How should you date a woman who has a little kid?

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
lol, She probably won't let you see her child too soon, or at least any respectable mother usually won't (as they don't want any imprinting on the child of strange fellows that may leave their relationship sooner than later). Just get to know the mother as best you can, do this for awhile; because trust me, having a child involved in your relationship makes everything su... er, it makes everything more family orientated.

How old are you anyway Gabe?

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I think the kid should be left out of mom's dating life for as long as it's possible. There's no sense of getting the kid attached to you only to have the relationship go south.

Who am I to take a parent away from its child when the parent could be spending time with the child instead?

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who am I to take a parent away from its child when the parent could be spending time with the child instead?

Most Single Moms I know enjoy leaving their child for entertainment purposes... idk, raising a child on your own is pretty hard and there has to be some sort of relief to it I imagine.

Upvote 0

Daedalus^2

Jan 19, 2011
Home
✟1,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm considering doing this but I am not sure how to go about it. Should you take the kid out with the mother, I think you should. Or just take the mother out, mother thinks this is best. What do you think?

I think the question is less 'should I date a women with a small kid', but more 'Have I prayed and heard God's voice clearly?'

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I think the question is less 'should I date a women with a small kid', but more 'Have I prayed and heard God's voice clearly?'

God doesn't audibly talk to me. He puts people and situations in my life and expects me to deal with them as an emissary of God's love and grace.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God speaks through His word rather clearly, and of course the Holy Ghost as well (John 14:26); His love is tough love at that and He chastens whom He loves, you're responsible for keeping His commandments (read my signature).

Upvote 0

Daedalus^2

Jan 19, 2011
Home
✟1,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God doesn't audibly talk to me. He puts people and situations in my life and expects me to deal with them as an emissary of God's love and grace.

I'm not saying audibly. I don't hear God audibly. Neither do a lot of my strong Christian friends, and in my time in churches, I've only met a few people who have heard Him audibly and tangibly speak.

I'm talking of the voice in your spirit, that thing that stirs your heart. The voice that speaks wisdom, brings peace, directs and corrects, the one that brings conviction and redemption. The one that speaks to you when no-one else will.

And if you're not hearing it... Then maybe you're not listening, or you're ignoring it because you're hearing an answer you don't like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
God speaks through His word rather clearly, and of course the Holy Ghost as well (John 14:26); His love is tough love at that and He chastens whom He loves, you're responsible for keeping His commandments (read my signature).

What do God's commandments say about dating a woman who has a kid?

Upvote 0

SneakerPimp53

Becoming X
Jan 14, 2011
The 'rents' basement
✟15,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Parents don't cease to be individual people with their own wants and needs just because children come along. The general expert opinion on the matter is helicopter parenting is unhealthy for both parents and children. Mom and child need time apart, and mom needs to explore her dating life without visiting the up's and down's on the kid. It's also a great opportunity for the child to develop relationships with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other extended family and friends.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do God's commandments say about dating a woman who has a kid?

That would entirely depend on her situation, how long has her and the Pops of the child been apart?

Is she a Christian? Was she married?

Provide more details and I can find scriptures for you :)

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
That would entirely depend on her situation, how long has her and the Pops of the child been apart?

Is she a Christian? Was she married?

Provide more details and I can find scriptures for you :)

Those are excellent questions. Should I ask her if she's ever had an abortion while I'm at it? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I think you might be able to assume that she may not have if she's a Christian; otherwise, if she has, what were the circumstances of her abortion might be an eventual question, yes.

I don't think I know of one atheist who has had an abortion but off hand I know at least 2 Christian women who have told me they have. They regretted it and in one case it destroyed her marriage when her husband found out.

One of my former Pastors teared up when he spoke of sin and its effects on people and at the time I thought less of him for his emotional response. My heart was hard. Now I feel that too and I see what he saw as the wreckage of sin runs rampant.

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Really? I can think of quite a few Athiests I know that have had abortions, maybe your demographic is different than mine though; well, it must be.

It might be. Most people around me claim to be Christians. Funny thing. The Wiccan I mentioned the other day has a kid she put up for adoption. So even the one Wiccan I know didn't go for the abortion option. She even showed me pics of her son.

Upvote 0