How to preach the Gospel to unbelievers?

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have preached the gospel to unbelievers before by the grace of God and I ask them if they want to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and I tell them it's up to them and if they say yes I start telling them about how God created everything and how Adam and Eve sinned and that we're all sinners and that the good news is that we have a good Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who died on the cross for all of our sins and that's called the good news. God loves everyone and the Holy Spirit will give you the words to say. Goodnight and God bless

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Pray FOR people you know, before you preach.
It is God to change people's heart, not your eloquence.
It has long been reported that in china (small house fellowships, unregistered with the state)
they
are not allowed
to speak out loud the NAME Y'SHUA or anything
about the GOSPEL nor about YHWH nor songs.
If they get caught
they are subject to immediate arrest, beating and death or imprisonment , AND their family with them, and ANYONE who tries to help them.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I share the gospel I usually share a few basic essential truths:

1. Jesus lived a perfect sinless life and did many good works, miracles, and taught us of God's perfect love and his desire that we love one another.

2. Jesus was crucified on the cross and made atonement for our sins. We are forgiven by grace through faith in him.

3. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day and overcame death for all. Because of his victory over the grave we too shall arise on the last day.

4. Jesus calls all men to repent and be baptized.

I usually follow this up by suggesting that they read the gospel of John and find a good LCMS church to join where they can hear the word and take communion regularly.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
By your life.
Amein.
That's how the ecclesia in the NT lived , along with proclaiming the GOSPEL whenever they did;
as those below , they could ONLY show by their lives and.... (cont....)
QUOTE="yeshuaslavejeff"]It has long been reported that in china (small house fellowships, unregistered with the state)
they
are not allowed
to speak out loud the NAME Y'SHUA or anything
about the GOSPEL nor about YHWH nor songs.
If they get caught
they are subject to immediate arrest, beating and death or imprisonment , AND their family with them, and ANYONE who tries to help them.
(cont...)
and other observers , co-workers and neighbors and family members
HAVE BEEN CONVERTED WITHOUT A WORD by the completely changed lives the believers live every day.
Totally different than the unbelievers living around and next to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By your life.

How does your life share the truths of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

I know that by our love shall all men know we are disciples but surely there are some essential truths of the gospel that we must verbalize and share.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How does your life share the truths of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

I know that by our love shall all men know we are disciples but surely there are some essential truths of the gospel that we must verbalize and share.
You cannot prove the resurrection from history. You cannot prove the crucifixion from history. Your only proof is that Jesus is alive and can change the world. Because you are changed, your life shows the truth of Christ. (If you are not changed, you should not be talking about such things anyway. There's enough of that going around already.)

You share when they ask. That's when they will listen.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You cannot prove the resurrection from history. You cannot prove the crucifixion from history.
Perhaps it is possible though.
Evidence That Demands a Verdict I and II
is stronger proof than anyone has presented for anything else on this forum so far, I think.

And some people have set out to prove the resurrection never happened,
or even that Y'SHUA was totally made up not real,
and they ended up believing in HIM and giving their lives to HIM because the EVIDENCE THEY FOUND was so overwhelming they turned to HIM to be saved.

• Agree
Reactions: Ken Behrens
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cannot prove the resurrection from history. You cannot prove the crucifixion from history. Your only proof is that Jesus is alive and can change the world.

That's debatable. There is much evidence for the existence of Christ.

Because you are changed, your life shows the truth of Christ. (If you are not changed, you should not be talking about such things anyway. There's enough of that going around already.)

You share when they ask. That's when they will listen.

Don't get me wrong I do believe that we should be living the commands of Christ and our lives should be an example of the gospel but when Peter and Paul preached the gospel they used words. In Acts 2 we find a prime example of this in Peter's Pentecost sermon. So it is necessary to use words to explain the truths of the gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's debatable. There is much evidence for the existence of Christ.

Don't get me wrong I do believe that we should be living the commands of Christ and our lives should be an example of the gospel but when Peter and Paul preached the gospel they used words. In Acts 2 we find a prime example of this in Peter's Pentecost sermon. So it is necessary to use words to explain the truths of the gospel.
With everything the Spirit did that morning, there were a lot of people asking questions. When our lives witness to such miraculous things, we will have a ready audience as well.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With everything the Spirit did that morning, there were a lot of people asking questions. When our lives witness to such miraculous things, we will have a ready audience as well.

The audience is always ready. The harvest is plentiful but the labors few. Unless we open our mouths they will never hear the gospel.

Upvote 0

DynamiteX

Oct 28, 2016
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think preaching it to a nonbeliever wud be the best thing. Often the best tactic is to listen to an unbeliever's problems, and then answer them based of a biblical reference that you can give to them on their terms. I have been able to work this way with Atheist, Muslims and Jews alike with great success. Its not always about finding a hole in the defense, as much as it is to wait for God to open a hole and opportunity for u... God knows when they're ready.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The audience is always ready. The harvest is plentiful but the labors few. Unless we open our mouths they will never hear the gospel.
Sorry, not my experience. Google "Kirkbride Jesus" if you want to see Delaware's own proof of the problem. I'd give you a link but there are too many to choose from, including hate, satire, all sorts of negative publicity and a famous tirade of postings in the university paper website a couple years ago.

Upvote 0