Status
Not open for further replies.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
I have my own ideas but I would like to hear from you. I was talking about weeping over Jesus' passion etc. thanks!

What do you think of this passage then? Shouldn’t it change your perspective a little? In the following, Jesus is not looking for our sympathy, but for our repentance and faith. Why else would he say to the daughters of Jerusalem to not weep for him, but for themselves? So that they may be saved from judgment...

Luke 23:27-31 And there followed him a great multitude of the people and of women who were mourning and lamenting for him. (28) But turning to them Jesus said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. (29) For behold, the days are coming when they will say, ’Blessed are the barren and the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ (30) Then they will begin to say to the mountains, ’Fall on us, ’ and to the hills, ’Cover us.’ (31) For if they do these things when the wood is green, what will happen when it is dry?"

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have my own ideas but I would like to hear from you. I was talking about weeping over Jesus' passion etc. thanks!

What do you think of this passage then? Shouldn’t it change your perspective a little? In the following, Jesus is not looking for our sympathy, but for our repentance and faith. Why else would he say to the daughters of Jerusalem to not weep for him, but for themselves? So that they may be saved from judgment...

Luke 23:27-31 And there followed him a great multitude of the people and of women who were mourning and lamenting for him. (28) But turning to them Jesus said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. (29) For behold, the days are coming when they will say, ’Blessed are the barren and the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ (30) Then they will begin to say to the mountains, ’Fall on us, ’ and to the hills, ’Cover us.’ (31) For if they do these things when the wood is green, what will happen when it is dry?"

This is a prophecy and it had a meaning that at the time it was spoken had not come to pass and it has another meaning that has not yet come to pass.

The green wood being cut is what will offend those of Judaism. History can speak for itself.

mathew 3:
10 "The axe is already laid at the root of the trees; therefore every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

and-

Isaiah 5:

25 On this account the anger of the LORD has burned against His people, And He has stretched out His hand against them and struck them down. And the mountains quaked, and their corpses lay like refuse in the middle of the streets. For all this His anger is not spent, But His hand is still stretched out.

and the 2nd part of the prophecy will come to pass soon.

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Bolded part is interesting. Sounds like today's attitude.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.