yod

the wandering goy
Sep 6, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Messianic
Man, I wish every one could be a member of my home congregation. We had THE best Purim Party of all time tonight.

I went hungry but was stuffed within 15 minutes of being there. Oy! Tuna, turkey & cheese, pimento...and my favorite Peanut Butter and Jelly. They even had jelly donuts...but that is just the first table. Next table has the largest assortment of fresh hamantashen in my memory.

In the fellowship hall, you could buy tickets for a quarter to go to the moonjump or get a balloon twisted into a monkey. Or just buy candy!

At 7:30 we shut that down and went into the main sanctuary for the Magid.

My 8 year old daughter opened the play with Esthers Song (from Veggie Tales) and got a standing ovation from about 600 people for her debut performance. Gosh, she was good and daddy was so proud.

This year they did the story to "fiddler on the roof". They did a weird thing though come to think of it.....Haman somehow got saved by Yeshua and they didn't have to hang him. The room is so big that I couldn't hear everything that was being said up there so I don't know much more than that....

Darn. I was looking for blood.

But those .25 tickets? Every penny went to helping the poor of Israel and we raised over $1,400 in just tickets. Then we put a basket out for anyone who wants to add to that total. So we had a great time and raised a few thousand for the poor of Israel.....and I got to watch my daughter sing like the angels.

Ah...

MyLittleWonders

Crunchy Mommy!
Jan 27, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟1,265.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I wish I was there ... that sounds like a blast! And bravo to your daughter ... things that make a Daddy proud. :)

Thursday night my husband and I actually got a date - we went to a coffee house and read the story of Esther. Then we came home and tried to make Hamantaschen but I put a little too much jelly in them and they boiled over. But they still tasted good - I just didn't share them with my neighbors like I had intended.

Today at shul, our rabbi taught on Esther - included the covenant given to Abram about those who bless you I will bless and those that curse you I will curse. Sped a few years ahead to King Saul who didn't kill Agag even though God told him too ... sped up a few years to Haman ... an Agagite. Interesting how it all fits together, huh?!

Hey, during the play, did they keep yelling out "TRADITION"?! My husband and I love that line from Fiddler on the Roof! ;)

Upvote 0

Mikhail

Jan 29, 2005
Melbourne
✟15,989.00
Faith
Messianic
yod said:
Man, I wish every one could be a member of my home congregation. We had THE best Purim Party of all time tonight.

I went hungry but was stuffed within 15 minutes of being there. Oy! Tuna, turkey & cheese, pimento...and my favorite Peanut Butter and Jelly. They even had jelly donuts...but that is just the first table. Next table has the largest assortment of fresh hamantashen in my memory.

In the fellowship hall, you could buy tickets for a quarter to go to the moonjump or get a balloon twisted into a monkey. Or just buy candy!

At 7:30 we shut that down and went into the main sanctuary for the Magid.

My 8 year old daughter opened the play with Esthers Song (from Veggie Tales) and got a standing ovation from about 600 people for her debut performance. Gosh, she was good and daddy was so proud.

This year they did the story to "fiddler on the roof". They did a weird thing though come to think of it.....Haman somehow got saved by Yeshua and they didn't have to hang him. The room is so big that I couldn't hear everything that was being said up there so I don't know much more than that....

Darn. I was looking for blood.

But those .25 tickets? Every penny went to helping the poor of Israel and we raised over $1,400 in just tickets. Then we put a basket out for anyone who wants to add to that total. So we had a great time and raised a few thousand for the poor of Israel.....and I got to watch my daughter sing like the angels.

Ah...

That's great Yod sounds like lot's of fun, which congregation is it that you go too. I will make a note to look it up when I get an opportunity to go to Israel.
Shalom,
MIkhail

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
We ( and others here) are in the feast of unleavened bread right now so all those goodies are taboo to us. :) Last night while watching many a "Easter/Resurrection" movie I was contemplating how the Christians got it exactly right for once and the Jews are a month behind, They are celebrating their Salvation by a Jewish Queen and the Christians and those who go by the Aviv month are celebrating the Salvation by THE KING of Israel, the HOLY one, blessed is He!

They fasted in Shushan for 3 days, and he lay in the grave for 3 days, indeed those were a dark three days, in Shushan, and Jerusalem, and Egypt, at just this time, thousands of years ago.

I did not go to the speil our congregation had yesterday, but I heard we were having a true Jewish/Persia Queen play the part of Esther.

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
That is indeed odd, for if King Saul would have done exactly as the L-RD said, then there wouldn't have been a Haman to start with to terrorize Israel so many years later. So with that in mind what would have happened to a "Saved" Haman and his offspring?

They did a weird thing though come to think of it.....Haman somehow got saved by Yeshua and they didn't have to hang him.

Upvote 0

yod

the wandering goy
Sep 6, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Messianic
That is an interesting thought...

If the nations had been ready for Messiah when He came, then the jews would NOT have gotten all the blame when He laid His life down. It is convenient to say that "they" denied Him and release all gentiles from culpability though Kefa (Peter) makes sure to point out that the "gentiles rage" in Acts 4 (quoting Psalm 2).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Wags said:
I saw video of one a few years ago from a congregatin in AZ - that had Glen Campbell and Alice Cooper in the play. (Yup the real guys) It was absolutely hillarious!
hehehe, anytime you have Glen Cambell and Alice Cooper on the same stage it's bound to be absoulutely hillarious!! Poor Alice, thinking school's out forever. Wonder what he though when Yeshua the Rabbi rang the bell and said, "forever just got a whole lot shorter, come let's go up to the mountian, your 'PENCIL's' are waiting^_^ and your homework has been piling up!!"

Upvote 0

Wags

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2004
Oregon
✟12,463.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
shimshon said:
hehehe, anytime you have Glen Cambell and Alice Cooper on the same stage it's bound to be absoulutely hillarious!! Poor Alice, thinking school's out forever. Wonder what he though when Yeshua the Rabbi rang the bell and said, "forever just got a whole lot shorter, come let's go up to the mountian, your 'PENCIL's' are waiting^_^ and your homework has been piling up!!"

I'm trying to remember - I think Alice played Hamman, but I'm not positive. I know Glen Campbell considers himself a messianic believer. (He and his wifes testimony is in the book Take Hold) Not sure if Alice is also messianic, or if he is just a friend of Rabbi Jack Zimmerman.

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
I figured when I read that , that Alice had to have been Haman. I saw awhile back he did a movie called Peter and Paul, in it he played the sorcerer in Paphos, named Barjesus.

I understand he became a believer ( Christian) awhile back, although I recall this past fall he was doing a commercial for , I think, Staples and they were using his School's Out song with a little girl buying school supplies. He had full AC makeup and , well, that fruit to me was still rotten. :(

Upvote 0

Wags

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2004
Oregon
✟12,463.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Zayit said:
I figured when I read that , that Alice had to have been Haman. I saw awhile back he did a movie called Peter and Paul, in it he played the sorcerer in Paphos, named Barjesus.

I understand he became a believer ( Christian) awhile back, although I recall this past fall he was doing a commercial for , I think, Staples and they were using his School's Out song with a little girl buying school supplies. He had full AC makeup and , well, that fruit to me was still rotten. :(

I remember that commerical - I was rather surprised. But then again Glen Campbell was arrested awhile back for DWI. Guess he didn't know you aren't supposed to drink after those 4 cups of wine. :) (ok - it wasn't at passover...didn't want anyone to be confused)

Upvote 0