How to know if i am talking to God /Holy Spirit or it's just myself?

InThePottersChamber

Apr 29, 2017
Alabama
✟35,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been asking God questions about my future, and everytime he says the same thing. Even when I'm not aware of asking the question, he says the same thing. Is it God or just my own overactive imagination? Is the little still voice i hear in my head really God? It's crazy that I can ask the still voice for advice and it actually gives me good advice? I can't believe it's God because that seems too lucky for me! Anyone has any opinion on this?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've been asking God questions about my future, and everytime he says the same thing. Even when I'm not aware of asking the question, he says the same thing. Is it God or just my own overactive imagination? Is the little still voice i hear in my head really God? It's crazy that I can ask the still voice for advice and it actually gives me good advice? I can't believe it's God because that seems too lucky for me! Anyone has any opinion on this?
If you ever get to the point of where "you know that you know that you know God, etc, or maybe at least better than some, or most, etc, then you will be able to begin discerning His true voice from others, etc, because it comes from knowing Him, and grows deeper/louder in the process of trying to get to know Him, etc, in the form of God the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ most especially, etc. That story is very, very important, etc. And the Father God also, etc. Those stories are also very, very important, etc.

Hearing can only come from knowing, or being one who at least is in the process of knowing, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you ever get to the point of where "you know that you know that you know God, etc, or maybe at least better than some, or most, etc, then you will be able to begin discerning His true voice from others, etc, because it comes from knowing Him, and grows deeper/louder in the process of trying to get to know Him, etc, in the form of God the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ most especially, etc. That story is very, very important, etc. And the Father God also, etc. Those stories are also very, very important, etc.

Hearing can only come from knowing, or being one who at least is in the process of knowing, etc.

God Bless.
@InThePottersChamber

Ask God if everyone has to have the same exact knowledge, or image, or not, but I don't think that would necessarily be the case necessarily, since we know our God is multifaceted, but it just might have to be one of the right ones maybe, etc?

God Bless.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the still quiet voice is Christ in you as you ...

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Be specific - what is the voice saying to you? (Rhetorical question).
You need to be familiar with what scripture says about God and the nature of your relationship with Him, in order to discern where the voice is coming from. In Heb. 5 it says that the mature by training learn to discern good and evil.

I've heard things in my own head, most of which is my own thoughts, although I've heard from God as well as demons. If what the voice says is contrary to sound doctrine according to scripture, then you know it's not from God.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what the voice is saying.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been asking God questions about my future, and everytime he says the same thing.
Possibly, He means He is not going to give you certain details ahead of time. You now are not mature enough to understand His plan and do what you should do about your future.

So, perhaps, He will say something like >

"Simply trust Me."

And He knows He will arrange everything while He guides you.

So, you are welcome to tell us what you keep hearing; if it is God, it can be good for us, too.

In and through different things, I hear >

"I am the way, the truth, and the life."

This can mean Jesus knows who He is and what He is doing with me. So, I can simply trust Him and discover all He does and shares with me and others.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's crazy that I can ask the still voice for advice and it actually gives me good advice? I can't believe it's God because that seems too lucky for me! Anyone has any opinion on this?
Our Father personally shares with His own children. But how well can we listen? We can trust God to grow us in ability to correctly hear from Him. And yes test if we are getting things right. Be humble, and yes we need how He can make us honest so we understand Him correctly.

And His communication is not only with words. We are not supposed to just read and hear what God says to us and then be puppets of ourselves making ourselves do what we think He means. No, instead, when we hear and read from God, we need to submit to Him so He does with us what He means >

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

He works us to do what He desires. We discover what He means.

We have His word. And we have "senses" deeper than words > Hebrews 5:14.

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟15,172.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Discerning whether the communication you receive is from the Holy Spirit or from another source is a learning process, and you can only grow in this by practising. You have already received a lot of advice on this, so that is cool.

Something I encourage you to look at is your statement about being “too lucky.” Many Christians feel this way, yet our value is not determined by our own opinions about ourself, but by Our Heavenly Creator, Who has given us our value. I advise you to just gratefully accept each blessing, hallelujah!

Upvote 0