Dec 8, 2013
New York
✟1,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Janette...ikz - What Will It Take - YouTube

This is a poem from a young Christian woman who was a victim of severe sexual abuse and human trafficking when she was a little girl. I really encourage you to listen to at least the first couple of mins. It is a real eye opening message.

Warning: it can get a bit graphic and disturbing at parts but very necessary and real.

Evangelos

Dec 18, 2011
✟15,282.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I found it interesting that you've posted this here on the Orthodox forum. It's almost like you knew just how indolent our bishops are to these appalling enterprises and how dirty money is often propping up the one true and apostolic church. The attitude of, "as long as its not my little girl" on that stage displaying herself like a piece of meat or in the back rooms servicing men is what keeps this industry alive and well.

Its nearly endemic in certain ethnic groups that have transplanted their cultural center; IE: the Parish from the old country to the USA. One could find a man respected in his community who actually sells people. Perhaps someone who sits on a board or is a trustee of a Church. Hell it may as well be the priests or bishops who sit there and do nothing.

Law enforcement will tell you that you don't have to look far from the strip clubs to find the trafficked.

By our fruits will you know us...

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Evangelos, this happens around the world in all kinds of ethnic groups. There have been cases, yes, in the Church, and there have been cases in many other Christian churches and other religions. There have been many cases of corrupt and dirty law enforcement individuals and small groups, as well as in any position of authority or trust, such as teachers, psychologists, doctors, etc. Let's not paint everyone in one group as human sex traffickers.

Upvote 0