up and take His children home.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Padres1969

Episcopalian
Nov 28, 2015
San Diego
✟28,176.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m not sure why you believe this nonsense. As I seem to recall, Al Gore said our coastal cities would be flooded by now. Apparently, there is now three times the ice pack compared to when we first started tracking it.
Where are you getting this nonsense?

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,573.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does not matter what Al Gore says. It matters what appropriately qualified experts say.

And they are pretty unanimous - we have a problem.

That is not a fact...

There are plenty of top scientists that do not buy into imminent catastrophe by carbon.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟155,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, God did plan earth's demise. And humanity's demise here as well. Yet there will certainly be deniers of His will. I recall those people in Revelation denying their sins even as folks are dying from plagues and pestilence in front of their very eyes. These are some of the same people denying climate change and its consequences. I simply trust God not men. Today is a good day....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟1,001,792.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Warming will come fast, as the human caused greenhouse effect triggers cascading heat trapping gas releases from the melting arctic.

But it wont come lightning fast. There will likely be time to set up protein tank farms (per Blade Runner 2049) and other mitigations to make human life on a burning planet feasible, if unpleasant.

Alternatively we might see China unilaterally implement engineered heat shielding solutions to prevent their global food supply chain from disintegrating.

If all else fails there's always Soylent Green. :eek:

OB

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How long to save the planet from climate catastrophe? This clock is ticking down

The old saying; "I always thought I had more time."

If reports have been correct the last 15 years, we are extremely near the end of the point of no return. Nations showed very little interest in curbing emissions as that would affect their GNP and lower their image of strength in the eyes of the rest of the world.
This could be why we are hearing and seeing more verbiage of there existing water on Mars and possibly other planets, when we have known for 50 years that this was not the case. Instead of tackling the problem, some countries put their hopes in space stations. We will probably be inundated with news concerning this till the end of our time.

It has now become problem right up on our doorstep now and this problem must be addressed before any social problem. Hopefully before we have to send cooling devises out west and to Washington state and Oregon. Lord help us.....northern Minnesota.
Hold up! AOC said we had 12 years left.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟222,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right now I'm sitting in record 100+F temps in Washington state. Thousands of years ago, this same spot was covered in 3,000 feet of ice and snow. I wonder what caused that to melt? I guess global warming has been going on for a while now... o_O

Upvote 0