Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brandon

717962zlcvkluhxt.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]There was once a dad who had a three-year-old son [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]named Brandon. One day, Brandon sees his dad [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]eating chocolate chip cookies in the living room and [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]says to himself, "Daddy loves chocolate chip [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]cookies with milk. So I'm going to give Daddy a glass[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]of milk." With that thought Brandon goes into the [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]dining room and drags a chair from the dining room [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]into the kitchen, leaving a trail of scratch marks on [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]the floor.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]Brandon climbs up on the chair and hitches himself [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]onto the counter to pull at the cabinet door. Wham! [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]It smashes against the adjacent cabinet door, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]leaving a gash where the handle hit it. Brandon [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]reaches for a glass, accidentally knocking two [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]others off the shelf. Crash! Tinkle, tinkle! But [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]Brandon doesn't care. He's thinking, "I'm going to [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]get Daddy some milk!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]Meanwhile, Brandon's dad is watching all this, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]wondering if he should step in and save the rest of [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]his kitchen. He decides, for the moment, to watch a [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]little more as Brandon scrambles off the chair, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]dodging the pieces of broken glass, and heads for [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]the refrigerator.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]Pulling violently on the refrigerator door, Brandon [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]flings it wide open - and it stays open, of course. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]Brandon puts the glass on the floor - out of harm's [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]way, supposedly - and grabs, not the little half [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]gallon of milk, but the big gallon container that is full[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]of milk. He rips open the top, pours it in the vicinity [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]of the glass, and even manages to get some milk in [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]the glass. The rest goes all over the floor.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]Finally done, Brandon puts the milk carton on the [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]floor and picks up the glass yelling, "Daddy, I got [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]something for you!" He runs into the living room, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]trips, and spills milk all over the place - the floor, the[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]sofa, his dad.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]Brandon stands up and looks around. He sees [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]broken glass, milk everywhere, cabinets open, his [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]dad with milk from his eyebrows to his toes, and [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]starts to cry. Through his tears, he looks up at his [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]dad with that pained expression that says, "What [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]are you going to do to me?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]His dad only smiles. He doesn't see a kid that just [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]destroyed his house. Instead he sees a beautiful [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]little boy whom he loves very much. It doesn't [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]matter what he's done. Brandon's dad stretches his [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]arms out to hold his little boy tight and says, "This is[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]my son!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]When we talk about God as our Father, the kind of [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]father we're talking about is Brandon's father. God is[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]a father who loves us unconditionally, even though [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]we make a real mess of things. Jesus told a similar [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]story about another son who messed up. We call the[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]story "The Son". It also could be called "The Parable [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]of the Loving Father" because, just like Brandon's [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]dad, the father in the story threw his arms around [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]his son and said, "This is my son!" (See Luke 15:11-[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]32)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, sans serif]Author Unknown[/FONT]

Upvote 0

4Everloved

Legend
Apr 18, 2007
Tennessee, USA
✟36,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
icon10.gif

"Hallelujah! Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever.

Who can declare the Lord's mighty acts or proclaim all the praise due Him?

How happy are those who uphold justice, who practice righteousness at all times.

Remember me, Lord, when You show favor to Your people. Come to me with Your salvation so that I may enjoy the prosperity of Your chosen ones, rejoice in the joy of Your nation and heritage."

Psalms 106:1-4

God bless you today.:clap:

Upvote 0