Ohio
✟16,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My friends at school are maily Wicans it's the new craze and I'm wondering how to witness to them. They think Jesus is trying to take away their rights to oppose Him and is laying down the law as a punishment just like their parents. The newage theory.How do I show them that Jesus is a loving God not a condeming one. Especially my aunt whom I love dearly she really needs Jesus but she practices Wiccan. What do I do?

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's really a good question. I have heard tidbits hear and there.
My first suggestion would be to learn about it from a christian perspective.
Getting to know the enemy and what tools he uses in wicca to attrack people.

Then you can lay an attack plan.

This is a Spiritual Battle and it mainly has three levels.

1st Spirtual level

2nd An intellectual level.

3rd there is also a physical level

Once you undertand how wicca affects these levels you can begin to attack it and show what it really is

Pray , pray, pray ad infinitum.

ANd also if you know someone that has been a wiccan and is now a Christian they can inform you about it. Also there are peole that research such things. MAybe there's one in your parish or maybe someone can point you to someone that is Christian and is very well informed about such things.

For my two cents. Wicca is not an ancient religion, It is basically a new relefion that was started somewhere in the 60's.

It is pantheistic and neo pagan. It differs from person to person.

Basically it sets themselves us a god. They have power and other things also have power such trees, animals and other spirits. They belief that everything has power not just God. They may also have familiar spirits. One or many depending on the person.

You may also encounter what they call a natural witch or wiccan. They belief that they have an affinity for The Magick. The Magick is the power that is in nature that connects everything and that's in everything. It is independent of faith. It is merely a tool to be used as they see fit. They may also belief in past lives.

From what I have seen they usullally leave Christianity because it's cruel, unjust and or infair in someway shape of form.

There's alot more women then men practicing it because they see Jesus as an oppresor to their feminity and what it means to be a woman. They see Christianity as masomygismic.

They may even quote a little well known verse in the Bible: Wives or women be submissive or be subject to your husband. They forget the second part: Husband love you wives the same way that Jesus Loved you and died for you paraphrased.

Also you might want to point out that Jesus was born from Woman and Jesus first revealed himself to women when he ressurected.

They might point oout other places a woman is been treated unfairly in bible as part of their defense. I suggest that you go over parts of the Bible that have to do with women and may seem unfair towards them at 1st glance and see what it really says.

Upvote 0

StarSapphire

Joyfully we adore Him!
Nov 28, 2004
Northern California
✟11,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my experience, the Wiccans I've come across are extremely hateful people. The longer they are in that, the more hateful they become. It shows that belief system is awful, since it does nothing to improve a person, but morally degrades them. It is a very dangerous belief!

Upvote 0

Stefania777

Lifting Shadows off a Dream
Oct 28, 2004
New Mexico
✟14,913.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
It might be dangerous to witness to wiccans, because if they get annoyed by you, they might just cast a spell. But we have God on our side and he is our shield against the spells from witches. I think it is best to get to know that wiccan religion well before we attack them with love. I almost was a wiccan sometime in the past, I even made rain fall on my city, with a spell...so yes, they're pretty powerful, but not nearly as powerful as Jesus Christ, and I'm so glad I'v found him.

Upvote 0

Stefania777

Lifting Shadows off a Dream
Oct 28, 2004
New Mexico
✟14,913.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Sapphyre said:
In my experience, the Wiccans I've come across are extremely hateful people. The longer they are in that, the more hateful they become. It shows that belief system is awful, since it does nothing to improve a person, but morally degrades them. It is a very dangerous belief!
Yes, they are hateful people, and very selfish.

Upvote 0

dulcinea

Dec 3, 2004
The United States
Visit site
✟15,360.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Stefania777 said:
Yes, they are hateful people, and very selfish.
I am so very saddened to read this. :( It literally brings tears to my eyes to read people judging a whole group in such a callous and disrespectful manner.

I know some Wiccans, and they are kind people who have rough interactions with Christians. So, they may appear to dislike Christians severely, but honestly, if you were told that you are a hateful person and very selfish, would you like to listen to what those people say? I wouldn't!

As for Wiccans casting spells on you, most true Wiccans wouldn't do this, because they believe in something called "three-fold law." The Three-Fold Law means that whatever energy they put out, they believe they will receive back that energy three-fold. So if they cast a spell to harm you, they will receive three fold the harm back to themselves, so it doesn't make much sense to wish harm on someone if more harm will come to you in the end, does it?

If you must witness to Wiccans, the first thing I can recommend is RESPECT. Respect them as people. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them! But don't start telling them how evil they are, how hateful they are, how selfish they are, how wrong they are because you are 100% right and you know it. Nothing turns off someone quicker than that.

Chava, I would recommend showing them that Jesus is a loving God by actively demonstrating the love of Jesus in practical ways. You say you are already friends with them. Then be a good friend to them. You may want to talk about the freedom and love you have found in Jesus, and how He has freed you instead of condemning you. Invite them to youth group meetings if they won't be pounced upon as evil or selfish or wicked, or whatever. If you have Christian friends who won't be mean to them, introduce them and show them that not all Christians are angry at them for their religious practices.

Your friends may quote Bible verses to you. Be prepared to answer them in a loving, consistent manner. Or they may point out atrocities that have been commited in the past in the name of Christ. Be ready to point out that just because people do certain things, doesn't mean Jesus approves of it.

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Speaking as a former Wiccan I can only tell you about my salvation holdouts and maybe that will help you in dealing with your friends.

I had a great, big, God-sized hole in my heart for a long time. I loved the Lord as a child but was mistakingly hung up on religion (Catholicism in my case) instead of Faith. I disagreed with man-made church laws and didn't understand what I thought were contradictions in the Bible (old law of old Testament vs. New Testament salvation) and there was no one around me to teach me. That was when I first got sucked into new age -- all are welcome, you can do/think nothing wrong, etc. -- which eventually led to Wicca. I got really hung up on the idea that there was just one way into Heaven. How could that be? So my boyfriend at the time (no my husband) who was recently saved, gave me the book "No Wonder They Call Him the Savior" by Max Lucado. It was a quick, easy read that FINALLY helped me to understand salvation. If you can't get your friends to read it, maybe you should. It might help you to create a better witnessing game plan.

Now, on to witnessing. First, live a life of example! When people see positive changes in you, they want what you have. When they ask why you look different, tell them it's the light of the Lord shining through you! And never argue or nag. Once you've begun an argument you've lost your ability to witness. You can't nag someone into Heaven. It doesn't work like that. But prayer does. Pray the scales would fall from their eyes. Pray in the Word. Pray for an opportunity to witness. Be patient. God doesn't work in our time, but in His. Remember, you may not witness the harvest you've planted. But no matter what happens, you've planted a seed!

True Wicca are not hateful or dangerous (as far as putting a spell on you) but it certainly wouldn't hurt to pray for protection over yourself before witnessing. I know my sisters will innocently perform a spell on my or my children's behalf without my knowledge. They can't harm me though. Also, I would pray that God would give you the right words at the right time to witness. I've found the Holy Spirit moves through me when necessary and it doesn't even feel like it's me speaking when this happens.

I sort of started rambling... Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

jesus_frea[k]

Nov 9, 2004
somewherez ovr de rainbo
✟164.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i really don't know much about wicca, but i think it's pretty confusing. i think God wanted to make life simple, not so confusing. i think a big difference between a believer and a non-believer is that the non-believer is searching and they're lost in life and the believer once was lost but now is found (amazing grace oh ya). but the non-believer isn't exactly sure what they're looking for. is it love? acceptance? they believe what they believe because the darkness has lead them to think that the wicca stuff is the truth. it's like there's a battle going on for their soul. reminds me of this verse John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. no one comes to the Father except through me." maybe you could write that on a school notebook or send it in a note to them or something like that. remember that you can't force them to believe in Jesus. the best you can do is tell them about Him and PRAY. try to love them like Jesus does and let em know that you're there for them even though they might not listen. i admire you for your kindness to them that you'd love them that much to want them to know Jesus. witness isn't just a verb it's a noun, too. you can be a witness for Him. remember you belong to God! hope i helped some. ;)

Reactions: LynnMcG
Upvote 0

lovemysoldier

Oct 24, 2004
✟8,468.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Love speaks louder than words. Remember that you are not in control, God is. Only God knows what each person needs. God will use you when He needs to and will speak through you when the time comes. If you want to help, start by praying and keep your heart open so God can use you.

Upvote 0

Tashena

Jan 7, 2005
Texas
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe I have the right words to tell you what you should say. I feel that if you are looking for the right words to be able to witness to someone, then the holy spirit will give you those right words at the right time. It works for me. When ever you are witnessing in the first place, those words are coming from Christ in the first place. Take encouragement... God will help his servants when he sees them in need!

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lovemysoldier said:
Love speaks louder than words. Remember that you are not in control, God is. Only God knows what each person needs. God will use you when He needs to and will speak through you when the time comes. If you want to help, start by praying and keep your heart open so God can use you.

Ditto that. Love is the power.

Upvote 0

Romgie

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
✟15,132.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was a wiccan before I found God, and I agree that they are not mean, hateful, or spiteful people. Most are really kind and gentle and loving if given the chance to be. But what Ive seen is that many teens, which i am, think that the idea of magic and having power is awesome but in reality, nothing but pain can come from the use of magic, as it says in the bible, magic is evil. Theres no such thing as "Good" or "White" magic. Yes there is such things as magic but not in the sence that your going to cast a spell on someone and make them love you (Which ive tried. Dont work :p ). Magic is a long drawn out process that one spell could take hours to complete becuase of the concentration it requires. But back to my point, most of the teens, note i say most, do think that having power is all that matters and Wicca is a religion where thats all true, power is derrived from the inner soul and thats all people want, but what they dont realize about Chistianity is that Christians have power, its just through Jesus Christ that we gain it.
When I was a Wiccan it made me so mad when people would come up to me and say "You know your going to Hell" and stuff like that, and when people tried to talk to me about it, thats all I heard from them "Your going to Hell" Well instead of directly stating verses from the bible, or condemming their beliefs, as alot of people have said on here, get to know them, read about wicca, read about what its beliefe are, then from there talk a little bit at a time,( but dont let what it says sway you from Christianity. Keep to the right path ) gently to your friend about Christianity. Invite them to church and just do hands on stuff with them, but dont make it seem like your trying to convert them. It will take a long time for them to come around, but if you gently nudge and just say tidbits from the bible here and there (Dont overdo it in one sitting), they will eventually come around. I hope this helps. ^^

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
chava said:
My friends at school are maily Wicans it's the new craze and I'm wondering how to witness to them. They think Jesus is trying to take away their rights to oppose Him and is laying down the law as a punishment just like their parents. The newage theory.How do I show them that Jesus is a loving God not a condeming one. Especially my aunt whom I love dearly she really needs Jesus but she practices Wiccan. What do I do?

my honest opinion?

"Do unto others as you would do unto yourself."

i have had several friends who are wiccan. and i have a lot of respect for them. i dont' agree with their spirituality by any means, but i have respect for them because at times, they can treat people better than a lot of Christians.

i say treat them as you would treat yourself. listen to them, let them ask you questions, and critque your faith. if you can't answer them, then don't make up some exscuse of why you can't answer it. just be honest and say, "i don't know." they as others for the most part will respect honesty and humility. now honestly if they don't, then honestly they aren't truly wiccan, to me they would only be anti-God people who tries to make up their own religion. true wiccans, are very respectable with other's views.

so again just talk to them about God when they are ready to hear about your views. which it all goes back to "Do unto others as you would do unto yourself.", pray for them, whether they know it or not. God Bless you! <><

Upvote 0

hiumble1

Jan 18, 2005
NC
Visit site
✟16,102.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
chava said:

First, let me say that don't give up on anyone. your compassion is shown in your statement, and shows your love for Jesus. so, Amen.

Second, when witnessing to someone who experienced in his/her faith don't go in lightly, thinking you can throw terms out and they will smack their forehead and say " that makes so much sense".

Make sure you know you bible (especially if they try to throw it back at you by misquoting verses to trip you up).

for witnessing to your aunt, know something about wiccans, what do they believe (you don't have to know spells).

For witnessing to your friends, the first thing that struck me was your statement they concerning Jesus.
Which means they have heard of him (they are most likely Backsliders)
Ask them if they had a christian background.
[they will probably say yeah but they were full of hipocrates, etc....]

When a person maintains that he was once a Christian, but came to his senses, he is saying that he once knew the Lord (see John 17:3). Ask him, "Did you know the Lord?" He will then be forced to say, "I thought I did!" This gives you license to gently say, "If you don’t know so, then you probably didn’t." If he didn’t know the Lord, he was therefore never a Christian (1 John 5:11–13,20).

Explain to him that the Bible speaks of false conversion, in which a "stony ground" hearer receives the Word with joy and gladness. Then, in a time of tribulation, temptation, and persecution, falls away. If he is open to reason, take him through the Ten Commandments, into the message of the cross, and the necessity of repentance and faith in the Savior.

There are some good websites that can give you amo for understanding how...
livingwaters.com
wayofthemaster.com
carm.org

Keep in mind, you may not get someone to come christ for his salvation, but if plant the seed, someone else may sow the seed.

Give them the truth of why you need christ.....
you can use your testi9mony too, of why you came to know Jesus
Good Luck!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lovemygod316

Jul 8, 2011
✟15,199.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You know what is funny? I was still a Wiccan the last time this topic was posted in. I had been led to the Lord sometime in 2000. Then about a year later, I left the church I was going to for reasons I honestly can't remember completely (I think I didn't feel like I fit in or something like that), but instead of trying to find another church, I let the Devil tempt me back into the Occult (I was really fascinated with it as a teenager), and I ended up going to a "Meetup" for Pagans and Wiccans.

It was at this Meetup that I met a man that said he was starting a Wiccan coven and looking for prospective members, so I signed up to be his "student". It started with me just coming over once a week for classes where I learned about Wicca, magick, and other Occult topics. I thought I had found my true spiritual home. I felt even more flattered and priviledged when he and his wife asked me to join the coven as an "Inner Court" member, and that they wanted to groom me to become an eventual High Priest of my own coven some day.

Of course, with the higher and more involved position came a greater commitment to the coven, which meant a personal commitment to do pretty much whatever the high priest and high priestess wanted me to do, whether or not it specifically pertained to the coven or Wicca. They explained that this sort of "indentured apprenticeship" was how Wiccan covens had been doing things for the decades since Wicca was first created by it's founder in the 50's. They said it was the price to pay for having the priviledge to learn "real Wicca" and that there things that "solitaries", or Wiccans that were not part of a coven that could trace their "lineage" to the founder of Wicca, would never learn.

In "traditional" Wicca, there are a series of "degrees", or ranks, that one progresses through, going from First, to Second, and then to Third Degree, where you are considered at the level of a High Priest or High Priestess of Wicca. By the time that the previous message of this topic had been written, I was either at or very close to attaining the rank of Third Degree within the coven. I had spent that 4-5 years totally letting myself be dominated in most aspects of my life by this high priest and high priestess of Wicca, and it would be another 5 or so years until I broke free from their domination. I also had found a true blessing in the midst of all the darkness, and that was the woman that is now my wife.

That is only half the story so far, and the reason I am posting it is because I believe there are lessons to be learned from what I went through that one could apply when sharing the Gospel with Wiccans. There are even more lessons that I think can be learned from the second half of the story, which I will post later when I have more time. I believe that this, along with meeting my wife, is the reason that God let me go through this trial, so that I would be able to share what Wicca is like on the inside and things that might be done to overcome its seductive grip on one's spiritual life.

But for now, let me post a few questions and answers taken from the first half.

1. Q. What put me in the position to even be interested in Wicca or Paganism enough to seek out a Pagan meetup in the first place?

A. Fascination with the Occult had siezed me as an adolescent and teenager, and this fascination led me to research all kinds of subjects like magic, Satanism, psychic powers, divination, Witchcraft, and many other things that kids do not need to be putting into their heads. So if you have kids and they seem to have a "harmless" fascination with these subjects, nip it in the bud as soon as you can!

2. Q. What caused me to seek out a social connection with the Wiccan or Pagan community?

A. I was lonely and desperate for human contact, and I thought that I did not fit in with the church singles group that I had been hanging out with. If you are in a social group in your church (small groups seem to be popular nowadays, they weren't back in 2000-2001 iirc) and someone seems like they are keeping to themselves alot, reach out to them and make sure they know that they are welcomed and that God loves them and will always have a place for them.

3. Q. What caused me to get so mixed up with this high priest and priestess couple, to the point where I was willing to do just about anything they "commanded" me to do, all because they were teaching me Wicca?

A. Two main reasons. They appealed to my low self esteem and my ego. They made me feel like I was worth more as a person while I was in their group. and they also constantly repeated to me how good and "loyal" of a student and coven member I was, and that more people should have my level of "commitment." If you know any Wiccans, ask them what they get out of it. Does it make them feel powerful and accepted? Are they in a group with a strong willed leader? Tell them how Jesus is the ultimate leader, and that there is no power that can match him. Also, Jesus will not enslave your soul, but will instead free it from the bondage of sin.

In the second half of my true story, I learn the truth about Wicca and my teachers, and my wife and I finally get the strength to leave them, but not before delving even deeper into the abyss and almost reaching the point of no return, where our marriage and our very lives could have been at grave risk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Baz

Nov 20, 2011
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow, lovemygod, thank you for sharing your story. It was very powerful and insightful and helps me understand more how the more "orthodox" wiccans work =D.

That's something I picked up to that what a wiccan (or any witchcraft for that matter), may appreciate about Jesus is his purity and his raw power over all things physical and spirit. He is the true master of the elements and spirits and when you experience his presence and love you wonder how the heck you settled for less.

I find a lot of people leave church for the occult because they feel a real spiritual power coming from it where many churches seem to not exist in a very supernatural realm (and when they do they seem to act crazy). Church feels lonely, dry and sterile where you're just sitting there, wasting away, missing life and just waiting for heaven to come one day. That's NOT what Jesus called us to. The Great Commission is laden with adventure, reality, sacrifice, power, love, suffering, and just seeing God do some really amazing things, then some very quiet, subtle, yet powerful things.

I'm not suggesting a light-show but life in Christ is not supposed to be dry and bitter but alive and dynamic. It's supposed to be an oasis in the middle of a wilderness and a family. Some people go to church and that is the only kind of real family interaction they are ever going to get.

BTW. I don't like all the previous talk about "attack attack attack" in other posts. I understand there is spiritual warfare but that just sounds aggressive to anyone on the outside. Attacking with love? It sounds like an oxymoron. A lot of people are just so weary and tired in the world and really could just use some hospitality for once... Jesus said "come to me and I will give you rest".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,490.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I guess things are a bit different in the UK. Some who are wiccan's and some who are witches may appreciate Jesus as a human being but do not necessarily share the chistian understanding of authroity over.

Christianity is not so encultured either; I used to send people back to the churches they had come from if they only wanted in to be able to play with magick a la Hollywood. Things were not helped by their raised expectation of God to 'do' something and for that reason I still dislike prosperity teachings of the name it and claim it kind. I think it was an easy step away from magick with a veneer of Christianity into something that saw no need for the veneer.

Stale Jesus is a concept a friend of mine has raised- you can live on it if you have to but who in their right mind would settle for stale Jesus if you could have the real bread of life instead. Following Christ should be the adventure that takes a lifetime but that so often gets abranded by the reality of christian fellowship.

Upvote 0

Baz

Nov 20, 2011
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Vespasia,

Hehe yes, no doubt the view of Jesus varies across the board no matter what the affiliation/practice.

Encultured... you mean like it's dictated more by the culture than Christ?

How did you send people back? Are you a leader?

I would stop the world and want to get off if staleness was the ultimate of Christ. I know it's not because I've experienced him and his amazingness and that sustained me through the tough and dry times.

Besides, who in their right mind would give their whole life to that? That's like entering into an unwanted marriage where there is no love, joy, etc.

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,490.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I find the view of Christ differs from denomination to denomination and also between Christian and Christian. The only way to stop ones head from unscrewing form the seeming paradox is to take a step back and consider the possibility that each is looking at the same Christ as the other but because their pov is different to the other so will be the persepctive.

Encultured simply means taking on the behaviors and patterns of society. If a society is broadly christian as happened in the middle ages in Europe then the concept of Christian teaching is known in far wider contexts. When it ceases to be uncultured so that society no longer has a conecpt of Christian teachings the whole thing moves into the need to have a missional mindset instead of assuming people know of Christ. [I hope that maes more sense]

How- quite simple I used to laugh at their niavity and then tell them to get lost and only bother comming back when they were not carrying so much excess baggage. It is amazing how many cannot stand being laughed at when they have come seeking what they assume to be the uber serious grand high poohba of the sparkly encrusted unicorn coven who ONLY spends there time in deep contemplation and exploration of all things arcane and esoteric.

By baggage I was not referring to Christ, I meant the human mess inside them that had caused them to depart in search of instant gratification they hoped would magically appear elsewhere. In honesty I always refused those who asked me if they could be my apprentice but there have been two I still remain in close contact with simply because they accepted being told 'no' and whilst I know they live in hope I may change my mind they accept me as I am now.

I was not nor ever will be a linaged wiccan; knew too many of the old crowd and felt closer to 1734 and the British Mystery Tradition to be that impressed with an ecclectic cobbled together theatrical excuse to watch people with no clothes on. I am more than adept in my old field and yes I led. I cannot unlearn what I know but as I decided to choose Christ as the better way I no longer keep in practice. These days I am still in leadership but that is within a Christian church context.

Does that answer?

Upvote 0