Aug 18, 2012
✟1,443,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
High housing prices are only just one of the many reasons American citizens are moving away from California.

California real estate has been much higher than the rest of the country...for the last 50 years. There's this thing called demand...

But in recent years, there is another factor driving up real estate and rent prices across many other areas of the country: Big investment firms buying up the market. That isn't a California issue. That is unconstrained capitalism at work.

• Useful
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟728,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

In my opinion, California has been swiftly going downhill for more than several years.
No doubt ... “blue” states tend to be less fiscally stable. The massive over spending of Federal government is absolutely effecting the entire country ... yet they (both parties) don't do much to stop it .... they just keep printing money and putting more debt on the tax payers.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,204,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No doubt ... “blue” states tend to be less fiscally stable. The massive over spending of Federal government is absolutely effecting the entire country ... yet they (both parties) don't do much to stop it .... they just keep printing money and putting more debt on the tax payers.
Those “unstable” states are the reason we can afford things like Mississippi.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never. As I said, just no appeal... Never has been.

All that's ever in the news about California is men that can't keep it in their pants, men who are confused what a man is, free drugs, free sex, free crime, sex trafficking, human trafficking and a two class society there where the poor are stepped over by the wealthy since I was a child...

I just don't read all the above and say to myself "cool, count me in!" Nope. Not for me.

I've visited most of the Nations parks throughout my life, but I intentionally won't visit those in California.
Snobbery is impoverishing.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟565,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It used to be... I trusted the news until just a few years ago (2015 to be exact).
So you trusted them until they started heavily criticizing the guy you liked?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟308,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Those “unstable” states are the reason we can afford things like Mississippi.
Maybe we should consider trimming the fat. How much do you think we could get for it?

Upvote 0